2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

On 9/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, PurpleNation said:

I also ran into ole Chadalac at the last Lufkin game. He can't deny it 😂. I think the magic 8 ball is back in play.

Not to creep you out but….. that was an AI that ive been developing. On the outside still as ruggedly handsome as ever. On the inside its full of space age technologies. Also comes equipped with a can opener, blender and am/fm radio.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, timeout! said:

He pretty savvy and has some grit to him. Been a starter since his freshman year, so he some experience. We did a great job of containing him last year. Looking forward to seeing our team get tested again. 

His Father and Grandfather were QBs at Texas A&M.

1 hour ago, timeout! said:

AMC JV - 34

Lufkin JV - 0

Half

I know it's just JV and things change when they get older. But you hardly see Longview sub-varsity teams losing like this. I've watched some of their games versus us and other teams. They play the same way on all levels. 

Signs of a good program 

I know, I know, the JV is mainly the scout team for the Varsity, they probably get less preparation overall during the week. That's the way it's been here for many years now. I believe the current Varsity group was more an exception to the rule and coaching went out of their way to help them to be successful as Freshmen and JV.  It has not been the general practice here since the Outlaw days. We like to think it's because we play so many Sophs on the Varsity. SMH  That's a terrible loss to take.

2 hours ago, timeout! said:

40-0 F

I believe in setting high expectations at all levels. 

How does a coach look at his kids in the eyes and explain something like this. You can't, and we are expecting a really good team next year.  SMH, I'll shut up now. 

55 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Yep. Lufkin better do something this year or next, because the groups behind them have nothing nor do they have anybody in this lame a$$ program going all in to help them be something. 

I’ve beat this horse dead. But I’m afraid if they aren’t winning now in the sub varsity levels. It’s not going to magically get better on varsity after this talent leaves. 

13 hours ago, Pack13 said:

I’ve beat this horse dead. But I’m afraid if they aren’t winning now in the sub varsity levels. It’s not going to magically get better on varsity after this talent leaves. 

That is an obvious contemplation by many . 

16 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I know, I know, the JV is mainly the scout team for the Varsity, they probably get less preparation overall during the week. That's the way it's been here for many years now. I believe the current Varsity group was more an exception to the rule and coaching went out of their way to help them to be successful as Freshmen and JV.  It has not been the general practice here since the Outlaw days. We like to think it's because we play so many Sophs on the Varsity. SMH  That's a terrible loss to take.

Freshmen is the only indicator. The JV is a rag tag group. You can't take anything from these scores. We lost to Nac one year on JV only to beat them 55-7 the next year.

4 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Freshmen is the only indicator. The JV is a rag tag group. You can't take anything from these scores. We lost to Nac one year on JV only to beat them 55-7 the next year.

I'm taking your word for it.  All I'm really looking to see right now is the success of this Varsity group this year and next year.  

10 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I'm taking your word for it.  All I'm really looking to see right now is the success of this Varsity group this year and next year.  

The best 10th graders are on varsity. This freshmen group was neck and neck with Longview freshman last year and that was without there best player who moved away. Had he played in that game they beat Longview easily. He's gonna move back to Lufkin either next year or his SR season. That group is going to be just fine. I would worry more about the current freshmen and the current 7th and 8th graders probably won't be to good either. Now they have a pretty big group of younger kids that will have a chance but it's just way to early to tell until they hit middle school and see how they develope