• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

All 7-5A DI teams won tonight .  

Longview over Reedy 52-14

Lancaster over Wakeland 35-13

Forney over Lone Star 26-24

So, we have Longview and Lancaster next week, Forney will play the winner of Barbers Hill or Richland.  All tied up 41-41 this one is going into overtime.

Consolidated held on knocked off #3 Fulsear 31-19

Huntsville also won big over Austin LBJ

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

Consolidated held on knocked off #3 Fulsear 31-19

Huntsville also won big over Austin LBJ

Teams get better as the years progresses, Lufkin does not get better.

28 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Seeing those teams advance, is more of an indictment on Lufkin staff in my opinion. We played all them close except Longview. Lufkin coaches didn't come close to unlocking this years team full potential. I get sick to my stomach thinking about how good we could be under a competent staff.  All we got was another wasted year of some exceptional talent. 

Watching several of these games tonight back and forth.  I definitely saw where we lacked the most on offense and will not discuss that here. Season is over, so we move on.  Next year will be better, can't speak for the OL or the OC. .  As far as Green, most of these OC I'm watching tonight from Ryan, Abilene, Forney, Richland, Longview, there is just no comparison here in Lufkin.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Some Longview fans on smokey were saying he has an upper body injury. Tough way to go out your SR season.

I watched the game. Tatum hurt his shoulder or something on a run, he just ran off the field before half. Trainers were looking at him, couldn't tell.  Just know he didn't play the 2nd half. However, Longview has two capable back ups that work well in their system.  The Lobos didn't miss a beat when Tatum went out.

51 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I watched the game. Tatum hurt his shoulder or something on a run, he just ran off the field before half. Trainers were looking at him, couldn't tell.  Just know he didn't play the 2nd half. However, Longview has two capable back ups that work well in their system.  The Lobos didn't miss a beat when Tatum went out.

Not against Reedy but with Lancaster and possibly Forney looming again they might. Any chance of them beating Aledo may have just went out the window if Tatum can't go. I hope it's just preliminary why they held him out. 

6 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Not against Reedy but with Lancaster and possibly Forney looming again they might. Any chance of them beating Aledo may have just went out the window if Tatum can't go. I hope it's just preliminary why they held him out. 

Either that Frisco district isn't quite as strong as they were 3 or 4 years ago or 7-5A DI was exceptionally strong this season. May turn out to be the strongest district in all of 5A football.

11 hours ago, LTown said:

I was told that Tatum got hurt tonight and was in a Sling after the game 

Well he wasn't in a sling after the game cause he was at the hospital the entire second half lol.

I'll take anything that'll keep him in a cast and able to play however.

Those Reedy boys were going out of their way to try and take him out of the game, but of course it's the one that is as innocent as can be that would hurt him.

We'll see what happens next week with him though.

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Well he wasn't in a sling after the game cause he was at the hospital the entire second half lol.

Those Reedy boys were going out of their way to try and take him out of the game, but of course it's the one that is as innocent as can be that would hurt him.

I don't think you can ask him to play with a broken wrist. 

36 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

He out man 

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Yeah that's a 4-6 month recovery depending on the severity. My kid broke his wrist in 8th grade trying to brace a fall playing QB. That's a nasty injury. He may not be able to go through spring football at OU. 

I remember QB Jeremy Claybon in 2005 getting a fracture just above the right wrist, his non throwing hand. They would not let him play anymore, RBs get hit even more.  Tough call, you just hate it with the timing of these things. Lobos have great backups, I think it will be different, you'll find a way.

7 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

I believe with LV it's next man up. Tatum went out but they kept humming along. i know Aledo is good but LV  might be a hard team to beat