2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

44 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

How in the world did it end up 42-0 lol 

We gave them short fields to work, two shanked punts out of  bounds in our territory, then gave up a long punt return to our 16, an INT returned to our 27.  They had to go only 60 yards for 4 TDS, and then gave up a 51 yards pass TD too.  That's 35 points. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I have no idea,  You would need to asked the Superintendent or the school board about how they feel losing with so much talent at hand.

I talked to 2 of them last night and they wasn't happy and they words was there is horrible coaching going on out there once again 

7 hours ago, Jack Walker said:

I thought Young had 62 on like 25 carries

You are correct, it was late last night when I tried to respond.  Lufkin was held to 98 yards rushing on 39 attempts on the night.  Young had the 62 yards on 22 carries according to the Lufkin Daily and Josh Havard. 

https://lufkindailynews.com/sports/high_school/longview-dominates-panthers/article_c36211be-aafc-5da0-af0d-74b0374aea2d.html

1 hour ago, wolfpack4life said:

He had 64 yards on 22 carries. Lufkin ran for 83 as a team.

Newspaper stats never match up exactly for some reason, so which stats are actually accepted for the actual  players official record?   I noticed that same for the AMC game, the Bryan-CS Eagle had slightly different stats that Lufkin Daily., same with Longview Journal.  Guess the home newspaper is the official means of record.

5 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Newspaper stats never match up exactly for some reason, so which stats are actually accepted for the actual  players official record?   I noticed that same for the AMC game, the Bryan-CS Eagle had slightly different stats that Lufkin Daily., same with Longview Journal.  Guess the home newspaper is the official means of record.

I trust most everybody else’s over our own lol.. Thanks though PA. 

7 hours ago, LTown said:

I talked to 2 of them last night and they wasn't happy and they words was there is horrible coaching going on out there once again 

Well it takes a while for some folks. 

3 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

I ain’t gonna lie. Purplenation had me rolling when he said green needed to turn in his playbook and go back to 6th grade PE 🤣

That was true I said the very same thing last season and got back lashed but now everyone see like ,59 Chevy wish we could see old thread from last season.when I started classification or talent. Green don't care he believes he is smarter than everyone else from my conversation with him and coach quick loyalty is putting him in a bad situation  enjoy reading the board probably the only good thing to me about football season.some great observation from members just wish it was something that someone could have done before we got to this point. Out of Hope 🙏🙏🙏🙏

11 minutes ago, Lennie said:

That was true I said the very same thing last season and got back lashed but now everyone see like ,59 Chevy wish we could see old thread from last season.when I started classification or talent. Green don't care he believes he is smarter than everyone else from my conversation with him and coach quick loyalty is putting him in a bad situation  enjoy reading the board probably the only good thing to me about football season.some great observation from members just wish it was something that someone could have done before we got to this point. Out of Hope 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Man I been cussing the staff for years on here lol 

But yeah. Scott Green is one of the most arrogant people you could a conversation with. He ain’t done nothing. Had NFL and D1 talent carry his no play calling self along. 

How many coaches have passed through the Lufkin portal that have moved on to be a HS HC or asst college coach? I know the OC who originally came with Outlaw from Sherman ended up at SDST, then Rick Cullum OC (2001-2002) became HC at Willis. Someone help me here, Ralph Thomas AD/HC Yates, Dixon AD/HC Crocket now DC Yates, Fancher Katy Tompkins, Jamie Bridges Katy Paetow, Adrian Adams HC Emery won a State Title in 2015. He is now HC/AD at Allen Acdemy (Bryan). There are others.

My point, normally these OC and DC coordinators are looking to lead their own programs, if they are accomplished coordinators, schools come looking for them. Green has been OC here since 2003. 

There were reasons a few of those former asst and ex Panther asst moved on, they were never going to be given an opportunity to move up to be a CO or main asst. Those guys could have made a greater difference while here. Lufkin was just a stepping stone for them to move onto better opportunities for them.  Some of them may get another opportunity again to come back to Lufkin, this time in a leading capacity.

23 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

How many coaches have passed through the Lufkin portal that have moved on to be a HS HC or asst college coach? I know the OC who originally came with Outlaw from Sherman ended up at SDST, then Rick Cullum OC (2001-2002) became HC at Willis. Someone help me, Ralph Thomas AD/HC Yates, Dixon AD/HC Crocket now DC Yates, Fancher Katy Tompkins, Jamie Bridges Katy Paetow, Adrian Adams HC Emery won a State Title in 2015. He is now HC/AD at Allen Acdemy (Bryan). There are others.

My point, normally these OC and DC coordinators are looking to lead their own programs, if they are accomplished coordinators, schools come looking for them. Green has been OC here since 2003. 

Lufkin is an easy gig once you in a leadership position. I doubt Green has seriously thought about moving on. I'm sure he could've moved many times over. He has had some good years here. Not always the best in crunch time. He had the offense humming during the Stubblefield and Kordel Rodger years. Unfortunately those were some of our worst defensive years. I hate to even think about how it was under the former DC. Moving on outside of the Lufkin bubble puts your job at risk. He has forged 20 years of relationships here, with people who make or can influence those decisions. He knows he safe here. Schools in bigger districts or outside of Lufkin wouldn't think twice about telling him to find another gig. The same can be said about Quick now and when he was a DC. 

You think back to 2017 when coach Holman took over as DC. He came in from Chapel Hill and had HC experience in Houston before that. He got the defense back on track and left after a few years here. To accept the HC/AD job in Tatum. Coaches like that are alway looking for the next opportunity to build something. It's a luxury to get a guys like Surratt or Dodge to stay any length of time after having so much success. I think Green is just hanging around and waiting for his turn. He knows he set if it happens. 

23 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Lufkin is an easy gig once you in a leadership position. I doubt Green has seriously thought about moving on. I'm sure he could've moved many times over. He has had some good years here. Not always the best in crunch time. He had the offense humming during the Stubblefield and Kordel Rodger years. Unfortunately those were some of our worst defensive years. I hate to even think about how it was under the former DC. Moving on outside of the Lufkin bubble puts your job at risk. He has forged 20 years of relationships here, with people who make or can influence those decisions. He knows he safe here. Schools in bigger districts or outside of Lufkin wouldn't think twice about telling him to find another gig. The same can be said about Quick now and when he was a DC. 

You think back to 2017 when coach Holman took over as DC. He came in from Chapel Hill and had HC experience in Houston before that. He got the defense back on track and left after a few years here. To accept the HC/AD job in Tatum. Coaches like that are alway looking for the next opportunity to build something. It's a luxury to get a guys like Surratt or Dodge to stay any length of time after having so much success. I think Green is just hanging around and waiting for his turn. He knows he set if it happens. 

His turn here?????  Why????   

Left out Holman coming through here, stayed 2-3 years, moved on to Tatum as HC and now he's back home as Jacksonville HC/AD. One note on Holman, he told Quick when he came here he was looking to move up to a HC position elsewhere if offered, and he did.

22 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Are you saying green waiting for his turn like he the next HC? 

6 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

His turn here?????   No comment at this time.

Left out Holman coming through here, stayed 2-3 years, moved on to Tatum as HC and now he's back home as Jacksonville HC/AD. One note on Holman, he told Quick when he came here he was looking to move up to a HC position elsewhere if offered, and he did.

I remember hearing that. He wasn't looking to just camp out in Lufkin for the next 10-20 years. I think it's great when you have a great coach and he stays for the long haul. King has made his home in Longview and has kept that program competitive. But when you have a staff like ours that has done very little. It is hard to justify them still being in those positions. And this is not a knee jerk reaction by fans after a few seasons. We have been at this for over a DECADE now. 

1 minute ago, Jon Moxon said:

Are you saying green waiting for his turn like he the next HC? 

Thats my gut feeling. Maybe he just loves being in Lufkin and working as Quick OC. Quick stayed with Outlaw for many years too. 

I hope the program goes outside of Lufkin when that time comes. Some think they will just hand it over to Green. I find that hard to believe after the lack of success they have had. But stranger things have happened here.

2 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

If Lufkin moves in from Quick I don’t think many will be retained and I think the new coach will definitely come from outside the program. I’ve heard whispers that I’m sure others have too but all those are, are whispers for now. 

They will have to keep some if new HC wants coachs to come from programs in bigger districts. Lufkun don’t pay like Katy and Allen does. They prolly dont even compare to Tyler or Longview. 

25 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Thats my gut feeling. Maybe he just loves being in Lufkin and working as Quick OC. Quick stayed with Outlaw for many years too. 

I hope the program goes outside of Lufkin when that time comes. Some think they will just hand it over to Green. I find that hard to believe after the lack of success they have had. But stranger things have happened here.

Whew! There was some minor hyperventilation when I read that, mind just locked up on that thought, and was not in a positive way. Sorry, don't support such a move.