2024 LUFKIN PANTHER VARSITY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION TOPIC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the opportunities we should be up 32 -7.  TO inside the 20 and missed FG. This BH offense is scarey, we can't miss any opportunities to score.

Looks like Johnson's should again, oh well.

2 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

With all the opportunities we should be up 32 -7.  TO inside the 20 and missed FG. This BH offense is scarey, we can't miss any opportunities to score.

I don’t know about 32-7. Barbers Hill missed a few opportunities as well

2 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I hate it for Johnson. He looked good tonight. Tough loss if he’s out. If so, we have to find a backup for Coutee. 

6 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

That kid for BH is the real deal. He's the best player we have faced this season by far. BH goes as he goes. Defense has started to settle in but it's gonna be a fight to close it out. Need to get a stop to start the 2nd half. We have to finish.

Definitely need a stop to start things 

6 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Okay 32-14. Just saying.

What happen to Johnson?

We have left between 6-10 points on the field and they dropped a sure TD. So I'd say Lufkin should have anywhere from 28-32 to 21. They only have one kid that we have to stop. He's a really good one but at some point he's gonna gas. They really wanna get #28 going but they haven't had any real success running the ball outside of the QB

No Preston. No Kaden Hooper. Lose Johnson. Waters gets banged up.  Panthers still win 32-14.

Those coaches have more gahones than me to run the ball and settle for the punt or 4th down run to keep the clock running late in the 4th.

Our special team again was a huge asset, won the field position battle, it was key and kept BH trying to make long drives. Great saving tackle on the punt return by Hansard. 

Panther D figured it out, wore down BH in the 2nd half.  Some of their guys were banged up too.  BH had their chances and just missed on a couple shots down the field to #2. We had a chance in the end zone too. Panthers finally win a big important game at home. 

Coutee is going to  to be the guy at QB for a while longer, will need to find out about Johnson.

Phillips had the BIG night!!!!!  I called it.

Defense had 2 INTs and 2 fumble recoveries.  That is 16 take a ways for the season.

Really proud for the kids tonight.   Green did not want to throw the ball late, he wanted to run that clock. It does drive me crazy watching it,  clock management is so tricky, like rolling the dice.  This time it worked.

Hope we can get a bunch of those kids back next week for West Brook, and off week comes after that, it will be a good time for the team to get healthy.

I will man up and admit when I'm wrong. Quincy at QB was the absolute right call to back up Johnson. The way he continues to make plays at both Qb and WR has been a huge asset to the team. He has quickly became my favorite player.

#2 for BH is a ------ of player. We couldn't stop him from getting open most of the game. Glad there were some drops and overthrown passes.

Man Johnson has looked solid this year. He could really be something special if we can keep him on the field. I'm starting to get concerned about his durability. Poor kid is yet to finish a varsity game, without having some type of injury forcing him to leave the field. Hope his shoulder is ok and he can make a return after the bye week.

1 minute ago, timeout! said:

Man Johnson has looked solid this year. He could really be something special if we can keep him on the field. I'm starting to get concerned about his durability. Poor kid is yet to finish a varsity game, without having some type of injury forcing him to leave the field. Hope his shoulder is ok and he can make a return after the bye week

I hate it. He looked really solid tonight too. Coutee was his favorite target. Things were looking extremely consistent. I pray it’s not season ending. 

3 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I hate it. He looked really solid tonight too. Coutee was his favorite target. Things were looking extremely consistent. I pray it’s not season ending. 

Yep, i feel bad for him. Hope he’s able to come back and play the rest of the way. Him and waters. Preston as well. It seems every time we have a good team….key injuries at some point happened, either to our QB or receiver. Hate it.