2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Coach Todd Quick's Realignment reaction:

He says no big deal. No appeal at all, this doesn't surprise me one bit. He doesn't care that fewer fans will make the trip. It's never about fans, it about we can get on a bus and go anywhere. That's on par to what we have heard from him a long time now. Playoffs????

By the way, it's an 8 team district with 7 district games.

Matt stepp just posted on twitter that he’s heard rumblings that we petition to be moved to 9-5A D1. Might not be true though…

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that is reassuring news, for the sake of all that long travel.  Not sure what would keep 9-5A DI from voting to let Lufkin into the mix.  I guess 11-5A DI is full?, except Crosby could leave for 9-5A DI and join rival Barbers Hill and Lufkin could slip into 11-5A DI.  I'm hard headed. LOL

District 9-5A DI is all okay by me if that happens. There are some definite advantage to be in 9-5A Region III.

Lufkin distance to 9-5A DI:

Angleton - 162 mi

Baytown Sterling - 136 mi

Beaumont United - 106 mi

Beaumont Westbrook - 106 mi

Galveston Ball - 168 mi

Barbers Hill - 123 mi

Port Arthur Memorial - 123 mi

Lufkin to: 11-5A DI

Crosby - 125 mi

Humble Kingwood Park - 100 mi

Friendswood - 150 mi

LaPorte - 138 mi

New Caney Porter - 90 mi

Pasadena - 130 mi

Houston Spring Woods - 130 mi

Ft Bend Kemper - 140 mi

From Matt Stepp:  Some quick thoughts on 5A-D1, Lufkin got a really bad deal, we've covered that....I'd switch Highland Park into 6-5A D1 and the Mesquite schools to 7-5A D1....other than that not a ton that looks wonky to me #txhsfb

24 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Well that won't be an issue. 😂

Seriously, does anyone know what the time table is for a decision?

All it takes is a quick 9-5A vote or a UIL decision. Should know something early next week. I don't see a reason it won't happen. We are probably not the only school who will be repositioned in a district.

9 hours ago, Pack13 said:

The problem with this is. If a team feels like Lufkin will take a playoff spot. They will most likely have a “no” vote 

We'll welcome yall in. 

22 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Since JT bowed out playing Longview, I'm sure Lufkin will take the easy path they always have done to stick with familiar foes. I'm sure Lufkin will play Legacy or AMC as their third or fourth game, depending on whether they stay in 7-5A or hopefully petition to move down South. If we move South, it could be Tyler High.

As of right now it is Seagoville DISD 

9-5A D1 apparently has voted to not allow Lufkin in (not a surprise)

Lufkin is likely going to take their appeal to the UIL #txhsfb @dctf from Matt Stepp

8 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin is likely going to take their appeal to the UIL #txhsfb @dctf from Matt Stepp

Not surprising. Galveston and Angleton didn’t want to travel to Lufkin. 

22 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Not a shock. I think Lufkin is easily top four in that district. I don’t think the same can be said for district 7. It’s going to be hard to find a new home unless the UIL says so, but they made these districts for a reason. 

Matt Stepp tryna take a shot at us with that Twitter post about teams that run away from the smoke must not feel good about their guys? Smh. This ain’t about competition. It’s about 4 hour trips ONE way on a Friday night. People that work for a living have to deal with this shyt just to watch their kids play or compete in band etc.. The UIL is trash and screwed us and forget anybody that thinks we are being complicated. This is what’s right. 

There is always 11-5A DI, not sure why that has not been considered.

No one wants to come to Lufkin to play. Stepp said himself that Lufkin got a bad deal with all the travel. The  smoke he is talking about is not in regards to Lufkin.

HP may appeal too, so we will see.

Just a waiting game at this point. KTRE just announcing appeal, which this morning changed a bit because 9-5A DI voted against allowing Lufkin in their district. Now awaiting UIL decision later in February.

Lufkin appealing UIL realignment in order to move to closer district https://www.ktre.com/2024/02/02/lufkin-appealing-uil-realignment-order-move-closer-district/

24 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Just a waiting game at this point. KTRE just announcing appeal, which this morning changed a bit because 9-5A DI voted against allowing Lufkin in their district. Now awaiting UIL decision later in February.

Lufkin appealing UIL realignment in order to move to closer district https://www.ktre.com/2024/02/02/lufkin-appealing-uil-realignment-order-move-closer-district/

I'm not worried about it. Once Lufkin makes the case it won't matter how they voted. Unless the UIL doesn't care about the kids. Lufkin is going to be 9-5A when it's all said and done. 

8 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I'm not worried about it. Once Lufkin makes the case it won't matter how they voted. Unless the UIL doesn't care about the kids. Lufkin is going to be 9-5A when it's all said and done. 

I hope we beat the brakes off of all of’em just for voting no lol