2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

13 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Longview and McKinney in a tight game at the end of one quarter. McKinney up 7-0

Longview will have to dig deep for this one. McKinney is much bigger and faster. Longview haven't helped themselves with penalties. 

Longview has actually called a nice game. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Longview will have to dig deep for this one. McKinney is much bigger and faster. Longview haven't helped themselves with penalties. 

Longview has actually called a nice game. 

McKinney 14 Longview 7 halftime   TO have played a part.

2 hours ago, timeout! said:

JV down 20-6

3:51 left

Is there a reason this group has not used a FG kicker for the second straight year? They just go for 2pt conversions.

If you believe you can convert over 50% of your two point attempts on the season why wouldn’t you go for two every time?

Good game. Longview should've won that one. Too many mistakes against a quality opponent. McKinney is stacked with D1 talent all over the place. Longview was methodical with the way they played. Stuck to what they do best, and mixed in a few things to catch McKinney off guard. And the Longview defense showed up. King teams usually get better as the year goes on. So they'll be fine. 

42 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Another season of hearing Lobo fans talk about what they didn’t do rather than what the opponent did do lol.. If they play a tight game or lose, it’s never because the other team is better. 

The game was tighter than is should have been.  The Lobos will need to stay in games with that lock down defense and  find ways to be creative with Tatum. AKA running the ball, catching the ball and throwing the ball, until they find a QB. They did not find one tonight. McKinney had lots of issues throwing the ball as well, about an even trade off. 

You always knew the Lobos were in the game and keeping it close. they have a way of doing that, you can not let up for a moment with them.

16 minutes ago, timeout! said:

So that's the reasoning for it? I'm in the dark on what motivates these coaches. 

There was a coach In Arkansas that would do this. Never punted and only did onside kicks. Numbers supported it but goes against football tradition. I think at the high school level I wouldn’t kick either. Your telling me you’d bet against our offense scoring from the 2 with Kedren and Gavin?

27 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Good game. Longview should've won that one. Too many mistakes against a quality opponent. McKinney is stacked with D1 talent all over the place. Longview was methodical with the way they played. Stuck to what they do best, and mixed in a few things to catch McKinney off guard. And the Longview defense showed up. King teams usually get better as the year goes on. So they'll be fine. 

That Lobo Defense is Legit.  Hard to block those guys.

29 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

There was a coach In Arkansas that would do this. Never punted and only did onside kicks. Numbers supported it but goes against football tradition. I think at the high school level I wouldn’t kick either. Your telling me you’d bet against our offense scoring from the 2 with Kedren and Gavin?

I don't know if I would take it that far. But I wouldn't mind bringing back the swinging gate. I agree about Kedren and Gavin on the goal line. That should be as automatic as you can get. 

2 hours ago, Pack13 said:

Pulaski Academy

11 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Another season of hearing Lobo fans talk about what they didn’t do rather than what the opponent did do lol.. If they play a tight game or lose, it’s never because the other team is better. 

Yeah oh boy didn't want to give McKinney any credit last night. Outside the one Tatum run they pretty much bottled him up. McKinney is a very good team. Both teams made mistakes and tried to give the game away. 

10 hours ago, PackAttack said:

The game was tighter than is should have been.  The Lobos will need to stay in games with that lock down defense and  find ways to be creative with Tatum. AKA running the ball, catching the ball and throwing the ball, until they find a QB. They did not find one tonight. McKinney had lots of issues throwing the ball as well, about an even trade off. 

You always knew the Lobos were in the game and keeping it close. they have a way of doing that, you can not let up for a moment with them.

Yeah Longview looked very one dementional. Most teams won't be able to expose them in 5A like McKinney did. That defense they have is big time though. I think Lufkin defense is probably just as about as good as McKinney is with the exception of S play. Maybe not quite McKinney level this year but next season they will be better than that. Now the Tutt kid has a nice play fake and that probably has more to do with who he is faking it to. So Lufkin will have to trust it's front 7. But as far as alignment Lufkin is going to run a very similar defense as McKinney did. 3 down lineman and 2 OLBs walked up.

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

Now that Lobo defense looked as advertised. That's another story 😂

Yeah man, they ain’t no joke 😂.. And we all know they get better as the season goes on over there. Just ready to see the pack tonight. I’ve been hearing about the group, it’s time to see some action 👀

Kedren Young has 2,639 career rushing yards, which puts him within range of Jorvorskie Lane’s school record.

Lane set that record from 2002-04 before moving on to the college ranks at Texas A&M and the NFL with Miami and Tampa Bay.

Lane finished his historic Lufkin career with 3,767 yards, meaning, Young would need 1,129 yards this season to break that mark. He finished last year with 1,666 yards and only missed hitting triple digits as a sophomore due to a late-season injury.

He already has four of the top five single-game rushing performances in Lufkin school history, including a record-breaking 317 yards against McKinney North.

That broke the record previously held by Denvis Manns, who rushed for 303 yards against Marshall in 1994.

Young has three of the other top five games in Lufkin history, including a 262-yard performance against A&M Consolidated last season. In that game, he broke the school record with a 99-yard rushing touchdown against a team that entered the night ranked in the Top 5 in the state.

The Lufkin Daily News/ Josh Havard picks Lufkin over Legacy 34-21

LPS/ Pack Attack picks Lufkin 35-28 over Legacy.  This is the first game of the season. Always cautious with season opening games, so maybe it's better for me to just pick a winner and leave out a score prediction. B) I am quite curious and anticipatory to see the Panthers begin the season, there are a few nervous jitters too, and I'm not playing! LOL

Go Pack!

There was another score of interest last night that was not Longview and McKinney.

5A DII Texas High defeated 5A DI - Ranked #7 Frisco Lone Star 48-40 Thursday evening in Texarkana.

5 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

We gone start with a bang. 

Pack 42 

Legacy 21 

That would be quite good. This reminds me of something.

Oh yea, "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before!"