2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

3 hours ago, pimpthepen said:

Manvel is not the same With the New school of Iowa Colony and Shadow Creek talent is split up .

Yup! A cracked shell of themselves now. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to yall boys tonight. 

I think it's gonna take some time for our o-line to come together. Maybe by the beginning of district, but not sure they're ready for a tough d-line like we'll see tonight. That'll be our achilles heel. I think we'll go 7-3 on the season, and this will be one of the losses. 21-13 Longview. But hopefully, they prove me wrong. 

New approach for me this year. No comments from me until either halftime or after the game. It just has to be that way for me this year. I'd rather comment at halftime or after the game, than play by play during. 

Please carry on as usual and I'll read your comments, you guys can handle it better than I these days. Go Pack!

1 hour ago, Webleedpurple said:

Prediction time. Lufkin 19- Longview 17

There's a score locked in my head that I have chosen not to post.  I will let you know afterward, you can trust that I will be perfectly honest with you whether my thinking was right, or wrong.  

Just now, LufkinPack said:

My expectation is the offense will be a disaster most of the night which puts the defense on the field far too much allowing Longview to get some separation. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

🏈

I don't think a win or loss tonight will define our season. Im looking for the effort tonight. Nobody across the state is giving you a chance. Do they really believe they can beat those guys. How will they respond to adversity tonight. Can they control and harness their emotion. Can they play vintage Lufkin football and hit Longview in the mouth. You never know but we're for sure about to find out something tonight.

2 minutes ago, mr. b said:

I hate to say but I’m skeptical especially missing our QB

I'd be stunned if they beat us like that tonight even without Javion. I'm not saying it's not possible but man things would have to go wrong. We definitely can't turn it over like we did in the scrimmage. I'm definitely nervous but I know the talent is there to win this game tonight.