2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

The air got heavier today. Mr B you knew this didn't you?  Interesting to see how this ultimately turns out. Who stays and who goes??? I'm nervous.

Sorry, haven’t heard anything today.  Not sure if it’s the CFO resigning or the possibility of missing grant money that makes purple reign look small.  

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mr. b said:

Sorry, haven’t heard anything today.  Not sure if it’s the CFO resigning or the possibility of missing grant money that makes purple reign look small.  

SMH. I don't know a single thing, but some folks have gotten a scent of something stirring on the sports side of the river.

From Matt Stepp - DCTF:

Ranking the #UILRealignment appeals IMO who have the best chances of winning #txhsfb

1) Lufkin (best chance) 2) Victoria West 3) Angleton 4) Smithville 5) Houston Spring Woods 6) SA McCollum/SA Harlandale

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/02/19/seven-uil-texas-high-school-football-teams-to-appeal-their-district-alignment?ref=home_feature_article

SMH. I don't know a single thing, but some folks have gotten a scent of something stirring on the sports side of the river.

I heard multiple sports. 2025 may be unrecognizable lol but this ain’t the first time they’ve gotten these so called “scents” 

22 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Major shift in Lufkin football history. I don't think Lufkin has ever played in Region 3.

Never have been in Region III, good move for the program. I am certain the other sports will remain in Region II 10-5A.  This will be interesting even if it's for only 2 years.  No easier road as far as competition, still have two very good programs in  PAM and Barbers Hill to deal with now.  We still have Longview in non district and an improved Nacogdoches program.  Will be interesting to see who we play the other two games in non-district.

10 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Stepp said we are playing Tyler week 4 

Yea, keep it local and simple. Play Longview, Nacogdoches and JT (Tyler), the fourth could be interesting.

30 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Never have been in Region III, good move for the program. I am certain the other sports will remain in Region II 10-5A.  This will be interesting even if it's for only 2 years.  No easier road as far as competition, still have two very good programs in  PAM and Barbers Hill to deal with now.  We still have Longview in non district and an improved Nacogdoches program.  Will be interesting to see who we play the other two games in non-district.

Eh the district is by far easier due to the fact it’s only 2 good teams when the last district had 4 teams you could call good

Yeah Barbers Hill and PAM will be a good test. Galveston Ball has one of the best LB's in America. It's definitely an easier path overall but they will still have to beat some good teams in Region 3.

They didn't approve Victoria West going to the CC 14-5A DI district by a 4-3 vote which was a surprise.  Victoria West is much closer to CC than 13-5A DII and San Antonio and Kerrville.  Not a good decision for them IMO.

Still 2 hr 44 min (168.4 mi) to Galveston Ball depending on the traffic???    That is a stay over trip IMO, then head over to Kemah the next day for some good food.