2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Just now, Lennie said:

Your exactly right on.

PurpleNation you have done your research l can tell you really know this group.. can't wait for the season .. kids seem to be motivated and in good spirits.just pray that noone gets into trouble or injuries.hopefuly we can see a Rico Rose sighting in spring solidify the o line..let's go pack 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lennie said:

PurpleNation you have done your research l can tell you really know this group.. can't wait for the season .. kids seem to be motivated and in good spirits.just pray that noone gets into trouble or injuries.hopefuly we can see a Rico Rose sighting in spring solidify the o line..let's go pack 

I got a pretty good pulse on what is going on. They think 9-1 is on the table and I do too. I saw Gavin a few days ago and he is looking really good. 

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

I got a pretty good pulse on what is going on. They think 9-1 is on the table and I do too. I saw Gavin a few days ago and he is looking really good. 

Agreed big task if we can hold on to that monster by the name of Taylor we can give Longview a run.saw him at a track meet he is big and fast ! But we see the same caliber back on a day to day Mr. Kedrin Young.

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Agreed big task if we can hold on to that monster by the name of Taylor we can give Longview a run.saw him at a track meet he is big and fast ! But we see the same caliber back on a day to day Mr. Kedrin Young.

Young is bigger and faster than Tatum. So at least they will have seen that. How many guys are out injured right now?

1 hour ago, Pack13 said:

Young is bigger and faster than Tatum. So at least they will have seen that. How many guys are out injured right now?

Not sure Kevo is one that I've been told little  Hoop back mis track with foot injury think that's kevo problem too.not real sure Monroe the running back off JV not in spring yet hadn't heard anything about the younger Menifee kid can ball too.had injury freshman season sit out last season ought to be good too go 

4 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

His kid was running with the wrong kids

Been hearing a lot of this. Parents don’t discipline kids anymore. Let’em run wild. I know 3 volleyball kids a 2 softball kids whose parents are moving them next year due to being around the wrong crowd. Lufkin definitely has a lot of trouble makers but if kids wanna get into trouble they will find it anywhere. 

5 hours ago, Lennie said:

Not sure Kevo is one that I've been told little  Hoop back mis track with foot injury think that's kevo problem too.not real sure Monroe the running back off JV not in spring yet hadn't heard anything about the younger Menifee kid can ball too.had injury freshman season sit out last season ought to be good too go 

The younger Menefee I think will likely play JV. He was moved to LB. He has had some bad luck with injuries. 

5A Region II AREA Track Meet Results in Whitehouse Texas

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/509191/results/all

Lufkin Represented well over all, finishing 3rd overall and just ahead of Longview.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/509191/teamscores

Crazy to see the speed difference from 5a to 6a. The Duncanville district meet 10.7 was 8th place.  The top 3, 10.1, 10.25, 10.33, 4-7 all better. Lots of speed In that district. 

6 hours ago, pack98 said:

Crazy to see the speed difference from 5a to 6a. The Duncanville district meet 10.7 was 8th place.  The top 3, 10.1, 10.25, 10.33, 4-7 all better. Lots of speed In that district. 

At the one of the Whitehouse meets bout a month ago Omarion Scott ran a 10.8 and got 8th place I believe but I agree 6A speed is crazy

Word on the street is the Varsity has new D-Line coach (no name). Also Cook has applied for another possible position in the school district. Much the way Stafford was reassigned, he is now teaching at the HS.

If there are any other coaching changes, promotions or demotions, we are not aware of them at this time. 

3 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

5A FB Marshall 4x1 ran 39.80 nearly breaking the national record.

Would be a great race at the state meet if they could race. Duncanville ran a 40.61 3 weeks ago at the Texas relays without their fastest person. IMG had the number 1 time in the nation and beat them with a 40.11

FB now had the fastest time. Last year Ville won state with a  39.98 5-A Manor ran a 40.52

Overall 100 last year Thompson from a 3a school ran a 10.24 would have finished 3rd overall in all classifications. Found that interesting. Besides 1A. The track times are close for the most part.  The 1A champ had a 10.95. 

https://tx.milesplit.com/meets/481786-uil-state-track-and-field-meet-2022/results#.ZEdw2qTMIWM

5 hours ago, Pack13 said:

Whoever was the most recent that just stepped down a couple weeks ago. 

Luke Goode has been there 3 seasons as HC. The job was posted as open and Elkhart ISD accepting applications on April 5th. Goode is from Lone Oak, he was HC there, and offensive coordinator at Mesquite Poteet before taking the job at Elkhart. He also previously coach in Lufkin. He graduated from SFA.

8 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Incoming sophomore JjJ taking reps at QB .looks confident in his position.time will tell good athlete with a legitimate arm once he gains confidence going to be a baller

What is his full name?