2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Johnson is his last name 

Thanks. I know TJ was not in some workouts previous to the start of Spring training. Hope he is okay and looking well. Need to get out there and see how things are shaping up next week.

I'm curious why Lufkin does not use the visitors dressing room in the new PAC facility for visiting football teams?  Also why they don't use the PURPLE LED lighting on the front of the new building?  If you have it. why don't you use it?

201577832_4072019216229403_5081365135336009299_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Javeon Johnson 

I will be watching for him. The team is going to be strong this year. No predictions, however we will be a tough out for anyone we play this fall.

Lufkin High School Panthers will be competing at the Class 5A Region II Track and Field Championships in UT-Arlington’s Maverick Stadium on Friday and Saturday! We want to wish all the boys and girls the best results possible. Go Pack!

I'll say this. I've been at every practice and watched the light scrimmage at the field on Friday. Lufkin is cooking with something. Gavin Phillips is leaned up and going to be a problem with Kedren coming out the back field. Gavin made a ridiculous 40 yard grab down field with Timmons all over him. I heard he will play some TE too. Hammond has looked really good. If he has time he can make some really good throws. 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:40 AM, PurpleNation said:

I'll say this. I've been at every practice and watched the light scrimmage at the field on Friday. Lufkin is cooking with something. Gavin Phillips is leaned up and going to be a problem with Kedren coming out the back field. Gavin made a ridiculous 40 yard grab down field with Timmons all over him. I heard he will play some TE too. Hammond has looked really good. If he has time he can make some really good throws. 

So we starting to get a clearer picture on the lineup. Now that it appears the Gavin will play some form of H-back. I assume TJ will be starter at Qb, with JJ moving up to varsity as the backup. I'm fine with that, just need to get the Oline straight.

44 minutes ago, timeout! said:

So we starting to get a clearer picture on the lineup. Now that it appears the Gavin will play some form of H-back. I assume TJ will be starter at Qb, with JJ moving up to varsity as the backup. I'm fine with that, just need to get the Oline straight.

Little Hoop balling out of control can't wait him kevo and Murphy out the slot defenses are going to be in trouble 

57 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Little Hoop balling out of control can't wait him kevo and Murphy out the slot defenses are going to be in trouble 

We just need to get Preston going over the top. Green has an abundance of talent at his disposal. Kedren Young shouldn't be ran into the ground with 25+ carries many games. Save those legs for when we really need them. 

2 hours ago, timeout! said:

We just need to get Preston going over the top. Green has an abundance of talent at his disposal. Kedren Young shouldn't be ran into the ground with 25+ carries many games. Save those legs for when we really need them. 

That's a lot to put on an OC like Bubble Screen Green. Outstanding talent has always been able to overcome this. The 2023 and 2024 group of kids will be able to be their best regardless. Just as the groups in 2004, 2005 and 2006 were able to do with their great talent.

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

That's a lot to put on an OC like Bubble Screen Green. Outstanding talent has always been able to overcome this. The 2023 and 2024 group of kids will be able to be their best regardless. Just as the groups in 2004, 2005 and 2006 were able to do with their great talent.

What do we have this year on defense? 

47 minutes ago, Pack05 said:

Will the offensive line be able to show big improvements? What kids returning ? 

This is the million dollar questions. Good receivers don’t matter if the QB doesn’t have time. Can they block well enough to let Young run routes instead of stay in and block? Can they open holes this year instead of Young having to make plays out of nothing?

1 hour ago, Pack13 said:

They have weak hips. There is no pop off the line. Size is for sure there. But they played weak and soft last year. 

They need a coach like a Rex Hadnot type that actually played NFL or had success as a OL guy in college.

3 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

They need a coach like a Rex Hadnot type that actually played NFL or had success as a OL guy in college.

I think that would be a great start for attitude and technique. There is plenty of improvement that group needs. Part of playing line is you just have to be mean. 

2 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

I think that would be a great start for attitude and technique. There is plenty of improvement that group needs. Part of playing line is you just have to be mean. 

Exactly ! Just need to get more aggressive and physical on that side of the ball. They have the size!