2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, PackAttack said:

This stuff has made me SMH a thousand times the past 11 years, it's why I feel unsettled no matter the quality of talent.

Those McKinney Freshmen were not very good. In fact, it will be good to see how well our Freshmen and JV do against Legacy tomorrow. 

Frankly, I've got a few nerves going getting the season started.

I don't think our Freshmen are going to be good. Kedren Young little brother is a heck of a player but after that I didn't see much vs Huntsville. As for JV you just can't put much stock in those games. The best 10th graders are gone and they don't even coach to win JV games in Lufkin. They will literally run the clock out in a one possession game. Freshmen will be a good indicator of the future not so much JV.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

I don't think our Freshmen are going to be good. Kedren Young little brother is a heck of a player but after that I didn't see much vs Huntsville. As for JV you just can't put much stock in those games. The best 10th graders are gone and they don't even coach to win JV games in Lufkin. They will literally run the clock out in a one possession game. Freshmen will be a good indicator of the future not so much JV.

The current freshmen weren’t good as 8th graders so. The 7th grade last year was horrible too. So do we have anything coming up after this current group? 

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

You know that not winning at the JV level goes all the way back to the Outlaw years.  He put much more emphasis on winning at the Varsity level than the JV. Quick has understandably carried that tradition over in his tenure here, but his cards haven't fell the same way. Longview just likes to slobber knock you at whatever level they play, whether it be MS, Fresh, JV or Varsity.  I don't go to see many JV games for the very reason PurpleNation was talking about. They do not get a lot of preparation time because they are always the scout team for the Varsity.

15 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

The current freshmen weren’t good as 8th graders so. The 7th grade last year was horrible too. So do we have anything coming up after this current group? 

That's depressing, not going to think about for next couple of years. Don't think Quick will still be around to deal with it then.  Heck, I may not be around to see it either. Oh well.B)

33 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

The new group of current 7th graders will have some star power at the skill position just have to find some lineman but it's still early. 

19 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

That's depressing, not going to think about for next couple of years. Don't think Quick will still be around to deal with it then.  Heck, I may not be around to see it either. Oh well.B)

Maybe they will develop more then I think but this year and the next two afterwards should be fun. I really think we will be a title contender in 24. That defense is going to be out of this world and offensively they will be a problem too. This is the year before the year in my eyes. I just think they have a legitimate shot next season.

DCTF District 7-5A DI picks Week 1:

Lancaster a 40 pt favorite at Dallas Skyline.

Longview a 3 pt underdog at Mckinney

Tyler Legacy a 5 pt underdog at Lufkin.

Crandall a 7 pt underdog at Forney.

West Mesquite a 26 pt underdog at Dallas Kimball

Marshall a 19 pt favorite at Tyler.

North Garland a 19 pt favorite at North Mesquite

McKinney North a 8 pt favorite over Garland.

DCTF is picking this game close, + 5 points on Lufkin's side. Beau Trahan is an excellent coach, first year at TL, those Legacy guys will be ready to play when they get to Lufkin.

Lufkin 35 Tyler Legacy 28

29 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

DCTF is picking this game close, + 5 points on Lufkin's side. Beau Trahan is an excellent coach, first year at TL, those Legacy guys will be ready to play when they get to Lufkin.

Lufkin 35 Tyler Legacy 28

If we can only beat legacy by a TD, then you can forget about playing with Longview/Lancaster lol 

29 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

If we can only beat legacy by a TD, then you can forget about playing with Longview/Lancaster lol 

Yeah I'd be a little disappointed but Legacy returns 15 starters. They just did not look good on film. I don't see how they stop our run game and I don't think they will be able to run it. Maybe Legacy is better then I'm giving them credit for but I just don't see it.

41 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

DCTF probably doesn't think Lufkin can play with Longview or Lancaster either. I think differently, and that's why you play the games. 

IMO Lufkin has two quality teams to play in non district that will test them, Tyler Legacy and for sure A&M Consolidated. We'll know something before the Panthers get to Longview or Forney on the schedule.

47 minutes ago, timeout! said:

JV down 20-6

3:51 left

Is there a reason this group has not used a FG kicker for the second straight year? They just go for 2pt conversions.

PN mentioned he was not sure what the FRESH had this year.