Sign in to follow this  
PackAttack

2020 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL General Discussion

The Big 12 Conference has opted to move forward with fall football and released a "9+1" 2020 schedule.

Days after the Pac-12 and Big Ten decided to cancel fall football and push it to the spring, the Big 12 has doubled down on playing in the fall. 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/08/12/big-12-moving-ahead-with-fall-football-releases-2020-schedule?ref=article_preview_img

This is good news for Texas High School Football to make the effort to push through for a season.

I had covid last month. Outside of not being able to smell or taste for 3 days nothing at all completely normal. I also watched someone that was diabetic have same symptoms and just like me did just fine with it. Everything is so political with this I'm not sure what to think.

4 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

I had covid last month. Outside of not being able to smell or taste for 3 days nothing at all completely normal. I also watched someone that was diabetic have same symptoms and just like me did just fine with it. Everything is so political with this I'm not sure what to think.

So glad you have recovered.

Christian Diaz, Journie Thomas, A J Montgomery and a couple others that I do not know their name.  Working out catching a few during some training exercises.   We are told that Journie Thomas,  an underclassman, has a huge upside to being another JaLynn Polk or JaBryce Taylor type outside WR for Lufkin over the next couple of years.  6-1 or 6-2 now ,  mentioned he had 4.4 - 40 time in track.

With the Big Ten and PAC 12 cancelling their fall football schedule, there will now be a new Top 10 or 15 in NCAA Football.  The Big Ten and Pac 12 both said they would consider a spring season, no guarantees there from those two.  When the Falls football starts, they are going to either look real bad or real good depending on how the COVID chips fall.  Leave Nebraska alone, they want to play in the fall,  despite their critics from the Big Ten.    Hope they can find a way to pull off a schedule.

Here a new Top 20  Pre Season picks for NCAA Football -  minus the Big Ten and Pac 12 .  

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Georgia 

4. Oklahoma

5. LSU

6. Florida

7. Notre Dame

8. Texas

9. Texas A&M

10. Auburn

11. Oklahoma State

12. North Carolina

13. UCF

14. Cincinnati

15. Miami

16. Baylor

17. TCU

18.Virginia Tech

19. Tennessee

20. Iowa State

Still, an impressive list of teams and talent. If I were a College Football fan who lived in the Northern or the Western part of the U.S., it probably sucks to be a fan at this moment.

When it comes to getting the 2020 high school football season off the ground amid the coronavirus pandemic, only one thing is certain – nothing is certain. That's the prism start dates across the country should be viewed through.

As of August 12, 35 states still plan to play this fall with Utah the first to get underway Aug. 13 and running through an early October start in New Jersey.

14 states and the District of Columbia have already announced intentions to push their seasons back to sometime in 2021 while 2 other states have yet to make it official one way or the other.

See where things stand – tentatively – in all 50 states and D.C. below.

FALL 2020
State – Start Date / Original Start Date
Utah – Aug. 13 / Aug. 13

Alaska – Aug. 20 / Aug. 20
Indiana – Aug. 20 / Aug. 20
North Dakota – Aug. 20 / Aug. 20

South Dakota – Aug. 20 / Aug. 20
Tennessee – Aug. 20 / Aug. 20
Alabama – Aug. 21 / Aug. 21

Arkansas – Aug. 23 / Aug. 23

Idaho – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27
Iowa – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27

Michigan – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27
Montana – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27
Nebraska – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27
Texas – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27 * (1A -4A)  Sept 24/Sept 26 * (5A-6A)
Wyoming – Aug. 27 / Aug. 27
Missouri – Aug. 28 / Aug. 28

Ohio – Aug. 28 / Aug. 28
Oklahoma – Aug. 28 / Aug. 28
West Virginia – Sept. 3 / Aug. 24
Georgia – Sept. 4 / Aug. 20
Kansas – Sept. 4 / Sept. 4
Maine – Sept. 4 / Sept. 4
Mississippi – Sept. 4 / Aug. 28

New Hampshire – Sept. 4 / Sept. 4

Kentucky – Sept. 11 / Aug. 20
Pennsylvania – Sept. 11 / Aug. 28
Rhode Island – Sept. 11 / Sept. 11
Massachusetts – Sept. 14 / August 17
New York – Sept. 21 / Aug. 24
Wisconsin – Sept. 23 / Aug. 20
Connecticut – Sept. 24 / Sept. 10
South Carolina – Sept. 25 / Aug. 20
Arizona – Sept. 30 / Aug. 19
New Jersey – Oct. 2 / Aug. 28
Louisiana – Oct. 8 / Sept. 4

* Classes 6A and 5A will start five weeks later with games beginning Sept. 24.
** Some regions to be determined.

SPRING 2021
State – Start Date / Original Start Date
California – Jan. 8 / Aug. 21
District of Columbia – Feb. 22 / Aug. 28
Colorado – Feb. 22 / Aug. 27
North Carolina – Feb. 26 / Aug. 20

Virginia – March 1 / Aug. 28
New Mexico – March 4 / Aug. 17
Nevada – March 5 / Aug. 14

Washington – March 8 / Sept. 4
Oregon – March 8 / Sept. 4
Illinois – TBD / Aug. 28
Minnesota – TBD / Aug. 28
Maryland – TBD / Sept. 4
Hawaii – TBD / Sept. 4
Delaware – TBD / Sept. 11
Vermont – TBD/ Aug. 28

TO BE DETERMINED

State – Original Start Date
Florida –  Aug. 20

With 12 States and the District of Columbia not playing fall football, there has been a huge uptick of transfers to States who are playing fall football.   I mentioned this would happen for a couple reasons. One, early graduation of recruited scholarship offered players who want to be at their respective colleges for spring football.  Second, players needing to still get noticed by scouts in order to receive a scholarship to play at a college next season.  

Many reports out there of this happening.  Just two that I have read talks about players from Colorado transferring to Arizona HS to play, whole families moving.  Another story about California players and their families transferring to Iowa .    These players are not waiting to play HS football in the spring.

https://qctimes.com/sports/high-school/football/trickle-of-high-school-transfers-may-become-a-tidal-wave/article_35b7ab82-82fd-5e57-a954-fa29f08fe855.html

https://www.kcci.com/article/out-of-state-high-school-players-relocate-to-iowa-for-football/33515882#

This is a total crock of mess, play your non conference in the fall, but we are not playing conference games until the spring because of COVID safety????.  What a total freaking mush of insanity.

https://www.ktre.com/2020/08/13/sfas-conference-only-play-non-conference-football-schedule-fall/

Southland Conference to play non conference fall football but not conference football until spring.   I give up.  I'm so frustrated with all this stupid mess, where COVID and so many other things have all been mixed together to control in some cases our most simple freedoms. Be careful with this, because you wont realize what you've lost, 'till it's gone.

15 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

This is a total crock of mess, play your non conference in the fall, but we are not playing conference games until the spring because of COVID safety????.  What a total freaking mush of insanity.

https://www.ktre.com/2020/08/13/sfas-conference-only-play-non-conference-football-schedule-fall/

Southland Conference to play non conference fall football but not conference football until spring.   I give up. I'm so frustrated with all this stupid mess, where COVID and so many other things have all been mixed together to control in some cases our most simple freedoms. Be careful with this, because you wont realize what you've lost, 'till it's gone.

Lmaooo. That might just be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. 

Just like some schools have stated that if any kid shows up with any kind of symptom like runny nose for example, they will send that kid home for 14 days along with any relative that attends that school with them. I mean seriously? Why even try to do In person learning then lol My kids have runny noses pretty often at times because they are kids 

It's not really about COVID or student safety,  it's about the $2M SFA or other Soutland Conference schools would lose by not playing those non-conference games. 😎

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

It's not really about COVID or student safety,  it's about the $2M SFA or other Soutland Conference schools would lose by not playing those non-conference games. 😎

Truth 

20 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Glad you and the other individual recovered Book. Don’t understand the last part of your post. Everyone situation is different. Some people don’t go through much and make full recoveries like yourself. Others may have lasting effects to their health, such as heart damage after they’ve recovered. Also, some people of course die from it. Can’t compare every situation to your own. 

22 hours ago, PurpleNation said:

Except for the ones who are 6 feet under right now. Unfortunately your experience doesn't represent everyone. Glad you recovered though.

10 minutes ago, timeout! said:

Except for the ones who are 6 feet under right now. Unfortunately your experience doesn't represent everyone. Glad you recovered though.

I’m willing to bet the flu would’ve killed 90% of the ones Covid has killed. My grandpa is 86 years old, lung cancer survivor and has COPD and survived Covid. Everyone is different yes. Same goes year round with the flu. Some people get hospitalized with it. Some people don’t even miss a day of work. 

3 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

I’m willing to bet the flu would’ve killed 90% of the ones Covid has killed. My grandpa is 86 years old, lung cancer survivor and has COPD and survived Covid. Everyone is different yes. Same goes year round with the flu. Some people get hospitalized with it. Some people don’t even miss a day of work. 

What?!!