2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Chadalac05 said:

On a positive note. Our defense has been lights out in the playoffs for 3 years. Nobody is scoring on that unit in bi-district play

Yep, Quick says, "You got that right".

18 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

If anyone has a DCTF sub can you please post the rumored district. He said they had them up earlier.

They have nothing posted on their site right now. Looked everywhere.

The Division Break for 5A D1/D2 will go down to about 1860!

6A has 248 schools at 2265+! At least 3 & possibly 9 Opt ups could also expand the number of Teams!

Stunning Re-Alignment News! The 4ADI/DII cutoff will be 110 higher than 2 years ago! That means 4ADI will start at 990!  More later.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:36 PM, PackAttack said:

The Division Break for 5A D1/D2 will go down to about 1860!

6A has 248 schools at 2265+! At least 3 & possibly 9 Opt ups could also expand the number of Teams!

Stunning Re-Alignment News! The 4ADI/DII cutoff will be 110 higher than 2 years ago! That means 4ADI will start at 990!  More later.

Wish it was 1830 so Texas High could move up...lmao.

They are the Longview of our district.

Lancaster made the best half time adjustments in the 2nd half to beat a short handed Lobo team 27-24. They really missed Tatum.  Then again Lancaster ran for 250 yards on the Lobos defense. 

Great game between Longview and Lancaster. I tip my hat to both squads. Longview played well enough to win against a hot Lancaster team. And didn't come out discombobulated, like another team I know would've, after losing their star Rb last week. They stayed the course, played good defense most of the night and stuck to the running game. Horrible turnover and inability to score in second half did them. Tough loss for the Lobos. 

Have to give Lancaster their props. Those kids and coaches could've hung it up after some tough losses and losing their stud CB for the year. They could've easily lost and been sitting at home, had Lufkin pulled out the upset. But they didn't and rode that momentum right into the playoffs. And will now get rewarded with an opportunity to avenge a 1 point loss to Forney.

Being resilient is something good teams do. Hats off to both programs. 

Here we go into the 2023 5A DI Region Final and guess what?  We have two 7-5A DI teams Lancaster and Forney playing for the title.   This district was as good as advertised. Still doesn't make it any better that we finished in 6th place again we were competitive all the district games except the Longview game. better offensive play calling  would probably got us in the dance. it wasn't to be. 

1 minute ago, Packfan49 said:

I was watching that LV game and quit at the half, thinking Lancaster was done. Man I was shocked to see the final. Coach King and the LV team had a good season, but they see just how hard it is too  win it 

I really think Lancaster size started bothering Longview D Line the second half 

11 minutes ago, Packfan49 said:

I was watching that LV game and quit at the half, thinking Lancaster was done. Man I was shocked to see the final. Coach King and the LV team had a good season, but they see just how hard it is too  win it all.

I think they have pretty good idea how hard it is. They have made several runs and came up short. Before finally breaking through a few years ago. I believe they played Lake Travis consecutive year in the state title game in the old 4A classification. Never easy to win a state title in Tx at any level. One reason I have so much respect for the teams that have won multiple titles. It's a hard hill to climb, you gonna have to beat some really good teams to get there.

9 hours ago, timeout! said:

I think they have pretty good idea how hard it is. They have made several runs and came up short. Before finally breaking through a few years ago. I believe they played Lake Travis consecutive year in the state title game in the old 4A classification. Never easy to win a state title in Tx at any level. One reason I have so much respect for the teams that have won multiple titles. It's a hard hill to climb, you gonna have to beat some really good teams to get there.

Tatum being out was a blow to the offense , but the first half it did not seem to slow them down. Got to give Lancaster credit for making the adjustments and shutting LV down, goes to good coaching on their half.LV has relied on their run game and defense all year,because the passing game was mediocre at best.