Scrap Bookin' G-Maw

I just wanted to let you all know that my mother, Mary Thompson, also known at the "Scrapbookin' G-Maw" passed away this morning. She had made many Lufkin Panther Scrapbooks over the years and given them to several of the players. Jovorski Lane was the recipient of the first 3 books. All the remainder were given to a senior player each year. I can't recall all their names, but despite being a die hard Texas Aggie Fan, she did send a few books to Oklahoma and even that little college in Austin! I know for certain she will have the best seat in the house on Friday night as she cheers on her Panthers from Heaven.

My deepest sympathy and prayers for your loss. To know your family as long as I have makes me feel this loss much more. My apologies too for not posting about her illness before now, because you told me about it last Friday night. She lived a good 88 years and was one of the greatest Lufkin Panther anything fan around. Those scrapbooks will always mean something to those players that were lucky enough to receive one. As the scripture speaks, this world is not our home, however the Panther Nation has lost a true patron.