2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, PurpleNation said:

They're in the same district as NS. They have had some good teams these last couple of years. Not sure if they will have much for DeSoto.

On 12/10/2023 at 7:11 AM, PurpleNation said:

They're in the same district as NS. They have had some good teams these last couple of years. Not sure if they will have much for DeSoto.

Summer Creek has been pretty good the last two season they lost to Katy last year in the regional finals , there head came from Port Authur Memorial and he took them the state semifinals and lost to Steel . Summer is in the Humble ISD it is a lot of talent in that area 

Timpson is an amazing team. Saw them at ABE earlier in the playoffs.

Talented team, well coached too. They know how and where to play their talent. They have done the same the last 4 years.  I'm jealous cause we don't have the coaching here to do that. 

Boy, if we had a Bussey type at QB. Well, the OC the same, NVM!

10 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Talented team, well coached too. They know how and where to play their talent. They have done the same the last 4 years.  I'm jealous cause we don't have the coaching here to do that. 

So you think A&M will play him at QB ? He has to be a part of the offense in some manor.

10 hours ago, LPPACK said:

Think they could beat Lufkin!

It's like i have always believe , that if all you have is a running game ,good defenses will find way to slow or shut it down. Timpson  is one of a rare  2A program that on offense that can run and throw. Tolar got behind early and could not throw and had no passing game to match Timpson

7 minutes ago, Packfan49 said:

So you think A&M will play him at QB ? He has to be a part of the offense in some manor.

They signed him as an athlete. He is a great QB, maybe better RB or WR. Type of player can be used all over the field. Wish he had selected another school to play, not to get caught up in the wash of player talent at A&M.  The guy would be a star at SFA, or better suited for maybe Baylor or TCU.

The kid was surrounded by skilled talent at Timpson. All he had to have was a decent OC who knew how to put thise players in the best positions to be successful and use them properly to win games. What a fantastic four year run of winning for Timpson. I should have been a Timpson Bear fan these past 4 years. My loss.

11 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I'm always on the fence about small town players like that. Remember Rashad Paul from Bremond was a similar 2A player that went to A&M that went 47-0 in HS with 3 state championships and eventually transferred to Arkansas St. They're always the best player on the field in HS and when they get to college you ask them to play a position that they've never played. He's going to have to learn to run routes properly. He's obviously a good football player but we really don't know how good of a WR he will be in college. I know this is going to be an unpopular take. 

On 12/12/2023 at 11:11 PM, PackAttack said:

Young never played a single playoff game in Lufkin. There will not be another RB like him here for another decade. What a shame.

Maybe even longer then that. I can only think of 2 other RBs that caliber that played at Lufkin in my lifetime. Denvis Manns and Jorvorskie Lane. Bonafide NFL caliber backs.

47 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I'm always on the fence about small town players like that. Remember Rashad Paul from Bremond was a similar 2A player that went to A&M that went 47-0 in HS with 3 state championships and eventually transferred to Arkansas St. They're always the best player on the field in HS and when they get to college you ask them to play a position that they've never played. He's going to have to learn to run routes properly. He's obviously a good football player but we really don't know how good of a WR he will be in college. I know this is going to be an unpopular take. 

Yep.

2 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

1,000 % 

3 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Your correct. Can't name the last 2A or 3A big name player who made it big at the P5 level right away.  Last I remember was Colt McCoy, Patrick Mahomes or Rodney Thomas.

By the way Thomas passed away at 41 in 2014 of a heart attack.

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Your correct. Can't name the last 2A or 3A big name player who made it big at the P5 level right away.  Last I remember was Colt McCoy, Patrick Mahomes or Rodney Thomas.

By the way Thomas passed away at 41 in 2014 of a heart attack.

Johnathan Brooks at Texas this year is a good example but he played RB in HS. Same with Colt McCoy he played QB. Bussey is going to be asked to play WR. It's going to be a major learning curve. Small school players have proven they can make it. I just don't like it when they get to college and they have to play a foreign position. 

3 hours ago, mr. b said:

Bussey will probably play defensive back.   A&M new defensive back coach was there watching him last night.   Sounds like he may be wavering some on the ags.  LSU defensive back coach was also there watching him last night.  

I think he translates much better on that side of the ball. He probably could be a pretty good CB. 

5 hours ago, mr. b said:

Bussey will probably play defensive back.   A&M new defensive back coach was there watching him last night.   Sounds like he may be wavering some on the ags.  LSU defensive back coach was also there watching him last night.  

He had a A&M sticker on his head gear, and I think the family he lives with are Aggies, but you never know