PackAttack

LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL 2018

Believe me there are plenty of guys on the JV that can replace Davis, Jackson and Phillips. There's always the next guy to Step Up and be part of the Lufkin Panther tradition. Who would have thought that Phillips would be the running back he was last year. Nobody. Fields stayed hurt so much the last two years it's hard to know how effective he was for Lufkin. When he was in there healthy he was awesome but he missed half the games in two years. Davis came on strong in 2016 when we switch to the 3-4 defense. He can be replaced believe me. Jackson was mostly a diversion the last part of the season, playing hurt and not needing to have another concussion. There are talented kids in the waiting that can't wait to be a part of this 2018 Panther team.

32 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Believe me there are plenty of guys on the JV that can replace Davis, Jackson and Phillips. There's always the next guy to Step Up and be part of the Lufkin Panther tradition. Who would have thought that Phillips would be the running back he was last year. Nobody. Fields stayed hurt so much the last two years it's hard to know how effective he was for Lufkin. When he was in there healthy he was awesome but he missed half the games in two years. Davis came on strong in 2016 when we switch to the 3-4 defense. He can be replaced believe me. Jackson was mostly a diversion the last part of the season, playing hurt and not needing to have another concussion. There are talented kids in the waiting that can't wait to be a part of this 2018 Panther team.

Good post. I agree and I’ve seen the JV. I know we have some talented kids down there. But i don’t want to take away what those kids did for us last season. Just hoping we can replace them with some more talented kids at those key positions. That’s it. Regardless, mostly hope the coaches can get it together. We have a chance to do something special with the talent that we’ll have in 5A next season. Don’t want to waste it. 

We graduate talent every year, really good talent and we always wonder how we will replace them, but there is always somebody that fills the gap. It happens every year, year in and year out. There are always seniors leaving and there's always the young ones stepping up to fill the voids, every team everywhere does this every year. I have lots of faith and expectations from those who are returning this year and the new talent that will arrive to help build the future of Lufkin Panther football.

Counting Down The Top Players in Each State!! The Elite 11 *TEXAS** 2020 Safeties!

DXuZJ8fX0AA-uVH.jpg

DXuYNu2VMAA11i2.jpg

18 hours ago, PackAttack said:

The scheduled will be out by Spring football.

Wish I knew why it takes so long. One school already has theirs out so at least for the district games things must be set.

I think everybody knows their schedule by now. I just don't think anybody's has them published except Magnolia. I've been checking everywhere for schedules and very few people if any have them out right now.

2018 Tomball Football Schedule

8/317:30p

9/77:30p

9/152:00p

9/287:30p

10/57:30p

10/127:30p

10/197:30p

10/267:30p

11/27:30p

11/97:30p

2018 Magnolia Bulldogs Football Schedule.  This is the only one I could find out there for District 8-5A. Still looks like they are needing a 3rd non district game.

8/317:00p

9/7 7:30p

9/287:30p

10/57:30p

10/127:30p

10/197:30p

10/267:30p

11/27:30p

11/97:30p

2018 LUFKIN PANTHER FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

8/31 - @ Longview

9/7 - Nacogdoches @ Abe

9/14 - Monterrey Prepa Tech @ Abe

9/21 -  OPEN WEEK

9/28 - @ Willis

10/5 - Magnolia @ Abe

10/12 - @ College Station     

10/19 - Tomball @ Abe

10/26 - @ Magnolia West

11/2 -  Conroe Caney Creek @ Abe

11/9 -  @ Waller

Judging by those schedules....we won’t play CS and Magnolia West on the 2nd of November. So, I’m guessing it will be Caney Creek? Then that leaves College station And Magnolia West on the 26th and 9th. It seems we may play on the road against CS, unless we’ll have a total of 6 home games next season and back to back home games in district. And Judging  by tomball district schedule, not sure that’s going to happen. 

Not sure if this helps ...someone through the coaches office informed me we have five home games this year, 3-district and 2 non district... next yr with Monterrey it will be 6 home games . So our other game at home this year would be either CS or Caney Creek. Since we play Magnolia at Abe, then Magnolia West would probably be a road game. Does that make sense?

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Not sure if this helps ...someone through the coaches office informed me we have five home games this year, 3-district and 2 non district... next yr with Monterrey it will be 6 home games . So our other game at home this year would be either CS or Caney Creek. Since we play Magnolia at Abe, then Magnolia West would probably be a road game. Does that make sense?

I’m guessing Caney Creek will be the next and final home game of the year.....unless we have a playoff Home game. CS and Magnolia West on the road. I like playing the defending champs on the road. 

So between you and I we're going to correct the 2018 Lufkin Panthers schedule above to reflect what we think is going to be the schedule and hopefully we're right if not we'll just change it.