2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Zion Williams just picked up a Georgia offer. I imagine in the 25 class Mike Mosley,Gavin Phillips, and Krisean Preston will all be P5  recruits once it's all done FBS at a minimum. Maybe another 3 on the Fringe of being FBS but maybe not P5. I think they will hit double digits on signing day when you include FCS and Division 2/3. 

That is a big offer from the SEC.  How many offers is that for the Junior NT.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

I wish we was D2 this year and next 😏

Do not know what the U I L has in mind about realignment next year, so thing could be different.  So based on no radical changes, there will be some changes in our current district for 2024.  Lufkin by all accounts will remain 5A DI, their enrollment is less than the last realignment count of 2199.  We know through various sources that Forney will likely go into 6A, North Forney moved to 6A in 2022. Lancaster, North Mesquite and Longview all have 6A numbers based on the 2022 cut off numbers.  We also recognize that McKinney North will probably relocate with some district closer in proximity to them.

That leaves Lufkin and Tyler, then what to do with West Mesquite. I'm unaware of the Tyler High enrollment. What do you do with Tyler and Lufkin. Will Tyler Legacy somehow move into the 5A DI mix or remain a small 6A.?

I believe it's going to look much different for the Panthers next season. Will it be North or South or Southwest?  Will Longview be close enough to wiggle somehow back into 5ADI, it's happened last realignment. There is no way Lufkin (2199) had more students than Longview (2192), and if your allowed by UIL to count enough 1/2 students, then that makes a difference whether your 5A DI or 6A.  For lots of reasons, Longview does not want to be 6A again.  They, and the two Tyler schools are almost in the same situation in no man's land, just as Lufkin sits to the South. 

Personally, I hope Longview does go 6A and Lufkin remains 5A DI, and the reason may surprise you.  Both programs will have one of their best football classes next year, I would hate to see them cancel out each other. Being in two separate classifications would allow both to excel in their own way.  There is no way Lufkin can be 5A DII,  they would need to lose over 300 students in the high school for that to happen. 

What would things look like? Your guess is as good as mine.

17 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Do not know what the U I L has in mind about realignment next year, so thing could be different.  So based on no radical changes, there will be some changes in our current district for 2024.  Lufkin by all accounts will remain 5A DI, their enrollment is less than the last realignment count of 2199.  We know through various sources that Forney will likely go into 6A, North Forney moved to 6A in 2022. Lancaster, North Mesquite and Longview all have 6A numbers based on the 2022 cut off numbers.  We also recognize that McKinney North will probably relocate with some district closer in proximity to them.

That leaves Lufkin and Tyler, then what to do with West Mesquite. I'm unaware of the Tyler High enrollment. What do you do with Tyler and Lufkin. Will Tyler Legacy somehow move into the 5A DI mix or remain a small 6A.?

I believe it's going to look much different for the Panthers next season. Will it be North or South or Southwest?  Will Longview be close enough to wiggle somehow back into 5ADI, it's happened last realignment. There is no way Lufkin (2199) had more students than Longview (2192), and if your allowed by UIL to count enough 1/2 students, then that makes a difference whether your 5A DI or 6A.  For lots of reasons, Longview does not want to be 6A again.  They, and the two Tyler schools are almost in the same situation in no man's land, just as Lufkin sits to the South. 

Personally, I hope Longview does go 6A and Lufkin remains 5A DI, and the reason may surprise you.  Both programs will have one of their best football classes next year, I would hate to see them cancel out each other. Being in two separate classifications would allow both to excel in their own way.  There is no way Lufkin can be 5A DII,  they would need to lose over 300 students in the high school for that to happen. 

What would things look like? Your guess is as good as mine.

Who knows when it comes to the UIL. I never thought I’d see us where we are currently. Sometimes I’m convinced they get bored and just say hey let’s stick so and so here lol. “Lufkin has never been in a Dallas district so what the heck let’s do it”. I don’t see how Longview continues to stay a 5A either but someone is trying awfully hard to make sure that happens for whatever reason 😏 It would be so much simpler for Lufkin and UIL if we lost enough to drop to D2. But yeah, although we’re losing students I don’t ever see us dipping that low. 

32 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Who knows when it comes to the UIL. I never thought I’d see us where we are currently. Sometimes I’m convinced they get bored and just say hey let’s stick so and so here lol. “Lufkin has never been in a Dallas district so what the heck let’s do it”. I don’t see how Longview continues to stay a 5A either but someone is trying awfully hard to make sure that happens for whatever reason 😏 It would be so much simpler for Lufkin and UIL if we lost enough to drop to D2. But yeah, although we’re losing students I don’t ever see us dipping that low. 

The UIL has been thinking and analyzing the possibility of a 7A classification. That would change lots of things in the Texas HS landscape. I see them take a stab at moving that way about 2025 for the 2026-27 seasons, or they won't do it at all.  Longview can legally find more part time working 1/2 students to count than any school I know in order to stay 5A. Highland Park did the same for a decade or more before finally having to move to 6A.

These penalties. You know NAC is doing this against our 3nd team and backup defense. NAC never took out their 1st team O. So don't get so wound up. If not for those ref calls, this game is 72-14.