2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Yeah, I’m not sure why AMC being on our schedule isn’t being discussed more. That could easily be a loss 

We won't catch them napping this year. I think it took them a half to realize we meant business. Revenge will definitely be on their mind. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Still not sure why that guy left Proper, hard to believe AMC would offer a better salary. Guess he wanted to get out of that 6A district, that was a tough one. He was extremely successful there.

One thing about it, Lufkin will not only be playing against talented teams this year. They will also be up against some powerfully good coaching staffs too.

I was also surprised. That was a great hire for that program. Doubt they miss a beat and could be even better. Just about every game on Lufkin schedule has something to offer, at least on paper. This will be a fun season for Panther football. 

43 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Good and you PA? Missed y’all 

Doing well now, looking forward to a good year of football.  Had a rough 2022 with Prostate cancer, had a new type radiation treatment, didn't miss a game. Good to see you back online.

Just now, PackAttack said:

Doing well now, looking forward to a good year of football.  Had a rough 2022 with Prostate cancer, had a new type radiation treatment, didn't miss a game. Good to see you back online.

Hope everything is ok now for you. Hate you were dealing with that. Hopefully we’ll get to see some good football this season though 

7 hours ago, LPPACK said:

Wait a minute,we can pay 25,000 for Prince,but cant get out rosters?

They had rosters for the Spring game, none for scrimmage. Even had to wait in a HOT ticket line with only one person selling $2 tickets to watch scrimmage this year. Concessions were open!🤠  I've heard everything from $53K, $50K and now $25K paid that Prince guy? Whatever it was, I didn't see it or hear it, and alot has transpired since then because of it. Still wondering if there could be any life left in that Purple Throne, maybe to use for this year's Homecoming Queen? Hey, It's an honest question.😉

Sports editor Josh Havard held a question-and-answer session with Lufkin head coach Todd Quick Tuesday afternoon. Lufkin scrimmaged Huntsville this past Friday. The Panthers open their season at 7:30 Friday night when they host the Tyler Legacy Red Raiders.

Q After reviewing video from Friday’s scrimmage, what was your overall impression of the team’s play?

A I was really pleased with the team’s effort. It was hot out there and they really handled it well. They’re in shape although probably not as good of shape as they will be in. I thought they handled it mentally, which is one of the biggest factors. They made some mistakes, and we went out there and made corrections Saturday then repped them in practice Monday.

https://lufkindailynews.com/sports/high_school/q-a-with-coach-quick/article_2dc1beca-7767-54d4-b664-28d577c200a2.html

Q What were the biggest positives from the offensive side in the scrimmage against Huntsville?

A I was pleased with the way we moved the ball. We got sloppy at the end with some different combinations out there. But for the most part, we got a body on a body. We ran the ball downhill. The protection was pretty good. And everybody we had on both sides of the ball was able to get some reps in.

Q With the defense holding Huntsville out of the end zone until the final minutes, what was your overall impression of that side of the ball?

A The defense gave great effort. If you can get your butt to the ball, you can play great defense. Defense is more about want to than anything else. Guys are going to run to the ball or they’re going to buy a ticket and watch. I thought our defense played really hard, which is what you want to see in a scrimmage or any other time.

Q How does the mentality of the team change as the team gets ready for its first game of the season?

A You’re going to see guys get a little more focused. There’s going to be less chatter and more doing. We’ve got the first one at home so the guys are going to be ready to go.

Josh Havard’s email address is josh.havard@lufkindailynews.com.

Longview already has their Freshman game posted on the district website. That community goes all out for that program. I watched part of it and will say this. You can tell everything is done with a purpose in that system. Have no doubt that the coaches expect them to keep doing it over and over until they get it right. Here it is for anyone who may be interested in checking it out.

19 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Longview already has their Freshman game posted on the district website. That community goes all out for that program. I watched part of it and will say this. You can tell everything is done with a purpose in that system. Have no doubt that the coaches expect them to keep doing it over and over until they get it right. Here it is for anyone who may be interested in checking it out.

Yep. That program is far ahead of ours. It’s going to take a heck of a lot of talent for Lufkin to beat Longview again lol 

2 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Yep. That program is far ahead of ours. It’s going to take a heck of a lot of talent for Lufkin to beat Longview again lol 

This stuff has made me SMH a thousand times the past 11 years, it's why I feel unsettled no matter the quality of talent.

Those McKinney Freshmen were not very good. In fact, it will be good to see how well our Freshmen and JV do against Legacy tomorrow. 

Frankly, I've got a few nerves going getting the season started.

14 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Lmao. Yo man. Where’s the 8-ball at 

Its currently in calibration. I accidentally dropped it when i was watching Marshall Charloff and his all-star band, The Purple Xperience. All it would predict after that was WTF? Should get it back soon. Im cheap so i have everything delivered to me via carrier pigeon. Takes longer!

4 minutes ago, Chadalac05 said:

Its currently in calibration. I accidentally dropped it when i was watching Marshall Charloff and his all-star band, The Purple Xperience. All it would predict after that was WTF? Should get it back soon. Im cheap so i have everything delivered to me via carrier pigeon. Takes longer!

When you get the 8-ball back, ask it, what happened to the Purple Throne? LOL

1 hour ago, Chadalac05 said:

🤣 smh. Even the 8-ball couldn’t survive that xperience. The bill just keeps going up