2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

On 2/20/2024 at 11:55 AM, LufkinPack said:

👀

Abe Martin will again be a middle of the road stadium in the district although Stallworth Stadium in Baytown is older, they still have better fan access. Neither Stallworth or Galveston Ball stadium have a track around them. The Lufkin Admin keep talking talking talking about some type renovations, not to say there has not been a ton of nice things built and renovated all around the place the past couple of years. New state of the art PAC and Baseball/Softball Complex, brand new stadium ticket booths, new concrete driveways all around the stadium and new concrete parking lot by soccer stadium. However the stadium itself proper needs upgrades like new Press Box, concessions, dressing room and bathroom renovations which are exactly the same layout as they were built in 1973.  the turf is also in need of replacement and new LED lighting would save the district a ton of money in the future.  It's called forward thinking.   The same reason John Outlaw isims are still used all over the campus and sports programs.  That man was great for LHS sports, but he has also been passed away over 12 years ago now, it's time to move forward, not stay in that past.  That's where this district has remained in many respect. .

I know there are lots of other things to deal with right NOW, however maybe if those in charge had been more forward thinking, and took care of the financials properly, those stadium renovation could have happen closer to the same time the new PAC facility was built.  

I will soon make a list of all the nice stadiums in 9-5A DI. Personally I'm embarrassed a fan to see other schools come here climbing those stands trying to find space to operate in the small outdated Lufkin press box.  The unnecessary dangers of people having to climb a ladder to get in to do their work. There is no way an ADA person has access to the press box to work. Over the years I've seen a few slip and fall, and get caught by fans below them. Unsafe for our fans too. No hand rails on those steep stadium steps, I have no problem currently, I'm a little older but for some folks it's an adventure like climbing Pike's peak to get up there with no hand rails. I've seen some serious falls over the years, and on a couple occasions the person falling had hit their head and had to be taken away in an ambulance. I never saw either of them in their seats again. Not sure what happen to them.

I am so glad to be in 9-5A DI  also know better stadiums don't help someone win, but it is nice to keep up with the times and give a good appearance. Other districts with less seems to have nice football stadiums. Went to Rusk last night to watch Lufkin play, Rusk ISD has a very nice sports complex for a small school. We are not a destitute town, there are people here who have money to help. We are also a strange city in many respects too when it comes to spending money to keep up our sports facilities updated. It took decades to finally pass a bond to consolidate everything on the Lufkin High campus, it's can be like trying to drive a nail in a steel plate. I know, I've lived here most of my life. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2024 at 12:54 PM, PackAttack said:

Abe Martin will again be a middle f the road stadium in the district although Stallworth Stadium in Baytown is older, they still have better fan access. Neither Stallworth or Galveston Ball stadium have a track around them. The Lufkin Admin keep talking talking talking about some type renovations, not to say there has not been a ton of nice things built and renovated all around the place the past couple of years. New state of the art PAC and Baseball/Softball Complex, brand new stadium ticket booths, new concrete driveways all around the stadium and new concrete parking lot by soccer stadium. However the stadium itself proper needs upgrades like new Press Box, concessions, dressing room and bathroom renovations which are exactly the same layout as they were built in 1973.  the turf is also in need of replacement and new LED lighting would save the district a ton of money in the future.  It's called forward thinking.   The same reason John Outlaw isims are still used all over the campus and sports programs.  That man was great for LHS sports, but he has also been passed away over 12 years ago now, it's time to move forward, not stay in that past.  That's where this district has remained in many respect. .

I know there are lots of other things to deal with right NOW, however maybe if those in charge had been more forward thinking, and took care of the financials properly, those stadium renovation could have happen closer to the same time the new PAC facility was built.  

I will soon make a list of all the nice stadiums in 9-5A DI. Personally I'm embarrassed a fan to see other schools come here climbing those stands trying to find space to operate in the small outdated Lufkin press box.  The unnecessary dangers of people having to climb a ladder to get in to do their work. There is no way an ADA person has access to the press box to work. Over the years I've seen a few slip and fall, and get caught by fans below them. Unsafe for our fans too. No hand rails on those steep stadium steps, I have no problem currently, I'm a little older but for some folks it's an adventure like climbing Pike's peak to get up there with no hand rails. I've seen some serious falls over the years, and on a couple occasions the person falling had hit their head and had to be taken away in an ambulance. I never saw either of them in their seats again. Not sure what happen to them.

I am so glad to be in 9-5A DI  also know better stadiums don't help someone win, but it is nice to keep up with the times and give a good appearance. Other districts with less seems to have nice football stadiums. Went to Rusk last night to watch Lufkin play, Rusk ISD has a very nice sports complex for a small school. We are not a destitute town, there are people here who have money to help. We are also a strange city in many respects too when it comes to spending money to keep up our sports facilities updated. It took decades to finally pass a bond to consolidate everything on the Lufkin High campus, it's can be like trying to drive a nail in a steel plate. I know, I've lived here most of my life. 

There is a great need for rails for those steps, 

I'm old enough to remember when Lufkin dreaded the idea of being in a Beaumont district. Being in thrown into a Dallas district really changes your perspective on things. 

Does Port Author have a new stadium? I remember them charges us money for that busted up parking lot last time we played there. Had to be around 05 or 06 back when Dez was playing. Do look forward to playing them next season. Not on Longview level, but they have a good program going right now. Could be a decent rival the next couple of years. Does Westbrook have anything coming back? I remember playing a classic at ABE against them a while back. Thing both teams put up close to 70 points. lol

2 hours ago, timeout! said:

I'm old enough to remember when Lufkin dreaded the idea of being in a Beaumont district. Being in thrown into a Dallas district really changes your perspective on things. 

Does Port Author have a new stadium? I remember them charges us money for that busted up parking lot last time we played there. Had to be around 05 or 06 back when Dez was playing. Do look forward to playing them next season. Not on Longview level, but they have a good program going right now. Could be a decent rival the next couple of years. Does Westbrook have anything coming back? I remember playing a classic at ABE against them a while back. Thing both teams put up close to 70 points. lol

I posted a pic of their stadium above.

2 hours ago, timeout! said:

I don't think Westbrook or United will have much. I'm interested to see what Barbers Hill brings back.

Riders on the storm Riders on the storm Into this house, we're born Into this world, we're thrown Like a dog without a bone An actor out on loan Riders on the storm

Keep your eyes and ears open .......🏈

Well look at Carthage,just down the road.They have money,2-3 a/c buses and many other good items.Everyone says its "oil money". We dont have any money for modern revitlizations.Thank the paper mill,and Mr Glick at Lufkin Industries for all this.We have no revenue coming in,except small entities.So next time you say i wish,that burden goes to us,the tax payer.Yes i'm proud of the accomplishments we have endured.When you are top heavy [LISD],something gonna happen,you cut cut cut.Reduce spending meaning cutting the pork.If anyone needs a new field,the soccer field needs turf,they won the  last championship.Im not a hater,would like Lp to succeed in all sports,but building a solar park aint it.

5 hours ago, LPPACK said:

Well look at Carthage,just down the road.They have money,2-3 a/c buses and many other good items.Everyone says its "oil money". We dont have any money for modern revitlizations.Thank the paper mill,and Mr Glick at Lufkin Industries for all this.We have no revenue coming in,except small entities.So next time you say i wish,that burden goes to us,the tax payer.Yes i'm proud of the accomplishments we have endured.When you are top heavy [LISD],something gonna happen,you cut cut cut.Reduce spending meaning cutting the pork.If anyone needs a new field,the soccer field needs turf,they won the  last championship.Im not a hater,would like Lp to succeed in all sports,but building a solar park aint it.

Well, the Azalea Springs Solar Park is in Pollock Central ISD. We may not have LI, TF or TI as big and proud as they once were. Lockheed is here, the Medical jobs have tripled since the Outlaw days, GP is still in Diboll, Baker- Hughes is still making power transmissions and grinding gears in downtown Lufkin. No, it's not what it used to be but things can be accomplished. Top heavy? Your right, and I think a bunch of that is about to change between now and June.  To be honest, Lufkin Industries or Champion Paper did little corporate sponsoring to help Lufkin ISD build anything, even when they were running wide open. Paying their taxes, giving out a few scholarships and employing folks seem to be enough for them. You would figure someone like Brookshire Brothers, Loving Auto Group or St. Luke's would like stadium naming rights. HEB stadium or MCF Solar Stadium. 😉  ABE Martin is not paying a dime on that facility, he was only here 7 years (1936-1942), a record of (66-10). There are many possibilities if the right people in charge want it to happen.

1 hour ago, LPPACK said:

What are you yappin about now lol 

9 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Well, the Azalea Springs Solar Park is in Pollock Central ISD. We may not have LI, TF or TI as big and proud as they once were. Lockheed is here, the Medical jobs have tripled since the Outlaw days, GP is still in Diboll, Baker- Hughes is still making power transmissions and grinding gears in downtown Lufkin. No, it's not what it used to be but things can be accomplished. Top heavy? Your right, and I think a bunch of that is about to change between now and June.  To be honest, Lufkin Industries or Champion Paper did little corporate sponsoring to help Lufkin ISD build anything, even when they were running wide open. Paying their taxes, giving out a few scholarships and employing folks seem to be enough for them. You would figure someone like Brookshire Brothers, Loving Auto Group or St. Luke's would like stadium naming rights. HEB stadium or MCF Solar Stadium. 😉  ABE Martin is not paying a dime on that facility, he was only here 7 years (1936-1942), a record of (66-10). There are many possibilities if the right people in charge want it to happen.

I heard they were going to put a dome over the stadium. First home game every fan will receive an 🎱and a 3 dollar gift card to catfish king! 

Getting text and messaging from folks about what's going down in Lufkin???   There is nothing we can confirmed going down, and if there is, I'm sure the media will advise about such a things in due time.  We know nothing of fact, have heard some things from several folks. Can't speak on hearsay on the LPS site, would rather wait to see what, if anything, transpires or not from these conversational stirrings. It's complicated when dependable sources have given seemingly credible information.  It's more advantageous to properly confirm before making any comment here in error. 

56 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Getting text and messaging from folks about what's going down in Lufkin???   There is nothing we can confirmed going down, and if there is, I'm sure the media will advise about such a things in due time.  We know nothing of fact, have heard some things from several folks. Can't speak on hearsay on the LPS site, would rather wait to see what, if anything, transpires or not from these conversational stirrings. It's complicated when dependable sources have given seemingly credible information.  It's more advantageous to properly confirm before making any comment here in error. 

Yessir. I think there might be a little more than smoke this time 

Former Galena Park North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron suspended three years, head coach Willie Gaston suspended for two district games by UIL for recruiting infractions.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, PackAttack said:

Former Galena Park North Shore offensive coordinator Andrew Cameron suspended three years, head coach Willie Gaston suspended for two district games by UIL for recruiting infractions.

Thats 007’s team

We at Lufkin Panther Sports would like to wish the best this morning to the Huntington Girls Devilettes (36-6) as they take on Shallowater (27-12) in the Class 3A State Championship game at 10 AM in San Antonio at the Alamodome.

Listen https://q1077.com/

Final 54-49 Shallowater. Huntington coach is a bubble head for not running some clock and running set plays in the last couple minutes in regulation with a 5 point lead. He could have avoided OT and losing his best player to fouls.  He thought his D was going to win for him. Twenty Six TO in a State Championship game ????  They came down and just threw stuff up.