2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

McNorth probably has one more year of juice left in them, thanks to McKinney ISD zoning trends. Their SR class is solid, but beyond that there isn't much. I gave Lufkin the edge because it's at Abe and they'll have a little more depth. Would've given them the edge if it was in McKinney.

What I don't understand is the thought of Forney taking a step back. They were really young last year (multiple D1 players returning) and had dominant subvarsity teams...not to mention well coached. One of the fastest growing school districts in DFW too. They are well over the 6A cutoff as I type.

Mesquite ISD won't be good. Tyler is interesting.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jack Walker said:

I’d say Hood, maybe the freshman set of brothers and if you think the freshman QB has a chance at starting over TJ I’d say him too 

I don't know much, but I would think the QB position will be TJ Hammond's to start the year. That freshman would have to be an exceptional talent for Quick to ever start him over TJ.  T J hasn't done anything to indicate he can't get the job done.

I just want to see how it all comes together in August, that's all I care about.

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I don't know much, but I would think the QB position will be TJ Hammond's to start the year. That freshman would have to be an exceptional talent for Quick to ever start him over TJ.  T J hasn't done anything to indicate he can't get the job done.

I just want to see how it all comes together in August, that's all I care about.

I think the QB position will be predicated on the oline and wrs. If we have a dominant run blocking oline, and at least 1 reliable wideout, than TJ should be able to step in and be a solid game manager. Complete 3rd and shorts, complete deep shots when the safeties creep into the box, and don't turn the ball over. But if we have a poor oline like we have had the past couple years, then we might have to go with a more athletic QB that can make plays with his legs and run a short passing game like a RPO Style.

10 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

No 10th grader is going to play significant minutes next season.

I agree. Reggie McNeal was the last freshman who played any significant minutes under the Outlaw or Quick coaching regime. 

6 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Now the Wallace kid was going to play varsity last season. Expect him back after this next season.

What is the main reason for his delay?

2023 District 16-5A Track Meet Results:

Boys

Team

1. Lufkin, 145; 2. Kingwood Park, 130; 3. Porter, 115; 4. Nacogdoches, 95; 5. Huntsville, 86; Dayton, 36.

Individual

100-meter dash: 1. Lajarian Leadon, Nacogdoches, 11.07; 2. Christian Mier, Porter; 3. David Brown, Huntsville; 4. Dequarius Hall, Lufkin; 5. Cermodrick Bland, Nacogdoches; 6. Brody Valentine, Dayton.

200-meter dash: 1. Christian Mier, Porter, 22.42; 2. David Brown, Huntsville; 3. Ethan Chernosky, Huntsville; 4. Jeremiah Winfrey, Huntsville; 5. Dequarius Hall, Lufkin; 6. Krisean Preson, Lufkin.

400-meter dash: 1. Mike Mosley, Lufkin, 48.82; 2. O’Marion Scott, Lufkin; 3. Trenton Burningham, Kingwood Park; 4. Alec Forney, Lufkin; 5. Isaiah Collins, Huntsville; 6. Cermodrick Bland, Nacogdoches.

1,600-meter run: 1. Peyton Snapp, Dayton, 4:26.38; 2. Elijah Merino, Kingwood Park; 3. Osvaldo Jasso, Kingwood Park; 4. Kristopher Murphy, Lufkin; 5. Reynold Guadarrama, Lufkin; 6. Jaxon Asbill, Dayton.

3,200-meter run: 1. Elijah Merino, Kingwood Park, 9:43; 2. Peyton Snapp, Dayton; 3. Reynold Guadarrama, Lufkin; 4. Jaxon Asbill; 5. Carson Brown, Kingwood Park; 6. Clay White, Kingwood Park.

110-meter hurdles: 1. Evan Young, Lufkin, 15.00; 2. Solomon Karash, Kingwood Park; 3. Maurice Curl, Lufkin; 4. Tanner Crochet, Porter; 5. Jacob Ruffin, Huntsville; 6. Matthew Borch, Kingwood Park.

300-meter hurdles: 1. Solomon Karash, Kingwood Park, 39.94; 2. Evan Young, Lufkin; 3. Tanner Crochet, Porter; 4. Jacob Ruffin, Huntsville; 5. Da’Vohn Jonas=Reid, Porter; 6. Matthew Borch, Kingwood Park.

400-meter relay: Porter (Mairon Lewis, Aaron Gilliam, Michael Williams, Demare Bernard), 43.18; 2. Lufkin (Brayden Murphy, Krisean Preston, Mike Mosley, Demarcus Chinn); 3. Nacogdoches (Lajarian Leadon, Kevaughn Henderson, K.J. Anthony, Cermoderick Bland); 4. Huntsville (Cole Schroeder, Jeremiah Winfrey, David Brown, Muiz Oluwole); 5. Kingwood Park (Tyrique Riley, Leslie Selph, Aaron Andrews, Greg Davis).

800-meter relay: 1. Huntsville (Jeremiah Winfrey, Caleb Franklin, Kenneth Lewis, Ethan Chernosky); 2. Porter (Michael Williams, Aaron Gilliam, Demare Bernard, Christian Mier); 3. Lufkin (Dequarius Hall, Krisean Preston, Evan Young, Demarcus Chinn); 4. Kingwood Park (Tyrique Riley, Aaron Andrews, Collin Fain, Miguel Gomez).

1,600-meter relay: 1. Lufkin (Alec Forney, Grant Ashby, Mike Mosley, O’Marion Scott), 3:20.41; 2. Kingwood Park (Miguel Gomez, Solomon Karash, Greyson Tedrick, Trenton Burningham); 3. Huntsville (Demarcus Williams, Caleb Franklin, Ethan Chernosky, Isaiah Collins); 4. Porter (David Ladokun, John Harrington, Demare Bernard, Collin Wright); 5. Nacogdoches (Gael Flores, Kevaughn Henderson, Hayden Blake, K.J. Anthony).

High jump: 1. Mairon Lewis, Porter, 6-0; 2. Jayden Henderson, Kingwood Park, 6-0; 3. David Ladokun, Porter; 3. Da’Vohn Jonas-Reid, Porter; 5. Greg Davis, Kingwood Park; 6. Maurice Curl, Lufkin.

Long jump: 1. Lajarian Leadon, Nacogdoches, 21-7.5; 2. Caleb Franklin, Huntsville, 21-7.5; 3. Jayden Henderson, Kingwood Park; 4. Tyrique Riley, Kingwood Park; 5. Mairon Lewis, Porter; 6. Mike Mosley, Lufkin.

Triple jump: 1. Evan Young, Lufkin, 43-2.75; 2. Lajarian Leadon, Nacogdoches; 3. Jayden Henderson, Kingwood Park; 4. K.J. Anthony, Nacogdoches; 5. Jeremiah Stevens, Dayton; 6. Tanner Crochet, Porter.

Shot put: 1. James Williams, Nacogdoches, 47-10; 2. Eric Rosales, Dayton; 3. Andrew Rogers, Nacogdoches; 4. Erick Zapata, Kingwood Park; 5. Zion Williams, Lufkin; 6. Diego Davis, Kingwood Park.

Discus: 1. Andrew Rogers, Nacogdoches, 150-11; 2. James Williams, Nacogdoches; 3. Kaden Hooper, Lufkin; 4. Braylon Holman, Lufkin; 5. Eric Rosales, Dayton; 6. Micah Fisher, Huntsville.

2 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Yeah 

Ok..I remember him being mention a while back. I would love to see him back, but to be honest. If he needed to get away from here and he doing good. It may be best to stay away from here. Especially when you look at all the mess thats been going on around here lately. Wish him the best. 

13 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Ok..I remember him being mention a while back. I would love to see him back, but to be honest. If he needed to get away from here and he doing good. It may be best to stay away from here. Especially when you look at all the mess thats been going on around here lately. Wish him the best. 

I'm not aware of what's been going on around here lately? Fill me in on some of the particulars.

3 hours ago, Lennie said:

KP back another big defensive lineman to get in the rotation . Definitely gonna be a plus for the defense.. let's go pack...... Kaleb Preston.

His size and weight.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:12 PM, PackAttack said:

I'm not aware of what's been going on around here lately? Fill me in on some of the particulars.

Just a lot of the gang violence. His kid was running with the wrong kids and they got shot at one night and one of his friends got hit in the arm. Another kid that is no longer in the program.