2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

2023 Lufkin football opponents going to the playoffs.

Texas City (9-1) vs. Huntsville (5-5), 7:00 Friday at Texas City’s Stingaree Stadium

Wylie East (9-1) vs. Tyler Legacy (3-7), 7:00 Friday at Wylie ISD Stadium

A&M Consolidated (7-3) vs. San Antonio Wagner (7-3), 7:00 Friday at College Station’s Tigerland Stadium

Add in Longview (9-1), Forney (9-1), McKinney North (7-3) and Lancaster (5-5).

That means 7 of the 11 teams Lufkin faced in 2023 made the playoffs

Combined SOS  record 45 -25 - .64%

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, PackAttack said:

DCTF has posted Lufkin's enrollment for realignment at 2159.   

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/10/25/2023-uil-snapshot-day-enrollment-figures?ref=article_preview_img

I'm surprised, because it’s the same number that I had only GUESSED a week ago last Friday.  That's a 40 student drop from the last realignment of 2199.

At least it’s not 6A numbers i guess 

51 minutes ago, Chadalac05 said:

What happened?

Happy things turned out well, the matter caused him to miss the football season.  I understand he is back in basketball on the Varsity.

23 hours ago, PackAttack said:

2023 Lufkin football opponents going to the playoffs.

Texas City (9-1) vs. Huntsville (5-5), 7:00 Friday at Texas City’s Stingaree Stadium

Wylie East (9-1) vs. Tyler Legacy (3-7), 7:00 Friday at Wylie ISD Stadium

A&M Consolidated (7-3) vs. San Antonio Wagner (7-3), 7:00 Friday at College Station’s Tigerland Stadium

Add in Longview (9-1), Forney (9-1), McKinney North (7-3) and Lancaster (5-5).

That means 7 of the 11 teams Lufkin faced in 2023 made the playoffs

Combined SOS  record 45 -25 - .64%

Lufkin didn't have a bad loss.  The schedule won't be near this difficult to maneuver next season.

Any ideas where we go for realignment?

35 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Lufkin didn't have a bad loss.  The schedule won't be near this difficult to maneuver next season.

Any ideas where we go for realignment?

I am looking at numbers North and South. It looks like with North and West Mesquite remaining 5A DI, then Tyler and Lufkin. That only leaves 3 more teams needed to fill out a district.  South is a different mix.  Looking at it and looking for other predictions out there too.

7 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I am looking at numbers North and South. It looks like with North and West Mesquite remaining 5A DI, then Tyler and Lufkin. That only leaves 3 more teams needed to fill out a district.  South is a different mix.  Looking at it and looking for other predictions out there too.

Oh God I hope not. Anywhere but Dallas. Maybe the can pair us up with College Station and Consolidated and send us with some Houston schools. With Highland Park dropping down maybe they try to insert us with the Dallas schools but only having Tyler might not be the best situation for that. Lufkin has to go south this realignment.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Oh God I hope not. Anywhere but Dallas. Maybe the can pair us up with College Station and Consolidated and send us with some Houston schools. With Highland Park dropping down maybe they try to insert us with the Dallas schools but only having Tyler might not be the best situation for that. Lufkin has to go south this realignment.

I have reasons to believe the district will be heading north again. 

6 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

I have reasons to believe the district will be heading north again. 

Anything is possible now. Never would've imagined Lufkin playin in a DFW district. Always thought we were a safe bet in Houston area. Now that Longview is likely going 6A, feel like they will want to keep Tyler and Lufkin together. There will be plenty of speculation leading up to Feb. Keep an eye on any rumblings from Matt Stepp. He nailed it last year before the official release. Thinking he has a reliable inside source. 

49 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

All I know is DFW plays a lot higher level of football across the city than the houston schools do right now. Wouldn’t mind heading south. I do like the College Station schools being in the district idea. 

DFW is where is at right now. In football and basketball. I prefer a solid DFW district over Houston. The last two years have been hard for Lufkin. But being that district kept Lufkin coaches feet to the fire. It forced Lufkin to be prepared every week. We will prob end up in some Houston district, along side several sub 500 schools, who are no older than my wallet.

DCTF Bi District Playoff Predictions for 7-5A DI vs 8-5A DI:

New Caney Porter (7-3) at Longview (9-1)      Longview  +25

Lancaster (5-5) at LaPorte (8-2)   Lancaster  +4

Port Arthur Memorial (8-2) at Forney (9-1)   Forney  +14

McKinney North (7-3) at Barbers Hill (8-2)   Barbers Hill  +8

Here is what is out there on enrollment numbers both North and South and SW.

Although the Garland schools, Garland Lakeview-Centennial 2142, Garland Naaman Forrest 2089 and South Garland 1982 all have 5A DI numbers but are opting up to play 6A as they have in previous realignments. So they will be in a 6A district with Garland and North Garland.  They can not be considered in this equation,

As we have heard over 90% of the enrollment numbers are in to UIL.  We also need to know how the cut off levels will fluctuate on the Top 245-250 of the 6A ranks ( you have teams like the Garland schools and Duncanville or Desoto that would opt up to 6A, neither of those schools have turned in their enrollment) and if any compensations will be made at the 4A level. There are still teams like Longview 2280, that could slide either way. Make your own conclusions, it's still very early.

North:

Tyler 2101

North Mesquite 2099

West Mesquite 2083

Red Oak 2176

Waxahachie (6A 2022-2023) have not turned in numbers.

Texas High 1833 (again including these five just in case 4A adjust, UIL has not stated they are doing anything right now)

Crandall 1824

Seagoville 1830

Corsicana 1790

Ennis ??   Hasn't reported (1704 in 2022)

South:  (As you can see here there are plenty of teams available here to field a district without Lufkin.)

Barbers Hill 2092

Crosby 2097

New Caney Porter 2144

Humble Kingwood Park 1929 (2023 estimated)

Beaumont Westbrook 2232

Port Arthur Memorial  2118

Baytown Sterling 2130

LaPorte 2249

Angleton 2177

Southwest:

College Station 2209

A&M Consolidated 2176

Huntsville 1858 (list them as a reference only if UIL shifts 4A cutoffs)

More options for these guys towards Georgetown/Pflugerville/Kyle area. 

The odd thing is 4 of the six teams we play in our 16-5A baseball/basketball/softball/volleyball/soccer District have enrollments were considered to be 5A DII in football last realignment. Nacogdoches 1752, Dayton 1644, NC Porter 2144, Humble Kingwood Park 1874, Huntsville 1858 ( Note: None of the Humble ISD schools are listed as reported on DCTF site)

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/10/25/2023-uil-snapshot-day-enrollment-figures?ref=article_preview_img