2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

12 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Going to be more of a lead blocker for Kedren. I think it can work if they get creative with him and move him around like a true H-Back.

Would  be nice to see him lead blocking and KY running behind the big fella... What a collision..bad for defense 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's when they put the pads on for practice. These guys have already been going through drills for weeks now. The coaches already know what they have and what they want in the fall. Spring practice is just for getting in reps and competing for whatever spots are considered still up for grabs.

My main interest is the O-Line and want to see how T J looks with the OL and WR.

IMO our offensive success in 2023 depends on the OL play.

Zion williams 6‘4“ 317 is a Premier DT from Lufkin, TX. Super impressive 2025 prospect. Will be a national recruit. 4*+ with exceptional movement skills, good get off and superior strength. Dominates the middle of the line. Shows all American talent.

BOYS TRACK DISTRICT CHAMPS
The Lufkin Panthers and Lady Panthers both had strong performances in the District 16-5A track meet, including wins in both 4x400 relays at the end. The boys won several races down the stretch to clinch the overall district championship. 
#CelebrateLufkinISD
(Photo by ANDY ADAMS/Lufkin ISD)

FB_IMG_1681436730247.jpg

11 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Well, that's when they put the pads on for practice. These guys have already been going through drills for weeks now. The coaches already know what they have and what they want in the fall. Spring practice is just for getting in reps and competing for whatever spots are considered still up for grabs.

My main interest is the O-Line and want to see how T J looks with the OL and WR.

IMO our offensive success in 2023 depends on the OL play.

Agree with O line big time. If we can get decent play out of them I think the offense will be difficult to contain. If Young progresses like he did last year he might win offensive MVP. Need to see more deep passing game to keep the safeties back. 

Defensively I look forward to seeing Zion get more snaps and hopefully take away the middle of the line. 

39 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

BOYS TRACK DISTRICT CHAMPS
The Lufkin Panthers and Lady Panthers both had strong performances in the District 16-5A track meet, including wins in both 4x400 relays at the end. The boys won several races down the stretch to clinch the overall district championship. 
#CelebrateLufkinISD
(Photo by ANDY ADAMS/Lufkin ISD)

FB_IMG_1681436730247.jpg

This I like to see. On to area

15 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Man, all of this to go 6-4 and miss the playoffs is gonna be 🔥🔥 🤣

🤕😵😵‍💫😳 Too much talent to do that this season. We have been waiting for this group a couple years now.

10 hours ago, Jack Walker said:

Go on another forum page with this 

At least wait until the season and see what they look like. It's April 😂

But just to be clear I am on record that they will not only make the playoffs but they will finish 2nd behind Longview. They're for sure beating Forney and McKinney North. Lancaster could go either way but they should win it. They got a good team and I think people are going to be surprised on just how good they're gonna be.

18 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

At least wait until the season and see what they look like. It's April 😂

But just to be clear I am on record that they will not only make the playoffs but they will finish 2nd behind Longview. They're for sure beating Forney and McKinney North. Lancaster could go either way but they should win it. They got a good team and I think people are going to be surprised on just how good they're gonna be.

As long as Young is healthy the offense will be difficult to stop by any team outside Longview in this district. That being said a couple round run could be possible. I don’t think any first round match up can play with Lufkin. 

2 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

As long as Young is healthy the offense will be difficult to stop by any team outside Longview in this district. That being said a couple round run could be possible. I don’t think any first round match up can play with Lufkin. 

I agree. Lufkin can get to the 2nd or 3rd round before I think they run into some trouble. I also don't think Longview is going to overwhelm them like last season.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

I agree. Lufkin can get to the 2nd or 3rd round before I think they run into some trouble. I also don't think Longview is going to overwhelm them like last season.

I don’t think Longview will either. On offense young will be unstoppable. Defensively they’ve shifted to an odd front. Zion will be a match up nightmare for every Center we face. That’s going to wreck a lot of game plans. 

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Just looking at the schedule. You get Forney and McKinney North at Abe this year. Lufkin should win those games. Longview and Lancaster on the road will be tough. I think the floor is 7-3 and the ceiling is 9-1 for the regular season. 

Tough district layout again. Not sure how to rate teams outside of Longview and Tyler. Forney was young last year. Lancaster surprised me, but tough games at Lancaster and Longview.  How would you rate NM and WM. New coach at Tyler?  Will Longview be better than last season?

I don't like to guess possible records, I'm hardly right. Last season I thought 7-3, we were better than the 6-4 record, team just could not finish well in a couple games.

Who are some of the underclassmen from the  2022 JV or Freshman teams to watch for on Varsity?

28 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Tough district layout again. Not sure how to rate teams outside of Longview and Tyler. Forney was young last year. Lancaster surprised me, but tough games at Lancaster and Longview.  How would you rate NM and WM. New coach at Tyler?  Will Longview be better than last season?

I don't like to guess possible records, I'm hardly right. Last season I thought 7-3, we were better than the 6-4 record, team just could not finish well in a couple games.

Who are some of the underclassmen from the  2022 JV or Freshman teams to watch for on Varsity?

I’d say Hood, maybe the freshman set of brothers and if you think the freshman QB has a chance at starting over TJ I’d say him too