2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here what the know it all of Lobo Football thinks about Lufkin's chances Friday. 

"Naw, I said they (Lufkin) were improved. But it (Lufkin) won't be anything we haven't seen already.

9 of 11 on McKinney's defense will play FBS ball, and they (Lobo O) practice against Coach Berry and that Lobo defense everyday. Iron sharpening iron.

The same Lobo defense that hasn't allowed a single runner to go north of 33 yards this year, despite seeing D1 RBs thus far.

350, 300, 250 yards....I'm not sure what (Lobos) we'll get. But you aren't going to silence Tatum. McKinney didn't, it takes a lot more than talent to bottle him up. You'll have to scheme it up too like Aledo did."

Have faith fellow Panther and Lady Panthers. I rarely play the lotto but i did this week and let me tell you. I only lost a 20. Which tells me someone is due for a winner. I can tell you for a fact that the L will be victorious come friday night!  I have no shame in saying that a team will win! Only haters will say its fake! 🎱 bazzinga!

6 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Here what the know it all of Lobo Football thinks about Lufkin's chances Friday. 

"Naw, I said they (Lufkin) were improved. But it won't be anything we haven't seen already.

9 of 11 on McKinney's defense will play FBS ball, and they (Lobo D) practice against Coach Berry and that Lobo defense everyday. Iron sharpening iron.

The same Lobo defense that hasn't allowed a single runner to go north of 33 yards this year, despite seeing D1 RBs thus far.

350, 300, 250 yards....I'm not sure what (Lobos) we'll get. But you aren't going to silence Tatum. McKinney didn't, it takes a lot more than talent to bottle him up. You'll have to scheme it up too like Aledo did."

Our defensive line is a lot better then McKinney's. When it's all said and done this defense is going to have 7-8 kids play college football. Take away Tatum long TD run and see how effective he was against  McKinney. They were having to line him up at wildcat. They even brought out the 7th grade special halfback toss pass. This Longview team isn't no where close to what it was last season and that reality is going to set in Friday night.

52 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1057382035266811/?app=fbl

Now you guys can see what the hype is about and he's doing this on a bad football team. 

Judging by the current Freshman and JV talent,  Wallace would provide a big addition for the 2024 and 2025 teams.

2 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

I got em going on the Longview board 😂 

Okay, you made me go look over there.  This game just needs to be played, saying less is more for me at this point. Lobo fan predicting a 42-14 Lobo win, he is only covering the DCTF +27 prediction.  SMH. Then again you have folks over there making predictions about things who never touched the field in HS football or any other HS sport for that matter. Lufkin has nothing to lose in this game, all the pressure is on the Lobos to defend their #2 ranking at their place.  Their greatness will ooze all over us as we enter their stadium. 

IMO Kedren Young is just as good as Taylor Tatum pound for pound.  If the Lufkin OL can have a decent night blocking, maybe Kedren will get to show his talent in front of the Longview fans. Must keep an eye on Tatum wherever he goes on the field. The Longview O goes as Tatum goes, they have other good talent in their O, but none like Tatum. 

My prediction is Lufkin is going give Longview a tough game, the Lobos go to Lancaster the next week, then after an off week they head to Forney.  Their players respect Lancaster much more than Lufkin, they believe they have this game at home already in their hip pocket. They're fans feel the same way, it's those road games to Lancaster, Forney and McKinney North that are on their mind.  Lobo fans have little respect for the Lufkin program, their players or coaches right now. 

Those guys don't even give Kedren Young proper credit, they rank him a few notches below Tatum, even saying the McKinney RB was much better. It's only jealousy, cause Young is headed Notre Dame, they disrespect on anyone that has success other than a Lobo.  Do they ever get tired of stroking themselves?  There is no other HS fan base like them in Texas, no way, and no where else. You have to treat them like that drunk uncle that only comes to visit once a year.  Really glad when he finally leaves, and burn the towels.

19 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

My prediction is Lufkin is going give Longview a tough game, the Lobos go to Lancaster the next week, then after an off week they head to Forney.  Their players respect Lancaster much more than Lufkin, they believe they have this game at home already in their hip pocket. They're fans feel the same way, it's those road games to Lancaster, Forney and McKinney North that are on their mind.  Lobo fans have little respect for the Lufkin program, their players or coaches right now. 

Those guys don't even give Kedren Young proper credit, they rank him a few notches below Tatum, even saying the McKinney RB was much better. It's only jealousy, cause Young is headed Notre Dame, they disrespect on anyone that has success other than a Lobo.  Do they ever get tired of stroking themselves?  There is no other HS fans base like them in Texas, no way, and no where else. You have to treat them like that drunk uncle that only comes to visit once a year.  Really glad when he finally leaves, and burn the towels.

I think Lancaster is going to be an easier game then AMC.

3 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I think Lancaster is going to be an easier game then AMC.

Why do you believe this? They seem to have many FBS or P5 players on that team this year?  I know they have two losses, and played the toughest non district schedule of any 7-5A team.

11 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Why do you believe this? They seem to have many FBS or P5 players on that team this year?  I know they have two losses, and played the toughest non district schedule of any 7-5A team.

I probably shouldn't have said easier. I don't think Lancaster has better coaching then AMC and I don't think there as good as they were last season. Maybe I'm off but I didn't see anything from Lancaster last season that makes me think we can't play with them again. Especially when we have a better roster and they're not quite what they're from last season. 

FYI - College Station is a -2 point underdog at home to (1-2) Georgetown by Pigskin Prep next week.  This is an off week for them.  Even though Lufkin was a -5 point underdog last week and beat AMC, AMC still remains ahead of Lufkin in the rankings.

DCTF/Pigskin Prep Comprehensive Texas High School Football Computer Rankings — Week 4 - 7-5A DI

Overall ** #1 - Aledo  #2 -Smithson Valley  #37  - A&M Consolidated

7-5A DI:

#3 - Longview

#9 - Lancaster

#20 - Forney

#31 - McKinney North

#36 - Tyler

#40 - Lufkin

#64 - West Mesquite

#86 - North Mesquite

11 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

FYI - College Station is a -2 point underdog at home to (1-2) Georgetown by Pigskin Prep next week.  This is an off week for them.  Even though Lufkin was a -5 point underdog last week and beat AMC, AMC still remains ahead of Lufkin in the rankings.

DCTF/Pigskin Prep Comprehensive Texas High School Football Computer Rankings — Week 4 - 7-5A DI

7-5A DI:

#3 - Longview

#9 - Lancaster

#20 - Forney

#31 - McKinney North

#36 - Tyler

#40 - Lufkin

#64 - West Mesquite

#86 - North Mesquite

No respect 

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

7-5A DI:

#3 - Longview

#9 - Lancaster

#20 - Forney

#31 - McKinney North

#36 - Tyler

#40 - Lufkin

#64 - West Mesquite

#86 - North Mesquite

Just goes to show you those rankings are meaningless. Nobody in there right mind would favor JT over us right now. 

Longview fans seem to believe they're as good as last season. I just don't see it when you replace a WR like that and a QB that started for 3 years. Tutt is a noticable down grade and they refuse to believe it. One more day and we can stop all the talking. I just don't want any excuses. I'll own it if Longview puts it on us but if it's not will they?  or will they go to the bag of excuses the usual it was more their fault then the other team. Can't wait.

Not sure how to think about rankings, either by DCTF, AP vote, or by using Pigskin Prep Computer analysis. 

The computer rankings are probably no better of any of the other polls, They're based on multiple team comparison formulas and such. What a computer can not tell you is the lack of stats when you sit your starters a full half of two games.  I can not discount that A&M Consolidated is not equal to Longview or Lancaster.   There are some real thoughts over Lufkin OL having slow starts against teams like Legacy, NAC and AMC too.  Not kidding myself here, the Lufkin defense is head and shoulders better than last season, we know the Lufkin offensive skilled players are better and deeper than last year too.  Their success still sits with the success of the Panther OL. Quick has praised them just this week, just keep pounding away until something breaks. Going against an elite Longview front 7 this week will present their greatest challenge to date, we will see if they are up to the task. 

This is not a game to play with your head or thumb stuck up your rear. No room for not wanting to dish out more than your getting. If your non aggressive for this game?, then excuse yourself to the bench. I use to revel in games like this. 

Just being honest, the Pack OL must hold up against Longview, it will totally affect how successful Young or Philips will be in the running game. The Panther passing game has to come through too, that way the Panther defense is not put out there on a narrow ledge. TJ had a tough game last year at home, he wants to be better this year, all the Panthers want to be better this year, can the Lufkin OL find their groove to make a difference on the Lobo home turf?  Not going to mention the kicking game, don't want to talk about it. Not hard to fix if you want it fixed IMO.

Want to say something before this game. There are some out there just waiting to have their " I told you so moment".   It's not going to happen here, cause no one has said we will beat Longview, we are just wanting to see big improvements in the Panther program, a sign they can compete for the playoffs. Anything else positive that transpires Friday, we will take it and be happy.  We are here to support these kids, and win or lose, I am going to do that very thing.  Longview's football program is at a level we wish to be, we once were. This 2023 group of Lufkin kids want to play with the best, and I believe they will give their best shot tomorrow evening. 

No one here has made unreasonable expectation against Longview, we just want to compete well with them. Whatever happens this year is going to happen. We all know or think we know the programs perceived weakness, we are not going to rehash that here, as has been done year after year after year.   Too much time wasted talking about certain things none of us can do anything about. The kids all think differently than many of us here on this site anyway, so I choose to just support the kids and hope they are able to have great success playing the game of football they love, and have played since their childhood.  Most will never play again after high school, Kendren Young and a few others will be the fortunate ones. Sometimes I think we forget this, and don't enjoy watching them play as they pass through the program.  May these kids play their hearts out tomorrow in Longview, I'll be there, then I'll be ready for the next game.  Go Pack!