2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

I hate it. He looked really solid tonight too. Coutee was his favorite target. Things were looking extremely consistent. I pray it’s not season ending. 

We get little snippets of what this team could be fully healthy. I know that's a luxury most years in football. But if we could have Johnson, Coutee, Kevo, Preston, Gavin and the others out there. I think we could really do some damage come playoff time. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

No Preston. No Kaden Hooper. Lose Johnson. Waters gets banged up.  Panthers still win 32-14.

Those coaches have more gahones than me to run the ball and settle for the punt or 4th down run to keep the clock running late in the 4th.

Our special team again was a huge asset, won the field position battle, it was key and kept BH trying to make long drives. Great saving tackle on the punt return by Hansard. 

Panther D figured it out, wore down BH in the 2nd half.  Some of their guys were banged up too.  BH had their chances and just missed on a couple shots down the field to #2. We had a chance in the end zone too. Panthers finally win a big important game at home. 

Coutee is going to  to be the guy at QB for a while longer, will need to find out about Johnson.

Phillips had the BIG night!!!!!  I called it.

Defense had 2 INTs and 2 fumble recoveries.  That is 16 take a ways for the season.

Really proud for the kids tonight.   Green did not want to throw the ball late, he wanted to run that clock. It does drive me crazy watching it,  clock management is so tricky, like rolling the dice.  This time it worked.

Hope we can get a bunch of those kids back next week for West Brook, and off week comes after that, it will be a good time for the team to get healthy.

I don’t blame him for some of the play calling late. The defense was doing their job. We have a great special teams. Don’t really blame him in this game. Now past games with  clock management and playcalling…definitely lol 

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I don’t blame him for some of the play calling late. The defense was doing their job. We have a great special teams. Don’t really blame him in this game. Now past games with  clock management and playcalling…definitely lol 

Yeah I thought Green called a heck of a game tonight. Got a little conservative towards the end but I totally understand it. With the 3 score lead just bleed the clock and get outta there with the dub. Defense was lights out in the second half. 16 take aways is unreal. Coach Sodi has done a heck of a job. Best defense in 20 years. 

15 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Yeah I thought Green called a heck of a game tonight. Got a little conservative towards the end but I totally understand it. With the 3 score lead just bleed the clock and get outta there with the dub. Defense was lights out in the second half. 16 take aways is unreal. Coach Sodi has done a heck of a job. Best defense in 20 years. 

Yea, he’s a great coach (not green lol) 

1 minute ago, PurpleNation said:

Done for the season.

He didn't play tonight at all, right. That is too bad for him. He got hurt playing late 4th quarter of a 56-0 game with Nac. SMH

Just now, timeout! said:

I know injuries are part of the game and can happen anytime. But it irks me when a key player gets hurt playing late in a blowout. 

Yeah apparently it was way worse then Initially expected. It's a tough blow but the defense is still more than capable. #10 Lara was a starter last year. So we still have a guy with a ton of experience. 

I’ll admit they are doing better than I thought. Don’t know what changed but that’s a discussion for another time. The line has played surprising well this year. Hate to see kids going down senior year. Hope Preston and hooper make full recoveries. 

10 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Yeah apparently it was way worse then Initially expected. It's a tough blow but the defense is still more than capable. #10 Lara was a starter last year. So we still have a guy with a ton of experience. 

Baily Murphy - 34 T - 4 TFL and Keithan Davis -  23 T - 5 TFL have had great years too.

4 minutes ago, Pack13 said:

I’ll admit they are doing better than I thought. Don’t know what changed but that’s a discussion for another time. The line has played surprising well this year. Hate to see kids going down senior year. Hope Preston and hooper make full recoveries. 

What's changed is they have a strong SR class with a ton of experience and that matters in HS football. They might have 10+ kids sign on signing day to play at some level of college football and we have drastically improved at the QB position. 

13 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

What's changed is they have a strong SR class with a ton of experience and that matters in HS football. They might have 10+ kids sign on signing day to play at some level of college football and we have drastically improved at the QB position. 

I remember posting on here about the 7th and 8th grade teams when they played LV and nac middle schools. I knew they would be good but not this good. Very good group. Hate we can’t see them at their full potential because of injuries. 

Port Arthur Memorial  34   Beaumont United    0

Galveston Ball 45  Baytown Sterling  0  Thurs night

Highland Park 35  Tyler 9

Nacogdoches 25  Jacksonville 12 

Huntsville  42  West Fork  7   Thurs night

Longview  off

I want to say that as this game progressed tonight that big OL for BH got worn down. Our DL of Alexander, Williams, McClendon, Johnson and others slowly took the starch out of those guys. In the end you could tell they where just spent and didn't have much left.  Hats off to the Lufkin front 7.  If BH had not had #2 Morton, they didn't do much else tonight.

1 hour ago, PurpleNation said:

I thought he was supposed to return to action soon?

Barbers Hill fans are not taking this loss well. Talking about some shady calls during the game. Personal fouls happen because you do something that the official deems inappropriate.  No shady calls just some intimidation tactics that backfired.  That #2 Morton kid is special, he is their offense if they can't run the ball.   

Good Game Pack! Very proud of you guys.

4 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Barbers Hill fans are not taking this loss well. Talking about some shady calls during the game. Personal fouls happen because you do something that the official deems inappropriate.  No shady calls just some intimidation tactics that backfired.  That #2 Morton kid is special, he is their offense if they can't run the ball.   

Good Game Pack! Very proud of you guys.

It’s sad their kids were behaving like that. They need to be more focused on stuff like that, which represents the school in a negative way instead of hairstyles. But that’s just my little opinion. I’m glad the pack sent a message to them tonight. Just hate we lost a few guys doing it. 

49 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

It’s sad their kids were behaving like that. They need to be more focused on stuff like that, which represents the school in a negative way instead of hairstyles. But that’s just my little opinion. I’m glad the pack sent a message to them tonight. Just hate we lost a few guys doing it. 

Welll, we technically have been playing without Johnson most of the year now, Big Hoop hasn't been there since NAC game and Preston may return at some point, ,hopefully Johnson can recover too.  Waters looked a little banged up too but walked off the field.  Thankful for so much senior depth on this team., the camaraderie of this team is amazing.