2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Pack13 said:

8 have records equal to or better than Lufkin. Two won state this year…

Ellison is hot garbage and I don't think KF made the playoffs. I'm just saying a fast 4x1 doesn't automatically mean good football players. Longview 4x1 is considered slow compared to these guys and they would probably beat everyone of them in actual football outside Duncanville and DeSoto.

25 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

It's the off season we might as well lol

I'm  looking see who might be an up and coming impact player for the Panthers this year. Someone we may not have really seen play too much to this point.  

I know for myself, I'm  looking forward to the continued growth and impact Zion Williams will have on the D line with Brendon Baker, Cooper Conrad and Jordan McClendon. Feel like Conrad could be a good MLB too.

On the offense, really want to see Kevo Taylor, Keandre Hooper and Kriesan Preston get a chance to show out this year. Bradyn Murphy and A Marion Campbell return too, just saying this could be a dynamic WR group.

Who are schedule to be in the Pack backfield with Kedren Young? Bacquari Murphy and who else??

On the Lufkin OL, these are the guys that look to be returning.

These will be the Seniors, Daniel Torres, Hayden Futch, Peyton Havard, Blake Buchanan, Christian Rodriquez, Jaxen Lewis, Randy McKelvey, Rico Rose and Jordan Nicholes (starter).

The Juniors will be Geo Villegas (starter) and Elijah Alexander.

That's 11 - O-linemen that return for 2023.

That does not count who moves up from the JV or Freshmen teams from last year.

Certainly seems like the right quantity of players needed to put together a quality 5 or 6 man OL for 2023.

Anyone have any ideas for who that might be??

We are about 3 weeks away from Panther Spring practice.

ONE key to Lufkin's success this year and next, will be QB play. We know we have T J Hammond starting. There will be other possibilities for backups this year and next too. Where does Gavin Phillips end up?? On the DL? Lufkin Freshman QB was decent last year. Someone mentioned the Freshman will have a top quality QB coming in.

Maybe someone could elaborate on this a bit.

I'm starting up an East Texas 5A website.  Still in the early stages.

Schedules
District Standings
Weekly Game Capsules
Blogs from players and coaches (coming)
Hoping to get a forum jumping so that fans from different teams can actually interact instead of everyone only staying huddled in their own camps.

Check it out.  Always open to suggestions

ETX5AFOOTBALL

Hope yall will join and enjoy!

19 hours ago, PackAttack said:

On the Lufkin OL, these are the guys that look to be returning.

These will be the Seniors, Daniel Torres, Hayden Futch, Peyton Havard, Blake Buchanan, Christian Rodriquez, Jaxen Lewis, Randy McKelvey, Rico Rose and Jordan Nicholes (starter).

The Juniors will be Geo Villegas (starter) and Elijah Alexander.

That's 11 - O-linemen that return for 2023.

That does not count who moves up from the JV or Freshmen teams from last year.

Certainly seems like the right quantity of players needed to put together a quality 5 or 6 man OL for 2023.

Anyone have any ideas for who that might be??

I think Blake Buchanan (Chip's younger brother) is a sophmore.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:38 PM, Mavchamp2017 said:

Schedules
District Standings
Weekly Game Capsules
Hoping to get a forum jumping so that fans from different teams can actually interact instead of everyone only staying huddled in their own camps.

ETX5AFOOTBALL

Hello Mavchamp! Always nice to see you pop in man. The old 12-5A board..🐐

On 3/30/2023 at 7:38 PM, Mavchamp2017 said:

Schedules
District Standings
Weekly Game Capsules

ETX5AFOOTBALL

Sounds amazing Mav. Appreciate your hard work! 

On 3/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, PackAttack said:

I'm  looking see who might be an up and coming impact player for the Panthers this year. Someone we may not have really seen play too much to this point.  

I know for myself, I'm  looking forward to the continued growth and impact Zion Williams will have on the D line with Brendon Baker, Cooper Conrad and Jordan McClendon. Feel like Conrad could be a good MLB too.

On the offense, really want to see Kevo Taylor, Keandre Hooper and Kriesan Preston get a chance to show out this year. Bradyn Murphy and A Marion Campbell return too, just saying this could be a dynamic WR group.

Who are schedule to be in the Pack backfield with Kedren Young? Bacquari Murphy and who else??

Krisean not krisean they spelled it wrong on roster last year