2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensively we just seemed off on alignment. We got absolutely gashed on the run. I know we're missing 2 starters tonight but it shouldn't had been that bad. The rest of these games are now must wins. We can afford to lose one more statically but that's it. Going to have to win 2 of 3 between Tyler, McNorth and Lancaster. Mesquite schools will be a feel good game.

12 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

This gone sound wild coming from me but the coaches ain’t the ones out there jawing and shoving people after the whistle 

You are correct, that stupid jack jawing cost the Panthers and helped to give Forney 2 TDs after Panthers had played some really good D.   I see the kids coming to the side trying to justify their actions, there is no excuse for it on a football team.

1 minute ago, PackAttack said:

You are correct, that stupid jack jawing cost the Panthers and gave Forney 2 TDs after they played some really good D.   I see the kids coming to the side trying to justify their actions, there is no excuse for it on a football team.

It’s crazy because they kill their own effort. We looked like a really good team at times tonight. But that ugliness just loves to poke its head out when it matters most. The next 5 games are going to be something. Lufkin/Tyler could be a classic. 

11 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

This gone sound wild coming from me but the coaches ain’t the ones out there jawing and shoving people after the whistle 

Shout out to the kids. They played hard the whole game. But it was a 2 way street tonight. Bone head penalties by a few players and more bad coaching. Why are we punting with less than 5 minutes and down by two scores? And then there’s a lot of other things I noticed that have been systematic problems with this staff for years. Not gonna even get into right now. 

2 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Shout out to the kids. They played hard the whole game. But it was a 2 way street tonight. Bone head penalties by a few players and more bad coaching. Why are we punting with less than 5 minutes and down by two scores? And then there’s a lot of other things I noticed that have been systematic problems with this staff for years. Not gonna even get into right now. 

Agree and agree. I think we were just trying to have the score look better by punting and not allowing them a short field because he knew Forney wasn’t gonna lay off. But that’s not how you win games and they got that TD anyways 🤣 

But yes, the kids done well with the tools they are given. Fought really hard tonight. If you take away their bonehead PF’s, who knows. 

7 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

It’s crazy because they kill their own effort. We looked like a really good team at times tonight. But that ugliness just loves to poke its head out when it matters most. The next 5 games are going to be something. Lufkin/Tyler could be a classic. 

We have lost just about every important/big game we have played in under Quick. If it’s against a quality team. And it’s a must win game. It’s usually loss. With the exception of about 4 games in 12 years.

1 minute ago, timeout! said:

We have lost just about every important/big game we have played in under Quick. If it’s against a quality team. And it’s a must win game. It’s usually loss. With the exception of about 4 games in 12 years.

Yessir. That’ll never change unless we’re so talented people can’t touch us 

On 9/22/2023 at 11:01 PM, Webleedpurple said:

We beat ourselves with the penalties. Our team has zero discipline. Where is the Phillips kid? I know he has always been a good player.

Phillips will be out a few weeks is all I know. Some non school issue.

7 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Agree and agree. I think we were just trying to have the score look better by punting and not allowing them a short field because he knew Forney wasn’t gonna lay off. But that’s not how you win games and they got that TD anyways 🤣 

But yes, the kids done well with the tools they are given. Fought really hard tonight. If you take away their bonehead PF’s, who knows. 

Man it’s frustrating. You can see the possibilities with this team. Just missing something. I feel for Kedren, dude been carrying this team for 3 years and hardly anything is being done to help him out. Teams just fire off on him all game. We have other weapons that mostly get ignored. I did see a few good calls by Green. So I’ll give him credit for that.