2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, PackMan16 said:

Has everyone heard about any staff moves or are we bringing back all the same coaches from last year? 

There are not any staff moves that we are aware happening. If there are any, they would probably happen after the current school year.

Did anyone go to track meet in nacogdoches

On 2/23/2023 at 8:19 AM, PurpleNation said:

Mt pleasant beat Forney earlier in the year 59-50 I believe. Lufkin played Forney last year in the playoffs and won by 18. I also watched Red Oak vs Mt Pleasant from earlier in the year and it was a good game. Mt Pleasant is a really good team. They kind of play like Lufkin. Great ball movement maybe even a little better. They like to set up plays in the half-court. Friday should be a good night of basketball.

This has been a strange time for me, usually I'm putting together future expectations for 2023. You probably notice that hasn't happened.  We all know there are several highly touted guys coming back, we have been reminded of the addition of the JV group, the remains of the undefeated 2021 Freshman group, who had 6 shutouts, so many have anticipated these kids coming to the Varsity.

I have taken the wait and see approach for various reasons, realizing the potential of this talent. Also may need more input from those in the know who know these kids and the positions where they will contribute. 

We are roughly 7 weeks from Spring work outs and 6 months from finding out what the team will look like for 2023. I'm fully convinced better days are ahead, just how much is the wait and see for me, and probably lots of other folks.

Just now, Lennie said:

I think we will have one of the best defense in our district Mr.Zion and company and I think that's coach Quick specialty . What say panther nation?

Kevo running on sprint relay Friday in Longview. I'm thinking 41 or lower can't wait too excited my boys are now varsity contributors the Pack is Back....

7 hours ago, Lennie said:

Kevo running on sprint relay Friday in Longview. I'm thinking 41 or lower can't wait too excited my boys are now varsity contributors the Pack is Back....

I doubt they can cub sub 41. Kevo ran 11.04 or something like that last week. They need multiple sub 11 guys and Kevo and Kedren probably can but the other 2 won't get close enough imo

49 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

No reason it should have pulled. Much less in the off-season. I’ve been saying it for a while. Something is off with their S&C

My oldest kid hurt his hamstring during track practice. This happens all the time in athletes like this. Not sure it has anything to do with the off season program. My kid down here says it's pretty tough.

12 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

My oldest kid hurt his hamstring during track practice. This happens all the time in athletes like this. Not sure it has anything to do with the off season program. My kid down here says it's pretty tough.

I’d disagree with that if practice and S&C are run correctly. Hamstrings aren’t hard to bullet proof. But I know this board isn’t ready for those talks. 

2 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

I’d disagree with that if practice and S&C are run correctly. Hamstrings aren’t hard to bullet proof. But I know this board isn’t ready for those talks. 

What I'm saying is Kedren is such a high caliber athlete that it happens. Hamstring is a funny injury. My son is doing the same off season workouts. His hamstring is just fine not because he is more conditioned then Young but because he can't generate near the force running that Kedren can. I'm not ready to blame the off season program for not being good enough. 

Just now, PurpleNation said:

Yeah because going sub 41 would put you in the 6A state finals. Lufkin would need a 10.3 kid and other sub 11 kids to run a time like that. Maybe they could go 41. Something (FAT) but it's gonna be tough. 

Yea I agree if they do a sub 41 I’d be very impressed 

14 minutes ago, Jack Walker said:

Yea I agree if they do a sub 41 I’d be very impressed 

Denton Ryan won state last year with a 40.52 I believe. 10th place was 42.02. Longview finished 5th with a 41.5. Lufkin ran 42.48(Without Young) in Nac last week. The question is how much can they trim from that time.