Pool C Lufkin 30, Whitehouse 28 Longview 20, Hallsville 7

Lufkin now playing Hallsville.

Tyler SQT

Pool A Terrell 26, Mesquite Poteet 25 Kaufman 26, Tyler Legacy 19

Pool B Mesquite Horn 14, Mt Pleasant 0 Tyler Chapel Hill 26, Greenville 13

Pool C Lufkin 7, Hallsville 6 Longview 20, Whitehouse 7

8 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

7-6 against Hallsville? Did we change the roster? 🤣

Well.......could not make connections. QB is raw talent.  Best game of the day was Longview, they have not been quite the same since.  Good D most of the day by Lufkin.

53 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Well.......could not make connections. QB is raw talent.  Best game of the day was Longview, they have not been quite the same since.  Good D most of the day by Lufkin.

Missing a few kids on defense. They had only been practicing 7 on 7 for a week. Going to be much better when the pads come on.

18 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Terrell beat Horn 32-31 in OT.  Terrell and Lufkin about to play.

Wonder what a 3 way tie breaker is. Guessing point differential 

Had to read the fine print. Most points advances and then the 2 reamaing teams will go off head to head.

25 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Wonder what a 3 way tie breaker is. Guessing point differential 

The schedule showed Lufkin to play Terrell and then Horn.  I'm pretty sure Terrell advances to State with this win. 

Lufkin has had lots of trouble scoring in these last two games.  Just can't make the catch or the throw needed.  Not taking anything away from Hallsville or Terrell, they played good D too.  Still got some work to do. 

12 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin has had lots of trouble scoring in these last two games.  Just can't make the catch or the throw needed.  Not taking anything away from Hallsville or Terrell, they played good D too.  Still got some work to do. 

Have they started the Horn game yet? Can you give a HT update if possible 

13 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Johnson strength will be in the run game and off script plays. They just started practicing 7 on 7. Some teams run real plays and other teams run 7 on 7 gimmick plays. Can't believe they got up 26-0 over Longview. Something tells me we will be ready in a few months for that one. 

4 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Johnson strength will be in the run game and off script plays. They just started practicing 7 on 7. Some teams run real plays and other teams run 7 on 7 gimmick plays. Can't believe they got up 26-0 over Longview. Something tells me we will be ready in a few months for that one. 

Mesquite Horn beat Lufkin 34-20 to Qualify for State.  Lufkin never played the same after the Longview game.  I was expecting more of the same after the Longview, that seemed to be the highlight of their day.  

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Mesquite Horn beat Lufkin 34-20 to Qualify for State.  Lufkin never played the same after the Longview game.  I was expecting more of the same after the Longview, that seemed to be the highlight of their day.  

They will be much better in pads. 7 on 7 is not exactly the strength of the offense with a QB like we have. Got some work in today and it's always good to beat Longview in anything you play lol. 

On 6/8/2024 at 2:03 PM, PurpleNation said:

They will be much better in pads. 7 on 7 is not exactly the strength of the offense with a QB like we have. Got some work in today and it's always good to beat Longview in anything you play lol. 

It's not just the QB making connections, our WRs have trouble getting loose from tight coverage, and 7 on 7 on a 45 yd field is tight coverage.  Agreed, 7 on 7 is absolutely no indication of anything in pads. I'm not thinking anything one way or another.  

Mike Mosley just picked up an ETBU offer. He wasn't at the 7 on 7 event this weekend but was camping at different schools. I think he's in for a big SR season he is every bit of 6'2 190 lbs. I expect some FBS schools will enter the race before the season is over. 

3 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Mike Mosley just picked up an ETBU offer. He wasn't at the 7 on 7 event this weekend but was camping at different schools. I think he's in for a big SR season he is every bit of 6'2 190 lbs. I expect some FBS schools will enter the race before the season is over. 

Good to hear this news, Mosley also has some wheels too.  PN you said they were missing a few this weekend, then again I would not have known the difference.  Should get my DCTF magazine next week, should have some good information.  Honestly I'm expecting really great things this year, but I'm not betting with any certainty, and it doesn't have anything to do the players or talent.  I have to feel that way based on past results.

On 6/9/2024 at 8:50 PM, PackAttack said:

Good to hear this news, Mosley also has some wheels too.  PN you said they were missing a few this weekend, then again I would not have known the difference.  Should get my DCTF magazine next week, should have some good information.  Honestly I'm expecting really great things this year, but I'm not betting with any certainty, and it doesn't have anything to do the players or talent.  I have to feel that way based on past results.

Hood also wasn't there which I believe he will be more of an edge rusher this year. At least that's how I would deploy him. Not sure if Hatton made it or not. Also not sure what all the offense was missing. I think they had pretty much everyone. I'll double check.

Was trying to load some pictures from the tournament but the file is to big. They got a perfect shot of my son intercepting the pass against Terrell when they were about to score.

45 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

Hood also wasn't there which I believe he will be more of an edge rusher this year. At least that's how I would deploy him. Not sure if Hatton made it or not. Also not sure what all the offense was missing. I think they had pretty much everyone. I'll double check.

Was trying to load some pictures from the tournament but the file is to big. They got a perfect shot of my son intercepting the pass against Terrell when they were about to score.

Matt Stepp said he thought the Panthers were the best looking team on the hoof in Tyler.