2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Do our sub varsity teams offer anything this year? I heard the fish are pretty bad 

I'm sorry to always use Longview or Carthage, but they are the closest to us, they just do a great job of developing teams in their MS system, and continue the building with sub varsity.  I actually know nothing about what is coming up the pipeline for Lufkin, and frankly believe that there will be a fresh set of eyes to lead that group in the near future. This may be ONE big year for Lufkin because of the abundance of talent, but we have known these kids were there since their freshmen year.  It goes back to building a winning program, what do you see in that regards here?  Be honest. Also why we will never be that perennial play program again as long as this same culture of thinking and leadership exist here.  Did you know you can still be undefeated even if you don't win all your games. I did not know that. LOL

Keelon Russell QB Duncanville 2024

You see what happens when you have some great trainers and the school, Duncanville impliments his full talents into their offense, not confining him to just the OCs style of play.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/6XoaHRnqhg4Dysze/?mibextid=D5vuiz

DCTF Computer Predictions - Week #1 for teams from District 9-5A DI:

Longview a +11 point favorite over Lufkin

Spring DeKaney  +6 point favorite over PA Memorial

Aldine Eisenhower a +9 point favorite over Beaumont Westbrook

Baytown Sterling a +8 point favorite over Baytown Memorial

Houston Bellaire a +11 point favorite over Beaumont United

Barbers Hill a +17 point favorite over New Caney

Manvel a +7 favorite over Galveston Ball

4 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Longview should be favored over us! The past few games have been blow out city!!!

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I think yalls game and Beaumont United game will be closer than what DCTF has. The rest of it looks on point to me. 

11 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

You wanna sell that?? 

Helmet belongs to someone else that will not part with it.  Then you played with David Abney back then.  His son Tyler Abney grew up and played for the Panthers in 2014 in both football and baseball. 

18 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Helmet belongs to someone else that will not part with it.  Then you played with David Abney back then.  His son Tyler Abney grew up and played for the Panthers in 2014 in both football and baseball. 

Dang it! Lol… Not me, that was pimpthepen that played in those days. 

I done a project for the amazing folks that own Lufkin bottling and they hooked me up with a sweet helmet that has a couple of autographs on it. J Lane is one of them. I come across folks quite a bit that have old memorabilia and I always shoot my shot đŸ¤£Â 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Dang it! Lol… Not me, that was pimpthepen that played in those days. 

I done a project for the amazing folks that own Lufkin bottling and they hooked me up with a sweet helmet that has a couple of autographs on it. J Lane is one of them. I come across folks quite a bit that have old memorabilia and I always shoot my shot đŸ¤£Â 

People all over town have classic Panther football items and helmets. I had many old Sideliner shirts and ball caps in storage going all the way back to 1996. Still have a 2001 State Champ jersey, a couple pieces of the stands of old Panther Stadium, and a couple very old mint condition Panther wrist watches. Not for sale. LOL Gave away a bunch of those Sideliner shirts, caps, playoff rally towels, seat cushions, cow bells and foam footballs a couple years ago, one was a 1998 Panther helmet, donated it to local charity group for auction. It was during my cancer treatment time, my frame of mind was there was no need to hang on to those things not used anymore. Today, everything is fine. My son may want the few things I still have and its not much. At one time in my life, would have never considered parting with any of those Panther items. Time and events in life changes the importance of having things, when you realize nothing last. Man, It was a fun and memorable journey with my family during those great football years, I will never forget them. Maybe this years team will bring back some of that greatness.

#28 was Stephen Coker P/K on 2001 team.

20200721_165625.jpg

20200721_142119.jpg

20200421_130811.jpg

26 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

People all over town have classic Panther football items and helmets. I had many old Sideliner shirts and ball caps in storage going all the way back to 1996. Still have a 2001 State Champ jersey, a couple pieces of the stands of old Panther Stadium, and a couple very old mint condition Panther wrist watches. Not for sale. LOL Gave away a bunch of those Sideliner shirts, caps, playoff rally towels, seat cushions, cow bells and foam footballs a couple years ago, one was a 1998 Panther helmet, donated it to local charity group for auction. It was during my cancer treatment time, my frame of mind was there was no need to hang on to those things not used anymore. Today, everything is fine. My son may want the few things I still have and its not much. At one time in my life, would have never considered parting with any of those Panther items. Time and events in life changes the importance of having things, when you realize nothing last. Man, It was a fun and memorable journey with my family during those great football years, I will never forget them. Maybe this years team will bring back some of that greatness.

#28 was Stephen Coker P/K on 2001 team.

20200721_165625.jpg

20200721_142119.jpg

20200421_130811.jpg

Man those are awesome. I have an old ticket book someone gave me completely full with all the game tickets, 1972 season I believe, I’ll have to double check. I have the helmet, which is from the early 2000’s with a few signatures on it, I also have some of the turf that came off the field before they installed this last turf. So I guess from around 2010 or so? I also have a LP sign from the locker room area from when the new gym was being built, they had some new signs and things going up in and around abe and I was able to get my hands on a good sign…. I don’t have any jerseys though. I offered $1,500 for a 2001 championship helmet with McNeals signature on it from a guy but that was a big NO lol 

17 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Anyone remember these LP helmets from the Pat Culpepper days around 1988-1991?

FB_IMG_1721005960448.jpg

Has Chad ever shown his helmet collection on here? Sully you should definitely post some of the helmets you made. I got this Longhorn helmet he made that looks ridiculous. Looking at it right now. His work and collection is unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Has Chad ever shown his helmet collection on here? Sully you should definitely post some of the helmets you made. I got this Longhorn helmet he made that looks ridiculous. Looking at it right now. His work and collection is unbelievable.

He makes them? That’s bada$$

10 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

He posted several photos of his creations a couple years ago or so. Fine work. 

On 8/28/2024 at 4:58 PM, pimpthepen said:

One thing about those guys, they are hyped about their football, and do a 1st class job of promoting that sport. They are are all in. Lufkin use to be this way until the slow slide into the canyon.  Leadership bears the brunt of Lufkin not being a top football program most of the last 12 years. The difference has been night and day between the two programs. Quick can talk all day long about high expectations and missing the mark is not acceptable here, but his results the last 4 years tell a much different story. Doesn't matter if we are playing in a district of doom or not, Outlaw use to win those districts hands down. Just so tired of that coach speak, and being unable to even finish 4th these past 3 years for a playoff spot. We will all talk after this opening game, and we will know a lot more, and maybe it will be everything we've known all along.