2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, wolfpack4life said:

Not really.

We tend to do better in the highest classification, for whatever reason. 

5AD1 are the ones that'll have to deal with Aledo, HP, Desoto....good luck.

Have to agree with this. Lufkin has done nothing the years we have been in 4A/5A. Our last playoff run was in 6A..

59 minutes ago, wolfpack4life said:

Not really.

We tend to do better in the highest classification, for whatever reason. 

5AD1 are the ones that'll have to deal with Aledo, HP, Desoto....good luck.

Well good luck with the like's of Duncanville's, Westlake's, Northshore's, Southlake's  etc's. You found out just how hard it is to win it all this. And had Longview winning it all this year

As most of you have probably read.  Aledo smoked Forney tonight 43-7 bringing an end to a really fantastic run for the Jackrabbits, and a very good run for District 7-5A DI.  A district where their own teams knocked each other out of the playoffs. I really believed this would be a great game between these two teams.  A little scary how good a youthful Aledo is this year.  They certainly know how to build a winning football program.

Good to see Timpson win 35-21 over Ganado Thursday night to make to State after making the semi finals 4 years in a row.

Chapel Hill punched their ticket to State winning 56-33 over San Antonio Davenport.

Another East Texas school headed to State was Gilmer defeating Glen Rose 79-42 in a high scoring game. 

9 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

As most of you have probably read.  Aledo smoked Forney tonight 43-7 bringing an end to a really fantastic run for the Jackrabbits, and a very good run for District 7-5A DI.  A district where their own teams knocked each other out of the playoffs. I really believed this would be a great game between these two teams.  A little scary how good a youthful Aledo is this year.  They certainly know how to build a winning football program.

Good to see Timpson win 35-21 over Ganado Thursday night to make to State after making the semi finals 4 years in a row.

Chapel Hill punched their ticket to State winning 56-33 over San Antonio Davenport.

Another East Texas school headed to State was Gilmer defeating Glen Rose 79-42 in a high scoring game. 

I forgot all about the Aledo vs Forney game. Watched the highlights of that game..Aledo looks explosive and physical as ever. Lufkin is a long way from being on that level. I like Aledo Qb. Looks like he as some size to him and can move. 

I don't believe Lufkin is on any level as a football program right now.  Can't think about playoffs anymore cause we don't make it there anymore. We are so far away from anything resembling an Aledo program. We don't have the coaching or ability to win any Championship even at the 5A DII or 4A DI level right now. bet $100 dollars on it.  Watching these playoffs make me see our deficiencies here more clearly. However, inside the district no one can see them.

39 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I don't believe Lufkin is on any level as a football program right now.  Can't think about playoffs anymore cause we don't make it there anymore. We are so far away from anything resembling an Aledo program. We don't have the coaching or ability to win any Championship even at the 5A DII or 4A DI level right now. bet $100 dollars on it.  Watching these playoffs make me see our deficiencies here more clearly. However, inside the district no one can see them.

And the program has no direction. Hasn't had any in a while now. It just simply exists and continues down the same path every year. I want to believe things will be better next year. And I can see us being solid on defense. I just feel the end result will be the same. 

7 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Aledo was even younger last year when they won it lol

Had sophomores and juniors all over the field and basically returned their entire team this year. 

That's the thing...if you didn't get by Aledo last year...you weren't going to do it afterwards. We had them down 14-3 at half last year before we decided to go ultra conservative in the 2nd half. Just like the Lancaster game this year. 

Aledo HC is in his 1st year as HC this year. Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how many years of coaching you have under your belt....you either got it or you don't.

Quick and yes, even Coach King at Longview can learn a lot from Aledo's HC on how to manage a roster. 

Aledo set the ground work for how the program operates 20 years ago. Everything they do is tried and true. The advance with the times. They start developing the athletes in the 6th grade. All the youth programs run the same offense and defense as the high school. There is no guessing. They know exactly what they are doing 

10 hours ago, wolfpack4life said:

Aledo was even younger last year when they won it lol

Had sophomores and juniors all over the field and basically returned their entire team this year. 

That's the thing...if you didn't get by Aledo last year...you weren't going to do it afterwards. We had them down 14-3 at half last year before we decided to go ultra conservative in the 2nd half. Just like the Lancaster game this year. 

Aledo HC is in his 1st year as HC this year. Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how many years of coaching you have under your belt....you either got it or you don't.

Quick and yes, even Coach King at Longview can learn a lot from Aledo's HC on how to manage a roster. 

Quick and King are veteran coaches that won't change much the way they do things. Both have been running the same type programs for years. King is just better at it than Quick

LUFKIN HIGH SCHOOL RUNNING BACK KEDREN YOUNG HONORED AS A 2024 ALL-AMERICAN

Running back Kedren Young (Lufkin, Texas/ Lufkin High School), the University of Notre Dame commit, will be officially honored tomorrow as a 2024 All-American during a virtual jersey presentation as part of the Road to the Dome digital series. 

The episode will be released tomorrow night at 8 p.m. ET on the All-American Bowl social platforms.  

The Road to the Dome Tour will honor all 100 All-Americans with virtual jersey presentations during an 8-week series that will be released weekly through various digital and social platforms across NBC Sports. 

Having been selected to play in the twenty-fourth edition of the All-American Bowl, Young will play in the annual East vs. West matchup inside the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The 2024 All-American Bowl on January 6, 2024, from inside the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, will be presented live on NBC and Peacock. 

635b44878e639.image.jpg