2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Nac_dragon said:

Just a update the Nac Lufkin game will be played at SFA this 

Nice move. Is it because Nacogdoches is renovating their Press Box at the stadium? Or has that already been done?

If Lufkin has any plans for Press Box replacement or any stadium renovations, it has not been announced.

There were rumors in 2021 that a new press box and some new LED stadium lighting may happen. That was two years ago, nothing yet. 

The main goal currently for the district is finishing the Middle School. Don't think ABE falling behind most of our competitors stadiums, even Nacogdoches, is high on the list for many in our leadership. Just a reminder, ABE is still using their original 1973 Press Box. Yes, Abe Martin will be 50 years old in August. Our folks know, because those same administrators attend Panther out of town games and see where our opponents play thier home games.

An FYI add on, the Turf is worn and needs replacing too.

Hey, there has been some postives, there are some new ticket booths, brand new concrete driveways and a new visitor parking lot by the soccer field, so things have shown some progress. Looking forward for the next phase of improvements whenever they happen.

I'm asking this question to anyone out there who KNOWS, however primarily directed toward Purple Nation.

Longview is known for tough physical and mental workouts, and play on the field. They are extremely physical against each other in their practice regiment. IMO that pays dividends to their success.

How do you rate Lufkin's football workouts in comparison?

3 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I'm asking this question to anyone out there who KNOWS, however primarily directed toward Purple Nation.

Longview is known for tough physical and mental workouts, and play on the field. They are extremely physical against each other in their practice regiment. IMO that pays dividends to their success.

Great ! Observation. Not even close.we mainly go half shell.and limited contact except tackling a doughnut wheel.

54 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Nice move. Is it because Nacogdoches is renovating their Press Box at the stadium? Or has that already been done?

If Lufkin has any plans for Press Box replacement or any stadium renovations, it has not been announced.

There were rumors in 2021 that a new press box and some new LED stadium lighting may happen. That was two years ago, nothing yet. 

The main goal currently for the district is finishing the Middle School. Don't think ABE falling behind most of our competitors stadiums, even Nacogdoches, is high on the list for many in our leadership. Just a reminder, ABE is still using their original 1973 Press Box. Yes, Abe Martin will be 50 years old in August. Our folks know, because those same administrators attend Panther out of town games and see where our opponents play thier home games.

An FYI add on, the Turf is worn and needs replacing too.

Hey, there has been some postives, there are some new ticket booths, brand new concrete driveways and a new visitor parking lot by the soccer field, so things have shown some progress. Looking forward for the next phase of improvements whenever they happen.

From what I heard Coach House wants the game played at SFA every time Lufkin has to come to Nac

2 minutes ago, Nac_dragon said:

From what I heard Coach House wants the game played at SFA every time Lufkin has to come to Nac

That's a great idea, long over due. Lots more people can come watch the game.

2 hours ago, Lennie said:

Great ! Observation. Not even close.we mainly go half shell.and limited contact except tackling a doughnut wheel.

It shows when we play the Lobos or any physical team. Didn't have that issue back in the first 10 years with Outlaw. A different time and different kids now, except in Longview.

43 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

It shows when we play the Lobos or any physical team. Didn't have that issue back in the first 10 years with Outlaw. A different time and different kids now, except in Longview.

The answer is simple and I’ve given it before but y’all don’t like the answer

2 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

The answer is simple and I’ve given it before but y’all don’t like the answer

Believe it was liked and agreed on by me.

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I can't imagine Longview having a tougher off season workout or practice as to why they have been successful. I think it's important but they have just had more talent here recently. We can quantify that by looking at recruiting. Longview isn't going full pads blasting each other every day. That's just not smart. You don't have to do that and your gonna get kids hurt. King is a smart coach and they got good players. 

Okay, no practice anywhere outside today. Looks like they are inside with the doors up.  Headed back to house, maybe will get another glimpse of them Monday. 

I'm  not really too worried about next season. All the Green experts say it's between the Lobos, Lancaster and Forney.  I can hardly wait for the season to start. Go Pack!

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

I can't imagine Longview having a tougher off season workout or practice as to why they have been successful. I think it's important but they have just had more talent here recently. We can quantify that by looking at recruiting. Longview isn't going full pads blasting each other every day. That's just not smart. You don't have to do that and your gonna get kids hurt. King is a smart coach and they got good players. 

Yea nobody is doing that these days! 

Just now, PackAttack said:

Okay, no practice anywhere outside today. Looks like they are inside with the doors up.  Headed back to house, maybe will get another glimpse of them Monday. 

I'm  not really too worried about next season. All the Green experts say it's between the Lobos, Lancaster and Forney.  I can hardly wait for the season to start. Go Pack!

They will have to earn their respect this year! Nobody has any reason to give it , we haven’t proven anything in this district yet! 

5 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Okay, I can accept the better players. That has been evident the past 3 or 4 years.  Was it 2021 Lufkin only had their punter recruited?

4 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lancaster beat Forney 56-6 Last year. I honestly don't think Forney is as good as some people think. Lufkin should beat them next season.

Just now, PurpleNation said:

As for how I would rate Lufkin's spring practice. I'm not sure but they seem to be doing what we did and we finished 14-1. The do inside hull, and pass hull, team, individual circuit. A good mixture between half and full pad. 

Everybody does inside, pass hull , and team periods .

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

Lancaster beat Forney 56-6 Last year. I honestly don't think Forney is as good as some people think. Lufkin should be at them next season.

I attended that forney game last year! We played terrible on both sides of the ball ! 

2 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Lancaster beat Forney 56-6 Last year. I honestly don't think Forney is as good as some people think. Lufkin should be at them next season.

Like I said, really looking forward to August.