2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lufkin will never have that edge of a contender again until there's a totally new staff here. Sorry to say that about Quick and,staff, they have had their chance to prove themselves. Lufkin is a long way from playing like any of these teams in these finals.

1 hour ago, Jackedup said:

Just a tidbit #18 Finley for Aledo is Jorvorskie’s nephew , Jermichael Finleys son.. has multiple D1 offers as a sophomore 

To add, #6 CB Chris Johnson is a Longview native. His mom is a Lobo alum.

Aledo don't have very many kids that are natives there. Ton of kids that moved in sometime in between their 6th grade years to now.

Heck, the player of the game Hawk Patrick-Daniels came from Ft.Worth Brewer.

Aledo's 12 State Titles will never be equaled. Probably an excellent chance for #13 next year. 

Can't even think in that realm here in Lufkin, might as well be on the Moon, we are so far from that level. On top of Aledo, you have Highland Park and DeSoto to deal with the next two years. 

3 hours ago, Jackedup said:

Just a tidbit #18 Finley for Aledo is Jorvorskie’s nephew , Jermichael Finleys son.. has multiple D1 offers as a sophomore 

That makes sense. We don't get many kids back here in Lufkin from former players often today, we do,  but it's rare.

It's just a totally different game then when Lufkin was running things. The metroplex areas are booming and it's easier now then ever to stack teams. The UIL just sits back and allows it. It doesn't matter who your coach is or calling the plays if you're completely out gunned. Nick Saban said it best. Sometimes it's not the play call it's the guy you have running the plays. 

3 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

For what it's worth I would take the Anna coach if I had to pick from the coaches I've seen so far from the state championships. What he did with Anna is more impressive then what Aledo coach is doing. Anyone with half a brain could of won state with Aledo talent. 

My hope is someone like a Anna coach are hired here when Quick finally steps aside. Do not promote from within with the same culture that has got this program no where the past 6 years. If that happens, you guys would never hear from me again, and my presence at a Lufkin football game would be ended, as would several hundred other folks. I'm tired of losing and watching under achieving football here. Not going to waste my money watching it. In respect to Purple Nation, I'm giving them one more season to do something substantial. 

10 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

My hope is someone like a Anna coach are hired here when Quick finally steps aside. Do not promote from within with the same culture that has got this program no where the past 6 years. If that happens, you guys would never hear from me again, and my presence at a Lufkin football game would be ended, as would several hundred other folks. I'm tired of losing and watching under achieving football here. Not going to waste my money watching it. In respect to Purple Nation, I'm giving them one more season to do something substantial. 

I definitely think they next hire needs to come from someone on the outside that's a proven winner. 

Just looking at PNG and SOC, there is no way Lufkin coaching can compare to either school in 5A DII.  

What a game, what tenacity by PNG to hang in there, make the plays down the stretch, the FG kicker was phenomenal, and he made it possible to hang in there long enough to win a title. SOC is stacked, big and fast.  Wow.

Two great squads against each other in the biggest game of the year for both.  What a game, just what you want in a title game.

4 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Just looking at PNG and SOC, there is no way Lufkin coaching can compare to either school in 5A DII.  

What a game, what tenacity by PNG to hang in there, make the plays down the stretch, the FG kicker was phenomenal, and he made it possible to hang in there long enough to win a title. SOC is stacked, big and fast.  Wow.

Two great squads against each other in the biggest game of the year for both.  What a game, just what you want in a title game.

I thought SOC coaching was horrible. Particularly on offense. They should have fed the RB. The QB was killing them. Thought SOC got hosed on the Pi call but a still image from the back showed it was indeed a good call 

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

Desoto coming to 5A is criminal. Might as well just give them the title for the next 2 years and save everybody’s time. Smh. 

Yep. There is discussion they may opt up to play 6A. They have no competition in 5A DI.  Mathis running up score with starters still playing bothers me a lot. Heck with setting a record.

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

Desoto coming to 5A is criminal. Might as well just give them the title for the next 2 years and save everybody’s time. Smh. 

They got subs in and still trashing  Summer Creek. I thought I seen a lot of speed in that Timpson game ,but man Desoto  should be against law . There can't be many teams nation wide that could compete with how they are playing

10 hours ago, Packfan49 said:

They got subs in and still trashing  Summer Creek. I thought I seen a lot of speed in that Timpson game ,but man Desoto  should be against law . There can't be many teams nation wide that could compete with how they are playing

The whole thing just reminds me how far the Lufkin program has fallen, how we no longer are a viable part of Texas HS football. It's been a great example of watching a great football program crumble down over the past 12 years to 5-5 in 2023, and 3 straight years of zero playoffs.

Congratulations to all the State Champions for 2023. Cherish this time, because you could be where we are in Lufkin today. 

Desoto is the best HS football team in Texas, followed by Duncanville. Aledo and GP Northshore are next in line.