2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

6 hours ago, PackAttack said:

It wouldn't matter to me so much where we end up if I were not still attending games. Have been pretty disappointed a long time in the program's lack of success, especially the past three seasons. PurpleNation has me hanging on one more year, despite my worn out confidence in the current program leadership. 

Look just trust me. If not 24 or 25. Then maybe 26 or 27. Possibly 28-30! My track record is impeccable. A modern day Carnac The Magnificent if you will!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Chadalac05 said:

Look just trust me. If not 24 or 25. Then maybe 26 or 27. Possibly 28-30! My track record is impeccable. A modern day Carnac The Magnificent if you will!

Well, your in a 22 year drought, and I'm trusting almost no one these days. I'm not going in expecting anything next year, there's nothing been done the last three years to prove anything different will happen. It's been all smoke and no fire.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Have faith lol

You gotta remember these are probably the same people that put us in this district with Ft Worth teams. Craziness. Driving through the dfw on a Thursday and Friday night from east Texas…..especially when people are getting off work too. They must hate us lol 

23 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Well, your in a 22 year drought, and I'm trusting almost no one these days. I'm not going in expecting anything next year, there's nothing been done the last three years to prove anything different will happen. It's been all smoke and no fire.

I told you to block him years ago PA. It’s too late now. He already put the curse on us. 

Hey does LP have a DT getting recruited by my Razorbacks?? 

13 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Probably Zion Williams 6-4,310

That's him. Man he's a beast. 

36 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

He’s going to my Tigers or Austin. 

Wouldn't surprise me. Notre Dame not on him too?

6 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Get in line behind Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and LSU. Texas was leading but with Bo Davis now in Baton Rouge and LSU being his dream school. I think he ends up in the bayou. 

I forgot Davis moved over to LSU. 

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I'd be shocked if they don't have a really good season. This is the group of kids that we coached in little league. They've done nothing but win at every level. They have a togetherness about them that is special. Kind of reminds me of my SR season. Most importantly they're putting in the work. 

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

You gotta remember these are probably the same people that put us in this district with Ft Worth teams. Craziness. Driving through the dfw on a Thursday and Friday night from east Texas…..especially when people are getting off work too. They must hate us lol 

Just believe 007 lol

42 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Get in line behind Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and LSU. Texas was leading but with Bo Davis now in Baton Rouge and LSU being his dream school. I think he ends up in the bayou. 

If we get him…..goodness. We already have the number one class for 2025. 

I'd be shocked if they don't have a really good season. This is the group of kids that we coached in little league. They've done nothing but win at every level. They have a togetherness about them that is special. Kind of reminds me of my SR season. Most importantly they're putting in the work. 

I do hope you are right. Just can’t drink the koolaid. 

PN, it's never been about the kids or the talent with me, or the togetherness of the kids.  You know where my disapproval is centered. Have zero confidence in our OC and OLC philosophy. 

9 hours ago, Pack13 said:

I do hope you are right. Just can’t drink the koolaid. 

I typically wouldn't buy in but I know what they have. To many returning starters and SRs. I'm not here to say they're about to go on a 10 year run of dominance but they should definitely pretty dang good next season. That I know.

If our staff could put a full season together of effort and care the way they did in that Lancaster game this past season, I believe we would be just fine. There was something different that night. The staff actually wanted that game. With better QB play, we win that thing by 2 scores. 

On 2/4/2024 at 10:46 PM, PackAttack said:

PN, it's never been about the kids or the talent with me, or the togetherness of the kids.  You know where my disapproval is centered. Have zero confidence in our OC and OLC philosophy. 

Bingo! 

I agree about the talent on defense. But I feel like we are a year behind. I think last year or the one before, should've been the breakthrough year for a few playoff wins. That experience from the extra games help carry over to the next year. You rarely see program go from a 3 year playoff drought to a run the first year back. Those things usually have a progression to them. Teams chip away at it, until they finally break through. I don't see Lufkin catching fire all of the sudden with the same staff and philosophies. The wild cards are Johnson at Qb and the O-line. Johnson could be special if he everything lines up for him this year. 

7 hours ago, timeout! said:

Bingo! 

I agree about the talent on defense. But I feel like we are a year behind. I think last year or the one before, should've been the breakthrough year for a few playoff wins. That experience from the extra games help carry over to the next year. You rarely see program go from a 3 year playoff drought to a run the first year back. Those things usually have a progression to them. Teams chip away at it, until they finally break through. I don't see Lufkin catching fire all of the sudden with the same staff and philosophies. The wild cards are Johnson at Qb and the O-line. Johnson could be special if he everything lines up for him this year. 

2 years ago that SR class just wasn't very good and last year outside of Kedren that SR class didn't offer much. This 25 class is by far the best we've had in a while. They already have 4 kids with D1 offers and another 2-3 that will likely get some D1 offers not including any kids from the 26 class. They will have somewhere between 16-17 starters coming back with a bunch of SRs.  Also Lufkin was in a brutal district. I don't think they were nearly as bad as the record indicated last year. Pushed Forney and Lancaster to the wire and they both went 4 and 5 rounds deep. I get the hesitation but I expect them to kick the door wide open this season no matter what district they put us in. Region 3 would be more advantageous but they will be able to compete with anyone in Region 2. This was always the year for me. The concern is the offensive line. I'm not worried about Johnson. He is going to make some plays with his feet that we haven't seen in a very long time. They're putting in work every weekend outside of school. As freshman they dominated like no other freshmen team in recent memory. I fully expect we will see that translate in the fall.

14 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

2 years ago that SR class just wasn't very good and last year outside of Kedren that SR class didn't offer much. This 25 class is by far the best we've had in a while. They already have 4 kids with D1 offers and another 2-3 that will likely get some D1 offers not including any kids from the 26 class. They will have somewhere between 16-17 starters coming back with a bunch of SRs.  Also Lufkin was in a brutal district. I don't think they were nearly as bad as the record indicated last year. Pushed Forney and Lancaster to the wire and they both went 4 and 5 rounds deep. I get the hesitation but I expect them to kick the door wide open this season no matter what district they put us in. Region 3 would be more advantageous but they will be able to compete with anyone in Region 2. This was always the year for me. The concern is the offensive line. I'm not worried about Johnson. He is going to make some plays with his feet that we haven't seen in a very long time. They're putting in work every weekend outside of school. As freshman they dominated like no other freshmen team in recent memory. I fully expect we will see that translate in the fall.

I truly believe every word you speak. Said this last year, if the coaching staff put those kids in the right positions and used them correctly, then we are good to go. My apologies, I suffer from huge trust issues with the offensive staff. Hope they can overcome this to be successful.