2023 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Pack05 said:

I agree . I been saying all hands on deck after missing playoffs last 2 seasons 

Gavin has been good enough to play varsity since he was a freshman. I'm just glad they found a role for him but I'm with you. He needs to play both ways this year with Kedren being the featured back.

52 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Menefee and Davis will start. Booker and Hood should be the next two but the position coach likes the two little SRs in front of them. Nothing against those kids but they're like 5'6 and 5'7 respectively and 140lbs. Booker is 5'11 185 and Hood is 6'0 190. We will see how the scrimmage goes tonight just something to watch.

Interesting. Who is position coach? Is it an experience thing? I would want the bigger guys at OLB.

59 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Interesting. Who is position coach? Is it an experience thing? I would want the bigger guys at OLB.

I think its more experience. Good thing is they have some depth. The defense is going to be good this year. One thing to watch tonight is the play of the safeties. They moved a  SR WR over and I think he might start at one of the spots. 

46 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I think its more experience. Good thing is they have some depth. The defense is going to be good this year. One thing to watch tonight is the play of the safeties. They moved a  SR WR over and I think he might start at one of the spots. 

Name of WR moved to Safety?  I will pay attention this evening. Not sure how long I will be there in this heat, but I'm going to give it a go.  It has to be either Brayden Murphy or Amarion Campbell.

Hopefully will pick up a new roster this evening too.

39 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

I can't see Kedren getting more then a few carries tonight. Maybe a series in the controlled portion and one in the live portion if any. Should be a good night to see what all you got and just work on the little things you need to. 

Yea he won’t see much action . He doesn’t have anything to prove to anybody 

A quick reminder to everyone who goes out to the stadium tonight. Unless they have changed their schedule, the concession stands have not been open for past  scrimmages at ABE. 

If they are open today, that's a great decision, but I've seen nowhere that has been announced, so bring your hydration with you just in case.

If they are open, just take your stuff in, then maybe donate $5 to the Band Boosters. I'm taking a water and a Powerade myself.

I like everything I've witnessed so far. There is a much different demeanor to this 2023 Panther team. 

Don't know how Huntsville is ranked  in their district this year. Talking to a couple of their fans, they are expecting big things to happen.

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

Really our 2's played well for the most part. Those last 2 drives had some 3's in at Corners and FS. Lufkin absolutely dominated tonight.

I gotcha.. I saw some of the 1st qtr during live action. Looked like Huntsville was outmatched to me. Like you said, Lufkin 1’s run them out of the stadium. 

We looked decent. Hard to tell during a scrimmage and all the backups in and out. One thing we do have is depth at defensive line..who is #73? That guy is nasty down there and has a mean streak. Plenty of size in that area. Could just be me, but we seem a little on the smallish side for some reason. Lufkin will have to continue improving though out the year. 

Gavin will be a load this year. Sure hate the coaches had him stuck on the sub varsity teams for 2 years. 

The back Qb will be nice after a year on varsity. I can see the potential there. Just need some more seasoning. 

Overall great,  did not like the brain fart at the end giving up the TD, but whatever. The coaches had seen all they wanted, and was evidently more important for Huntsville to win at the end. 

Lufkin is a better team by far than last year, and someone has already mentioned, our 2s got a lot more work tonight than our 1s. 

All good for me.