2024 Lufkin Panthers Baseball

Great season boys! I’ll tell ya. When we’re playing error free and smart baseball we are state champion material. You won’t find a better baseball team. We tend to get sloppy at times defensively and unfortunately that’s what done us in. That was a tough one. Probably the toughest one to swallow in the Cobb era. Time will tell. Proud of the boys and good luck to all of the seniors moving forward. I wish nothing but the best for those guys. ------ of an effort in 2024. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI -  Frisco Lone Star defeated Forney last night 2-0 at Dallas Baptist University Field.  The game did not start until 10 PM because of weather in the area.  Game #2 will be played Thursday at 8 PM, a 3rd game if needed will be played on Saturday.

The fact is, Forney can't hit and if not for a couple unfortunate errors by the Panthers on Saturday, Lufkin would have been playing in Tyler last night.

Lone Star is no where as good as Lufkin. Forney lead Lone Star 9-0 in bottom of 5th.  Lone Star pitching tonight is all over the place. 

Sure makes one appreciate the three great pitcher Lufkin had this year in Hillis, Lindsey and Knight.  We may not a combo like that for several seasons to come.

• 2 weeks later...

UIL baseball state tournament

Class 6A

All games at Dell Diamond, Round Rock

Semifinals
Lewisville Flower Mound (40-5) vs. Pearland (36-8-2), 4 p.m. Friday
Tomball (39-3) vs. San Antonio Johnson (33-11), 7 p.m. Friday
Championship: 4 p.m. Saturday

Class 5A

Semifinals
Lucas Lovejoy (29-7-2) vs. Magnolia West (26-14-1), 4 p.m. Thursday
Grapevine (38-5) vs. Leander Rouse (34-9-1), 7 p.m. Thursday
Championship: Noon, Saturday

Class 4A

All games at UFCU Disch Falk Stadium, Austin

Semifinals
Corpus Christi Calallen (36-9) vs. Longview Spring Hill (30-10-1), 1 p.m. Wednesday
New Braunfels Canyon (30-8-1) vs. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (31-9-1), 4 p.m. Wednesday
Championship: 6 p.m. Thursday

Class 3A

Semifinals
Corpus Christi London (39-3) vs. Brock (34-3), 9 a.m. Friday
Gunter (37-1) vs. Franklin (33-5), noon, Friday
Championship: 9 a.m. Saturday

Class 2A

Semifinals
Collinsville (38-3) vs. Centerville (25-5-2), 4 p.m. Wednesday
Flatonia (28-6) vs. Hawley (25-9), 7 p.m. Wednesday
Championship: Noon, Thursday

Class 1A

Semifinals
Fayetteville (17-4) vs. Abbott (16-9-1), 9 a.m. Wednesday
Ira (22-0) vs. Chester (24-10), noon, Wednesday
Championship: 9 a.m. Thursday

Guess most here had figured out that Lucas Lovejoy swept :ph34r: Forney out of the playoffs 2-0, winning 8-5 and 6-2.

Spring Hill still playing in the Semi Finals. Lufkin beat them in a warmup game 10-4 going into the playoffs.

Really pulling for 1A Chester to bring a title home.  It would be great for that little town.

23 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Guess most here had figured out that Lucas Lovejoy swept :ph34r: Forney out of the playoffs 2-0, winning 8-5 and 6-2.

Spring Hill still playing in the Semi Finals. Lufkin beat them in a warmup game 10-4 going into the playoffs.

Really pulling for 1A Chester to bring a title home.  It would be great for that little town.

Forney scared me more than Lovejoy did. I didn’t like the matchup because of the small ball and defense they play. Mirrored Lufkin too much. Lufkin would have beaten Lovejoy. No doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Forney scared me more than Lovejoy did. I didn’t like the matchup because of the small ball and defense they play. Mirrored Lufkin too much. Lufkin would have beaten Lovejoy. No doubt about it. 

We had Forney 3-0 in the 6th of the deciding game.  Lufkin had been stellar defensively all playoffs, just 2 miscue's late made the difference.  We were better than Forney,  no excuses just didn't hold on to the lead. That's baseball. Still a great year for Lufkin, and I'm really glad Forney got swept.  They can put those broom's where the sun don't shine now.

On 6/6/2024 at 5:38 PM, PackAttack said:

We had Forney 3-0 in the 6th of the deciding game.  Lufkin had been stellar defensively all playoffs, just 2 miscue's late made the difference.  We were better than Forney,  no excuses just didn't hold on to the lead. That's baseball. Still a great year for Lufkin, and I'm really glad Forney got swept.  They can put those broom's where the sun don't shine now.

Yep. Forney fan base is right up there with whitehouse on my personal shyt list lol 

• 1 month later...
2024 Blue Bell/Texas Sports Writers Association Class 5A all-state baseball team.
Honorable mention - Pitcher: Kaleb Hillis, Lufkin, TX SR..

GK2Yl6bWAAAihvU.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...