2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Campbell's and Pigskin Prep have posted their Texas High School Team Rankings for the 1st week

Tyler Legacy 6A comes in at #158, while Lufkin 5A DI is ranked at #45.

99 5A DII Nacogdoches (0-0)   at Palestine 
27 5A DI A&M Consolidated (0-0)   at Huntsville  

5A DI Football Rankings 8/22/2023:

1 Aledo (0-0) 1 vs Dallas Parish Episcopal 
2 Longview (0-0) 2 at McKinney  
3 College Station (0-0) 5 at Lucas Lovejoy 
4 Lancaster (0-0) 3 at Dallas Skyline  
5 Mansfield Timberview (0-0) 8 vs South Grand Prairie  
6 Smithson Valley (0-0) 4 vs San Antonio Reagan  
7 Frisco Lone Star (0-0) 13 at Texarkana Texas 
8 Port Arthur Memorial (0-0) 24 vs Port Neches-Groves  
9 Fulshear (0-0) 11 at Houston Strake Jesuit  
10 Frisco Reedy (0-0) 9 vs Azle  
11 PSJA North (0-0) 12 at Pharr-San Juan-Alamo 
12 Amarillo Tascosa (0-0) 20 vs Amarillo Palo Duro  
13 Burleson Centennial (0-0) 7 vs Burleson  
14 CC Veterans Memorial (0-0) 16 vs New Braunfels Canyon 
15 Denton Ryan (0-0) 15 at New Braunfels  
16 Edinburg Vela (0-0) 10 at Edinburg North  
17 Georgetown (0-0) 21 vs Copperas Cove  
18 Galveston Ball (0-0) 22 at La Marque  
19 Lake Belton (0-0) 29 vs Leander Rouse 
20 Manvel (0-0) 17 vs Alvin Shadow Creek 
21 Corpus Christi Miller (0-0) 28 vs Rockport-Fulton  
22 Killeen Shoemaker (0-0) 40 at San Angelo Central 
23 Barbers Hill (0-0) 25 vs Magnolia West 
24 Abilene (0-0) 14 at Odessa Permian  
25 San Antonio Wagner (0-0) 33 vs Liberty Hill  
26 Lubbock-Cooper (0-0) 19 vs Dumas  
27 A&M Consolidated (0-0) 31 at Huntsville  
28 Midlothian (0-0) 6 at Arlington Seguin 
29 New Braunfels Canyon (0-0) 27 at CC Veterans Memorial 
30 Angleton (0-0) 23 vs Montgomery Lake Creek 
31 Brownsville Veterans Memorial (0-0) 32 at San Benito  
32 Frisco Wakeland (0-0) 37 at Grapevine  
33 Houston Sterling (0-0) 67 at Houston Spring Woods  
34 Red Oak (0-0) 36 at The Colony  
35 Cedar Park (0-0) 42 vs RR Cedar Ridge 
36 Fort Worth Richland (0-0) 54 at Mansfield Legacy 
37 McKinney North (0-0) 39 vs Garland  
38 El Paso Del Valle (0-0) 38 at El Paso Burges  
39 Magnolia West (0-0) 26 at Barbers Hill  
40 Forney (0-0) 35 vs Crandall  
41 Frisco Heritage (0-0) 47 vs Dallas White  
42 Victoria West (0-0) 63 at San Antonio Davenport 
43 Justin Northwest (0-0) 34 vs Prosper Rock Hill 
44 Frisco (0-0) 45 at Fort Worth Brewer  
45 Lufkin (0-0) 30 vs Tyler Legacy 
46 San Antonio Southside (0-0) 73 vs Somerset  
47 McAllen (0-0) 60 at Edinburg  
48 San Antonio Southwest (0-0) 65 vs Lockhart  
49 Crosby (0-0) 44 at Sheldon C.E. King 
50 Seguin (0-0) 53 at San Antonio Alamo Heights 

36 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Forney picked up South Oaks Cliff 4 star 2025 LB Kelvin Riggins. I must had missed when this happened. Makes it a little more difficult.

Man I’m so sick of that BS going on in high school. Puts schools like Lufkin at such a disadvantage. Schools are like the New York Yankees now. Just buy championships. 

6 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Man I’m so sick of that BS going on in high school. Puts schools like Lufkin at such a disadvantage. Schools are like the New York Yankees now. Just buy championships. 

Lancaster has plucked a few kids too in the transfer portal. A couple from Duncanville with D1 offers. A RB and a converted OG to DT and another kid from somewhere else. 

Just now, PurpleNation said:

Lancaster has plucked a few kids too in the transfer portal. A couple from Duncanville with D1 offers. A RB and a converted OG to DT and another kid from somewhere else. 

Those schools always trade kids. Nothing we can do about it! Just have to focus on being better 

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

It happens everywhere in the metro areas, but seems even more prevalent in the Dallas area Metro.

As for me, I'll take the kids who grew up together and played together when they were youngsters in the same Community.  A talented transfer doesn't always mean success, because maybe they don't have the chemistry with other teammates  They may be coming in and taking a position earned by a kid who has been working hard in that program since Middle School. Transfers don't always have connections to the Community or school. Many have reasons they need to move,  some are just trying to get noticed in order get to the next level.  I'll take our kids here in Lufkin playing together, and know whatever success they have here is not because of some outside transfer talent.  Go Pack!

1 hour ago, Pack05 said:

Those schools always trade kids. Nothing we can do about it! Just have to focus on being better 

McKinney was already going to be tough for Longview and they added a LB committed to Oklahoma St and a QB that will be going into year 3 starting with FBS interest. The metroplex is wide open when it comes to this

50 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

It happens everywhere in the metro areas, but seems even more prevalent in the Dallas area Metro.

As for me, I'll take the kids who grew up together and played together when they were youngsters in the same Community.  A talented transfer doesn't always mean success, because maybe they don't have the chemistry with other teammates  They may be coming in and taking a position earned by a kid who has been working hard in that program since Middle School. Transfers don't always have connections to the Community or school. Many have reasons they need to move,  some are just trying to get noticed in order get to the next level.  I'll take our kids here in Lufkin playing together, and know whatever success they have here is not because of some outside transfer talent.  Go Pack!

I'm with you on I like doing it with kids from our community. 

15 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

McKinney was already going to be tough for Longview and they added a LB committed to Oklahoma St and a QB that will be going into year 3 starting with FBS interest. The metroplex is wide open when it comes to this

Tough road games for Lobos this year. Don't think things are as cut and dried for them as some of them imagine they will be. The Lobos don’t have a QB with any Varsity experince, they are trying out three kids. It may take them all three non district games to settle on one of them. This is one tough district. Lufkin is up against it too, and has a bunch to prove this year. Nothing easy about it.

1 hour ago, Pack05 said:

Lufkin have a player roster out yet? 

We will get a roster out after the Legacy game, if not before. Lufkin ISD didn't have rosters for the scrimmage.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

Things are alway in motion up there. One reason I never try to predict how good or bad those teams will be. I wouldn't be surprised if McNorth has picked up a few lesser known transfers. Lufkin has a tough schedule. A&M consolidated will be a big game too. They hired former Prosper coach to take over. He had success there and now inherits a solid team with a pretty good Qb.

6 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Things are alway in motion up there. One reason I never try to predict how good or bad those teams will be. I wouldn't be surprised if McNorth has picked up a few lesser known transfers. Lufkin has a tough schedule. A&M consolidated will be a big game too. They hired former Prosper coach to take over. He had success there and now inherits a solid team with a pretty good Qb.

Yeah, I’m not sure why AMC being on our schedule isn’t being discussed more. That could easily be a loss 

38 minutes ago, pimpthepen said:

A lot High School are pushing the kick off game time back and hour do anybody know if the game will be push back and hour

Nothing been announced yet, still 7:30 PM. Doubt it gets pushed back unless Legacy coach request it.

1 hour ago, timeout! said:

. They hired former Prosper coach to take over. He had success there and now inherits a solid team with a pretty good Qb.

Still not sure why that guy left Proper, hard to believe AMC would offer a better salary. Guess he wanted to get out of that 6A district, that was a tough one. He was extremely successful there.

One thing about it, Lufkin will not only be playing against talented teams this year. They will also be up against some powerfully good coaching staffs too.

1 hour ago, pimpthepen said:

A lot High School are pushing the kick off game time back and hour do anybody know if the game will be push back and hour

LISD is hardly ever proactive with anything. It's alway more reactive after several others have done it or they are forced to make a decision.  Been that way for years here. 

I wouldn't mind a later start time. Even if it's only pushed back an extra 30 minutes.