PackAttack

LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL 2019

30 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Going out on a limb here to say I think the game tonight @ Nacogdoches will be much tighter than many are thinking.  The Nagcogdoches D only gave up 224 yards to Kilgore and had a 14-10 lead with a little over a minute left  in the game.  The Dragons made too many mistakes and penalties to get the win.  Just saying the Dragon defense is quite decent.  Lufkin cn't take this game lightly.  My prediction is Lufkin   31  -  21

The only reason why i would be happy about that score is because we made a fg. Other than that.....i hope not. But nothing would surprise me now lol

I hope we shut them out lol! Also for lufkin fans going to the game. Don't be freaking disrespectful and throw your trash out. in the school parking lot because you are too lazy to find a trash can! Last time we were there i watched multiple panther fans put garbage out of their car onto the ground. Thats just sorry honestly. I picked it up and threw it in the trash can right by the vehicles. Im stepping off of my soap box now! 

Longview 17-0 over Marshall at the half.

Alvin Shadow Creek up 42-0 over Magnolia at halftime.

Highland Park beating Mesquite Horn 31-13 at halftime. Horn beat John Tyler 39-17 last week.

Nothing to really say this should always be that type of game with them. LV destroyed Marshall. Just like last year LP was the only real test for  LV for the majority of the season. Just get ready for District and stay healthy. I would only play my JV against the Mexico team so glad they are stopping that farce of a game really does nothing for your team but injury potential. 

Go Pack

Chad,  Thank you for posting the scores.  Left my phone in my truck tonight and it was too hot for me to walk back out to the parking lot for it.  Thanks again.

On the game tonight.  I was wrong with my prediction, way off.   Nacogdoches has a new coach and all, but it is going to take time to build a program there.  They don't have it right now at the sub varsity either.  So, I don't know what to say.

Lufkin came out tonight a little slow but not for long, took care of business like they should have and got the win on the road.  Caleb Berry did not play and everyone else picked up the slack and did well.  The Defense was lights out all night long.  NAC had one long play all night, but most of the time were playing behind the sticks.

Good game to find your rhythm and build some confidence moving forward.  Mexico team is next, so it may be another opportunity to hone the skills to get ready for district play.

Thought everyone played well as a whole, right down to the special teams.  Very good solid team win.

On the Nacogdoches Stadium, I have to give a shout out to some things they do better than we do at Abe Martin.  First the Brisket Sandwiches and Street Tacos were out of this world .  The camera/ Video screen  operators and the music they play,  is just better and louder than we do at Abe.  I like the new LED stadium lighting, I bet that saves the school a ton of money on operations.   Also liked their introduction Highlight Video.     Some people have put some forethought into being better over there on some things.  Seating still is an issue  and the sound system is awful, but they have come a long way the last couple of years with a few additions to their stadium.

District 8-5A DI SCORES:  Week 2

Conroe Caney Creek 42 vs Houston Pro-Vision Academy  13
Lufkin  44   @ Nacogdoches  0
Magnolia 0 @ Alvin Shadow Creek  49
Magnolia West  21 vs Sheldon King  26
Tomball 42 vs Santa Fe  14
Waller  13 @ Brenham  38
Willis  20 vs Montgomery Lake Creek  17

PA, I’m with you on the tacos and the stadium. I called out our guys on the other forum. Nac facilities aren’t better, but they do a great job with what they have to work with. It’s organized and video screen/PA announcer and the highlight vid kinda similar to what West had last season....was all great. We really need to get it together. 

Proud of this Pack team for the shutout though. 

10 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

District 8-5A DI SCORES:  Week 2

Conroe Caney Creek 42 vs Houston Pro-Vision Academy  13
Lufkin  44   @ Nacogdoches  0
Magnolia 0 @ Alvin Shadow Creek  49
Magnolia West  21 vs Sheldon King  26
Tomball 42 vs Santa Fe  14
Waller  13 @ Brenham  38
Willis  20 vs Montgomery Lake Creek  17

This district......goodness 

NACOGDOCHES — A tough loss in the opener left the Lufkin Panthers focused on finishing games. A lightning fast start sparked by a lights out defense rendered the finish irrelevant as the Panthers pounded the rival Nacogdoches Dragons 44-0 at Dragon Stadium on Friday night.

Jerrin Thompson’s 77-yard pick six gave the Panthers a 31-0 lead before the half on the way to a convincing win, their fifth straight over the Dragons.

That was the highlight of a night in which Lufkin allowed a total of 142 yards while keeping Nacogdoches off the board.

“I was pleased with the way the defense played after the ball was snapped,” Quick said. “Keeping them off the board while using quite a few guys was a good sign for us. We put a lot of presssure on them up front and had the guys in the back make plays.”

Jordan Moore led the Lufkin offense with 132 yards on 9-of-13 passing. He also added three rushing touchdowns. Ja’Lynn Polk just missed out on another 100-yard game as he finished with 93 yards on six receptions.

Meanwhile A.J. Montgomery led Lufkin’s runners with 58 yards and a score on nine carries.

“I thought we did a better job on that side of the ball tonight,” Quick said. “We had a short field for a lot of the night, and we did a good job of taking advantage.”

The game was a defensive battle early on before the Panthers’ offense got going late in the first quarter.

After a Romel Garcia sack led to good field position for the Panthers, the Panthers’ offense took advantage with Jordan Moore being pressured in the backfield before scrambling for a two-yard score that made it 7-0 with 3:11 left in the first quarter.

After another Nacogdoches three and out, Lufkin drove inside the Nacogdoches 10 before settling for a Caleb Encarnacion 25-yard field goal that made it 10-0 nine seconds into the second quarter.

Nacogdoches’ next drive ended with another big play by the Lufkin defense as Jamarcus Ingram recovered a fumble near the sideline deep inside Dragons’ territory.

Three plays later, Moore ran the option to perfection as he scored on a 17-yard quarterback keeper for a 17-0 advantage.

Lufkin continued to pour it on later in the half when A.J. Montgomery took a hard shot near the end zone but still fell over the goal line for a five-yard touchdown run that made the score 24-0.

Nacogdoches finally got its first big play of the night when Jake Smith hit Jatavious Deckard for a 50-yard pass that moved the Dragons to the Lufkin 25.

Even that play was quickly forgotten as Jerrin Thompson stepped in front of a Smith pass and raced 77 yards for a pick six, making the score 31-0 at the half.

In the opening half, Lufkin held Nacogdoches to 102 total yards, including just eight on the ground.

Lufkin took advantage of good field position throughout the half, scoring 31 points on 198 yards. Moore threw for 84 yards on 12-of-16 passing.

Ja’Lynn Polk caught five passes for 45 yards and Keshawn Clark and A.J. Montgomery combined for 97 yards on 12 carries.

Lufkin’s offense kept up the pressure on the Dragons as Polk hauled in a 48-yard pass from Moore then drew a pass interference call in the end zone.

Moore took it into the end zone from one yard out, making the score 37-0 early in the third quarter.

Lufkin’s special teams got into the scoring act for the final score as a blocked punt was recovered in the end zone by Jamorian Johnson, making the final 44-0.

The Panthers (1-1) will return to action at 7:30 Friday night when they play host to Redskins del Estado.

Josh Havard’s email address is jhavard@lufkindailynews.com.

They say a PICTURE is worth 1000 words....... Bugg Thompson with a PICK 6 for TD

5d73373e1b3a7.image.jpg