2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/6/2023 at 9:52 PM, timeout! said:

my take is below par.disicpline is needed! LV by 30,just saying and that guy with Big Nasty needs to go back to Hudson.Who is that anyway.

5 minutes ago, pack98 said:

D played lights out and will travel to LV. Young showed why he is one of the best backs in the Nation. 32 carriers 225 rushing yards when the O-line looked horrible all night they stepped up.  

Young and the O-line were able to get going late or else this could have gotten out of hand

I am a believer in Preston #18 the kid is huge and runs great for a bigger WR   This offense has to find a way to get that kid more involved especially with the loaded boxes we face! 

we put our defense in some horrible spots as well but they showed resilience and heart but I will never understand why we choose to not play Alexander and Zion at the same time they are the 2 biggest kids on the team!! Going into district this defense will need the offense to do their part if we want to see the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Lufkin beat a playoff team tonight. Enjoy the win. Next week when IMG doesn't do what most of you think it's going to be time to stfu win or lose it's going to be a typical Lufkin vs Longview classic.

Hope you right. The staff better fix that blitz pickup and figure out way to get some other guys going. And can we get Gavin more involved in the offense? We have only given him a few carries this year and have not thrown to him on any of the pass plays he has ran. 

3 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I thought tonight was an impressive win. Maybe AMC turns out to be not very good but I'm willing to bet they will not be a push over this season 

They look solid to me. That #9 on defense was all over the place. And I like their Qb..not very big but savvy and has command of that offense. It was an ugly win for us, but a good one for the kids confidence. They showed they can come from behind and win a game. When nothing seems to be going right.