2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

3 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Our youth league is a joke. We don’t even have decent enough people out there teaching any of the kids discipline. There is more hollering, cussing, hoodrat crap going on more than there is anything else. There’s so much drama and issues between all of them they can’t even keep stuff together 😭

So who is in charge of the youth league? 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Packfan49 said:

So who is in charge of the youth league? 

Ken Thomas. He’s aware of a lot of the issues but he can only do so much when that’s all the community has to offer. Don’t get me wrong, there are some good people involved out there but more bad than good. We also need to step it up on who we play. The competition sucks. 

Just now, LufkinPack said:

Ken Thomas. He’s aware of a lot of the issues but he can only do so much when that’s all the community has to offer. 

I was just about too say that very thing, he can not get any help from the higher up's. He was forced too go flag ball this year with the youth. Now if we had good youth  coaches and I think that Thomas is, when they get too high school their talent is squandered.  As far as the language you have to remember Thomas is a career military no nonsense guy

3 hours ago, Lp81 said:

it starts at the middle school level... and we have never been interested at that level to develop... that is on the Head coach at the high school... it should be a strong emphasis...

Longview starts way before that... one reason they are as strong as they are year after year...

See. There's a certain individual in here that cracks jokes at Lobo fans for paying attention and putting stock into the youth.

But that's the foundation. That's the future. That's where it starts. You want to know part of where consistency comes from? Engraving a winning mentality at an early age. Creating those expectations early. Waiting until HS to start taking players seriously is not what the winning programs are doing.

So whether we're talking about the Lobos...our 3 middle schools... or our youth city teams like the Mustangs...or some of our highly successful youth pop warner/select teams like East Texas Heat and Gregg County Cowboys...

We treat it all the same in Longview. The expectation is to win regardless of level.

I’m honestly not a fan of youth football below 7th grade because of a lot of the reasons listed above. But building a solid middle school program is key. From running basic plays, understanding the expectations, learning the Weightroom, all of it. If you look at the top programs in the state top to bottom they will look the same. It might take a “good” group to push for state but all groups expect to win. 

46 minutes ago, Packfan49 said:

As far as the language you have to remember Thomas is a career military no nonsense guy

Yeah, he doesn’t allow the kids to mess around too much. But he doesn’t get on to the parents and some of the coaches near enough. I know some people raise their kids to think most of that stuff is ok, but a lot of people out there ain’t cool with their 7 year old telling other kids they are gonna bust they MF’n mouth lol 

1 hour ago, wolfpack4life said:

So whether we're talking about the Lobos...our 3 middle schools... or our youth city teams like the Mustangs...or some of our highly successful youth pop warner/select teams like East Texas Heat and Gregg County Cowboys.

Lufkin can’t even keep select teams going because of the behavior 

FB_IMG_1697481241665.jpg

THIS WEEKS GAME INFO! 

LUFKIN 🆚 TYLER ISD 
️7:00 PM KICK OFF
👜👜CLEAR BAG POLICY!!!!!!!!!!👜👜
🎟🎟TICKETS SOLD ONLINE ONLY!!!!! NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE GATE!!!!!🎟🎟 LINK BELOW/ NO CASH SALES AT GATE! 
https://tylerisd.hometownticketing.com/embed/event/532?es=63dvolrcpm430f6lgr9f4d25u0&single=0

The problem with youth football in Lufkin is most of the parents are full of it and the coaches are more about their kid then developing all the kids. But to be fair this isn't just a Lufkin problem. Youth football is pretty crappy across the board. Lufkin really needs a select team playing kids from Houston but the parents don't want to spend the money to travel or to play. Then our HS coaches don't take middle school football serious enough. Everyone gets to play and they divide the teams up evenly. Instead of doing a true A and B team. I don't have a problem with every kid playing but put them on a true B team so they can get more playing time and development. Smallwood was the C team QB when I was in middle school. He ended up being our best QB by HS. I'm glad I'm out the youth football business. My buddy wanted me to help coach his son in flag this year. I couldn't say no fast enough.

5 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Yeah, he doesn’t allow the kids to mess around too much. But he doesn’t get on to the parents and some of the coaches near enough. I know some people raise their kids to think most of that stuff is ok, but a lot of people out there ain’t cool with their 7 year old telling other kids they are gonna bust they MF’n mouth lol 

They hear that kind of language at home, then parents act as if they are surprised  when their kid says something like that 🤔

Just saw the schedule for Hoopfest on Nov.20-21 Lufkin will play Duncanville and Beaumont United.. 😳 

Will be good experience for the Bball team. 

Temps are dropping and I'm actually looking forward to the warm confines of the PAC gymnasium. It's one of the few things this district has done right the last few years. Not sure how much more I can stomach seeing the football program spiraling down. 

13 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Don't care who your favorite team is, that Cowboys and Charger game was a great game to watch. Great football played by both teams. 

Yeah I guess PA, but the Cowboys look too struggle against even the mediocre teams and those Chargers  have never been a threat.Rivers played there so long that when he left  he was elidable for Social Security and they still were irreverent 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/JAMdigitalproductions/videos/733305668650424/

Great highlights of Krisean Preston last week against McKinney North. 

We really haven't seen him used much since Tyler Legacy.  I know Murphy is a great WR, and he certainly has done his part this year as a SR, a great special teams player too. What I don't understand with coaches is why do they not spread all the talent around to win games. The Panthers have at least 4 talented playmakers at WR. Murphy, Kev Taylor, Preston and Keandre Hooper.  

A good OC would find a way to use all these guys every game. Just saying I would.

6 hours ago, PackAttack said:

We really haven't seen him used much since Tyler Legacy.  I know Murphy is a great WR, and he certainly has done his part this year as a SR, a great special teams player too. What I don't understand with coaches is why do they not spread all the talent around to win games. The Panthers have at least 4 talented playmakers at WR. Murphy, Kev Taylor, Preston and Keandre Hooper.  

A good OC would find a way to use all these guys every game. Just saying I would.

Because he's not a good OC. He's really bad at his job. He needs a stud QB to bail him out. Someone who can make a play when nothing is there. He doesn't do anything different. Just same bs. 

7 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Could you imagine a creative mind with that talent at WR and a stud D1 RB like Kedren in the backfield? Holy opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Could you imagine a creative mind with that talent at WR and a stud D1 RB like Kedren in the backfield? Holy opportunity. 

But does no good without a QB that can consistently hit an open receiver or an OL that can open some holes for that RB.  

Just now, mr. b said:

But does no good without a QB that can consistently hit an open receiver or an OL that can open some holes for that RB.  

I agree that both of those positions are an absolute liability for Lufkin, but a good OC could work around those weaknesses with the skill position talent we have. I mean, ya gotta have more than 5 plays in the playbook. 

11 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

The Oline is the easily fixable part. It’s not hard. If the line played better this team is 6-1. 

As dumb and lazy minded green is, the guy that coaches the O-line might be the laziest SOB I’ve ever seen. Straight bum. Someone needs to send his a$$ to the tire shop with the rest of the family. 

I just want to educate Mr. Beames.  When John Outlaw coached here he played and defeated many football programs who were much larger than Lufkin.  He scheduled many top non district games, played more in district play, and won most of those games. Here are several who are not named Longview, the bell weather team for Coach Quick.  By the way Outlaw beat Longview 11 games in a row at one point. Quick can't even wipe their tail now.

Lufkin defeated Katy twice, Allen twice, he scheduled Aldine Eisenhower,  GP Northshore, Spring Westfield, Killeen Ellison, The Woodlands, Klein Collins, Dallas Carter, Evangel Christian, Port Arthur Memorial and Mesquite during the Outlaw era.  Most of those teams in those days were highly ranked, several still are high caliber programs.  This does not cover the top programs Outlaw beat or played in the playoffs like Southlake, Austin Westlake, Garland or Klein Forrest.

Did you ever play sports, do you know the sacrifice it takes to win, or do you accept losing just because their enrollment is larger?  I played more years of competitive sports than many who come here to this site have lived. Losing was never the goal, it was always unacceptable and made no excuses for it, just had to work harder. When losing becomes acceptable, and excuses follow, then the downward spiral begins. Losing to eventual 6A teams his year is just an excuse.  People that make excuses for losing all the time, eventually become losers themselves.  

393697877_638974245064219_708703169377974393_n.jpg

41 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I just want to educate Mr. Beames.  When John Outlaw coached here he played and defeated many football programs who were much larger than Lufkin.  He scheduled many top non district games, played more in district play, and won most of those games. Here are several who are not named Longview, the bell weather team for Coach Quick.  By the way Outlaw beat Longview 11 games in a row at one point. Quick can't even wipe their tail now.

Lufkin defeated Katy twice, Allen twice, he scheduled Aldine Eisenhower,  GP Northshore, Sprig Westfield, Killen Ellison, The Woodlands, Klein Collins, Dallas Carter, Evangel Christian, Port Arthur Memorial and Mesquite during the Outlaw era.  Most of those teams in those days were highly ranked, several still are high caliber programs.  This does not cover the top programs Outlaw beat or played in the playoffs like Southlake, Austin Westlake, Garland or Klein Forrest.

Did you ever play sports, do you know the sacrifice it takes to win, or do you accept losing just because their enrollment is larger?  I played more years of competitive sports than many who come here to this site have lived. Losing was never the goal, it was always unacceptable and made no excuses for it, just had to work harder. When losing becomes acceptable, and excuses follow, then the downward spiral begins. Losing to eventual 6A teams his year is just an excuse.  People that make excuses for losing all the time, eventually become losers themselves.  

393697877_638974245064219_708703169377974393_n.jpg

AMEN PA!! People like him are why we will never see change. It’s pathetic. Was he even around for the outlaw days? People are clueless or idiots.

45 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

By the way Outlaw beat Longview 11 games in a row at one point. Quick can't even wipe their tail now.

Quick can’t even compete for 1 half against Longview. We just keep getting embarrassed. Easiest week of the season for John king and his staff. Don’t have to game plan much lol he knows what 4 plays we’re gonna run