2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible loss tonight! There are no excuses 

Did Preston not prove himself valuable last week? Do we just not want to see the kid succeed? He had a 5’8 CB on him all night we never gave him a 1 on 1 opportunities down the field 

Who is the DB coach at this point I’m convinced we are teaching our CB’s to play trail technique with no safety help ! The CB’s are getting beat the same way week to week 

we are the only team that doesn’t make adjustments throughout the season 

Don’t let me forget to mention the QB play is still the worst in the district!

2 minutes ago, ConcernedFormerPanther said:

Did Preston not prove himself valuable last week? Do we just not want to see the kid succeed? He had a 5’8 CB on him all night we never gave him a 1 on 1 opportunities down the field 

Who is the DB coach at this point I’m convinced we are teaching our CB’s to play trail technique with no safety help ! The CB’s are getting beat the same way week to week 

Yeah we let a miget quarterback beat us deep several times

2 minutes ago, ConcernedFormerPanther said:

They're left on islands. I honestly don't think they play that bad overall. It's an extremely hard position to play then with no pass rush and no safety help that's what you get. 

6 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Yep. Next season won’t be any difference. There isn’t enough talent walking around over there to save us from this staff. 

Sad, but true. This staff has bamboozled this community long enough. I've seen more than enough talent come through here. To have a better showing than what we have seen the past several years. Quick/Green have done nothing but underachieve here. 

2 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Sad, but true. This staff has bamboozled this community long enough. I've seen more than enough talent come through here. To have a better showing than what we have seen the past several years. Quick/Green have done nothing but underachieve here. 

Every year. Imagine having a back like Kedren and never even seeing the playoffs 🤣

Just now, LufkinPack said:

Every year. Imagine having a back like Kedren and never even seeing the playoffs 🤣

Dude carried this program on his shoulders for 3 years and never got to play one down in the post season. I'm glad his hard work has paid off and he will get to play for a historic program like Notre Dame. I say get the record and shut it down. 

4 minutes ago, Webleedpurple said:

I also believe Green will be the next head coach. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Im just saying why else would he stay this long. I think Quick stays one more year because they will return a lot next season and I think he believes they can win with that group. This year was a major disappointment.

Just now, Pack13 said:

They have coaches that care. Sadly some don’t and they have more power than those that do. Hopefully people step down and I think a new hire won’t come from inside the program 

I think they care but that doesn't mean you're not bad at your job. Green is absolutely pathetic at calling plays and scheming up a offense. Preston didn't get one deep shot tonight and he had a huge size advantage.