2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, LPPACK said:

They better put a and b together,this aint good.i just thought i saw some bad play calling.

Those kids are not taught much more than basic at the Freshmen and JV level, which is a mistake. I don't want to get into it much anymore, it's been that way a long time around here, going back further than Quick's tenure. Except for maybe this current group of Varsity Panthers.  Our coaches should show just as much attention to all the kids coming through the MS to sub Varsity levels as they have this particular group. Someday things will be better again, maybe someone will come in here who get more kids out to play, and help them to learn to win  more at all those levels. Until then, enjoy.

The current Lufkin freshmen are the kids that came up in the pineywoods league. They did not get exposed to high level football at a young age like most of our current JRs and some of our 10th graders. I could go on about the problems with that but the people around here don't care as long as their kid shines on Saturday at Morris frank park. I think we have to put our kids in a better position in youth football around here. It's more fractured then ever.Half of Lufkin is playing flag and the other half is playing in crappy equipment through the Nacogdoches boys and girls club. Don't blame Coach Quick after the next 2 years. Blame the parents for not seeing the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

The current Lufkin freshmen are the kids that came up in the pineywoods league. They did not get exposed to high level football at a young age like most of our current JRs and some of our 10th graders. I could go on about the problems with that but the people around here don't care as long as their kid shines on Saturday at Morris frank park. I think we have to put our kids in a better position in youth football around here. It's more fractured then ever.Half of Lufkin is playing flag and the other half is playing in crappy equipment through the Nacogdoches boys and girls club. Don't blame Coach Quick after the next 2 years. Blame the parents for not seeing the bigger picture.

Ken Thomas had to run flag football because the Nac folks kicked him out because they wanted us to rent their old used equipment. Coach Thomas raised funds to have new equipment and it hurt Nac's Boys and Girls clubs feelings. I very much respect and appreciate what Ken Thomas is doing.

15 minutes ago, Webleedpurple said:

Ken Thomas had to run flag football because the Nac folks kicked him out because they wanted us to rent their old used equipment. Coach Thomas raised funds to have new equipment and it hurt Nac's Boys and Girls clubs feelings. I very much respect and appreciate what Ken Thomas is doing.

Yeah that Nacogdoches boys and girls club guy is in it for the wrong reasons. I'm friends with Derek and I trust him. So I know Ken and then have the best intentions. The problem I have is that we need our own travel team that has the best kids in Lufkin on it. Not playing each other in city league. Yeah they played Nac, Diboll, Corrigan and the other little communities but we really need to be playing against kids from Houston and Dallas. I blame the parents.

18 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Conway battles obstacles to star for Pack

https://lufkindailynews.com/eedition/page-a1/page_e64f6ac7-eb0a-50ca-a758-52690ba9b6cc.html

Conway????

Anyway, Josh Havard predicts 26-24 Lufkin. 

I think we're in for a close game tonight. That's all we can ask for. Keep it close and maybe the football gods will show us mercy tonight 😂

Top Panther Defensive Tackles: (3 games)   Updated  9/12/2023 (Top 15)

T - tackles  TFL - for loss  FR - Fumble  - Sacks - INT

Kaden Hooper - 21  T -  2 TFL - 1 sack

Isaiah Menefee - 17 T -  2 TFL - 1  sack

Cooper Conrad -   12 T -  1 TFL

Juan Lara - 12 T - 1 TFL

Michael Mosley -  12 T

Amarion Campbell -  11 T - 2 INT

Keithan Davis -  10 T - 1 TFL - 1 INT

Brian Rogers - 9 T

Zion Williams - 8 T -  2 TFL - 1 Sack

Evan Young -  8 T

Amontia Hatton - 8 T

Jordan McClendon -  8 T  - 2 TFL

Elijah Alexander - 6 T - 1 TFL- 1 sack

Maurice Curl -  5 T - 2 TFL - 2 sacks

Kenneth Timmons - 5 T  - 1 FR

Whatever happens tonight, please don't blow up the site during or after the game.  There are 6 more games after this one, stay logical.  No needs to beat down old subjects we all have talked about 10,000 times here. I'm in no mood for it, people who know me fully understand what that means. :ph34r: 

Not posting anymore today until the game is over, or when we get back to Lufkin. Then maybe not anything until Saturday morning.  Safe travels to all, good luck to the Pack!  May the Force be with You!  Maybe that was a little over the top, but whatever, I've got nothing else. ;)  Go Pack!  That's better.

54 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Whatever happens tonight, please don't blow up the site during or after the game.  There are 6 more games after this one, stay logical.  No needs to beat down old subjects we all have talked about 10,000 times here. I'm in no mood for it, people who know me fully understand what that means. :ph34r: 

Not posting anymore today until the game is over, or when we get back to Lufkin. Then maybe not anything until Saturday morning.  Safe travels to all, good luck to the Pack!  May the Force be with You!  Maybe that was a little over the top, but whatever, I've got nothing else. ;)  Go Pack!  That's better.

💪💪💪💪💪

3 hours ago, Webleedpurple said:

I hear you and feel the same way. He had a lot of his military friends to donate money and help get equipment for his team.Congrats Ken