2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

18 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Want to say something before this game. There are some out there just waiting to have their " I told you so moment".   It's not going to happen here, cause no one has said we will beat Longview, we are just wanting to see big improvements in the Panther program, a sign they can compete for the playoffs. Anything else positive that transpires Friday, we will take it and be happy.  We are here to support these kids, and win or lose, I am going to do that very thing.  Longview's football program is at a level we wish to be, we once were. This 2023 group of Lufkin kids want to play with the best, and I believe they will give their best shot tomorrow evening. 

No one here has made unreasonable expectation against Longview, we just want to compete well with them. Whatever happens this year is going to happen. We all know or think we know the programs perceived weakness, we are not going to rehash that here, as has been done year after year after year.   Too much time wasted talking about certain things none of us can do anything about. The kids all think differently than many of us here on this site anyway, so I choose to just support the kids and hope they are able to have great success playing the game of football they love, and have played since their childhood.  Most will never play again after high school, Kendren Young and a few others will be the fortunate ones. Sometimes I think we forget this, and don't enjoy watching them play as they pass through the program.  May these kids play their hearts out tomorrow in Longview, I'll be there, then I'll be ready for the next game.  Go Pack!

That person can't wait.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

You got the Lobo guys having different opinions about Tutt now. You started some stuff, and Aledo fan got drawn in, said "why me"?

😂 that was never my intentions. Honestly Allen is much better then Tutt but I don't wanna talk down on the kid. He is managing the Lobo offense and doing what is asked of him. He will make Lufkin pay on the PA pass if they're not careful but they not going to just let him drop back and throw without taking it.

A rain fest for the Freshman game. Really thankful for the rain, had around 2.8 inches on the West side of town.

Looks like maybe good weather for tomorrow evening in Longview.  

If the games were played, please post the scores for the sub-varsity.  Thanks

B Team play:  Longview FR 30  Lufkin FR 0

Lobo announcer only calls out Lobo tackles or runs.  He says ZERO about anything Lufkin does on the field. Did the very same last year.

Freshman A group, not much of a passing game to speak about. They played decent in the 1st half, it was 0-0 at half . Longview takes it with 2 TDs in 2nd half, 16-0.  That's 46-0 for both the A and B teams. Hard to watch not scoring anything.

5 hours ago, mr. b said:

So does the OL actually start slow or is it the defenses start to get tired mid game and Young is then able to use his talent to compensate for that OL.  I believe it’s the later. 

I think chasing Young gets old for defenses. He stays fast even in the fourth quarter. I hope the Oline has built some confidence with how the last game ended. They will need it tomorrow. They get a little push Young can do the rest. Will be a fun night 

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

B Team play:  Longview FR 30  Lufkin FR 0

Lobo announcer only calls out Lobo tackles or runs.  He says ZERO about anything Lufkin does on the field. Did the very same last year.

Freshman A group, not much of a passing game to speak about. They played decent in the 1st half, it was 0-0 at half . Longview takes it with 2 TDs in 2nd half, 16-0.  That's 46-0 for both the A and B teams. Hard to watch not scoring anything.

They better put a and b together,this aint good.i just thought i saw some bad play calling.

7 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

McKinney North 28

Lancaster 21

Final

I told you guys Lancaster wasn't like that

WOW!  Lancaster was 11 point favorite at McKinney North.    PN you are on to something there. I said at the start of this season this district was not as cut and dried as the prognosticators would have us believe.  More of that to come.

DCTF 7-5A DI District game predictions for Week #4:

Lufkin at Longview - Longview by +27

Lancaster at McKinney North - Lancaster by +11

Tyler at North Mesquite - Tyler by +19

West Mesquite at Forney - Forney by +25

16 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

McKinney North 28

Lancaster 21

Final

I told you guys Lancaster wasn't like that

After that first McNorth offensive drive I knew Lancaster was going to have trouble. 

https://www.easttexasfoodbank.org/lufkinpantryraid/

Putting the challenge out to you guys to match my donation to the Food Pantry.  Longview is leading Lufkin by $300 this morning. Please give and help the East Texas Food Bank.

Longview vs. Lufkin Pantry Raid header