Sign in to follow this  
PackAttack

Lufkin Basketball 2016 -2017

Lufkin basketball teams are playing well, beating lots of lower class teams. How do they fare when the 6A District teams come to town?  Who is picked to win the district this year?   Both girls and guys seem to play well together.

The Lady Panthers are 2-0 in district with their last game a 1 point win on the road against the Woodlands! Down by 1 with 2.5 seconds left and J. Suell made 2 free throws for the win. Tonight the Lady Pack travels  to College Park. 

Guys will open district play@ Panther Gym v. College Park.

Heck of a game tonight. Kordell Rodgers with a triple double. Jeremiah Davis did a good job in defending the 4 star player from CP Quentin grimes. 1-0 start to district with a 62-59 victory after trailing through 3 quarters. I believe overall around 17-8. 

Girls lost to CP tonight 58-44 

26 minutes ago, LufkinPanthers06 said:

Heck of a game tonight. Kordell Rodgers with a triple double. Jeremiah Davis did a good job in defending the 4 star player from CP Quentin grimes. 1-0 start to district with a 62-59 victory after trailing through 3 quarters. I believe overall around 17-8. 

We are 16-8 overall (1-0) 

19 hours ago, LufkinPanthers06 said:

That's a good win. I think we also beat them last year too. 

Have not seen a single game.  Can't bring myself to get out there to watch.  Glad they are doing well.     I am just a little zombied out about LHS sports, well football,  right now. Separation and space is what I need for a while.  

LadyPack One and Done to JT after beating them by 21 earlier in the season.  Lufkin Lady Softball loses to Hudson 4-3, after outscoring opponents 31-0 in 5 scrimmages, one a 3-0 defeat of Hudson.  Gee Wheez......  When it counts the most we just whatever.........

Good season by the Girls BB , wait till next year again.  Lufkin softball should be good again but in 16-6A I am not sure how they are picked to finish.

51 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

LadyPack One and Done to JT after beating them by 21 earlier in the season.  Lufkin Lady Softball loses to Hudson 4-3, after outscoring opponents 31-0 in 5 scrimmages, one a 3-0 defeat of Hudson.  Gee Wheez......  When it counts the most we just whatever.........

Good season by the Girls BB , wait till next year again.  Lufkin softball should be good again but in 16-6A I am not sure how they are picked to finish.

I think the district finished 0-4 in the first round too. Smh..

Panther Boys beat THW 71-60 to finish in 2nd place tie in the district with Conroe. Pack wins coin toss for 2nd place seeding. They await their first round opponent. 

That 6'9" Bullard guy for THW did not play as well as he did at home in front of the scouts.  Overrated because of his height and Dad, Matt Bullard played for the Rockets.  Six points and 9 RB, I could do that and I'm 63. Well, the 6 points.  ???????

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

That 6'9" Bullard guy for THW did not play as well as he did at home in front of the scouts.  Overrated because of his height and Dad, Matt Bullard played for the Rockets.  Six points and 9 RB, I could do that and I'm 63. Well, the 6 points.  ???????

??? ??

Big win by Lufkin tonight, 56-48 over Richardson Berkner in Round 2 at Wagstaff Gym in Tyler. Berkner had a 6'10" center and 6'7" Point Gaurd. Lufkin overcame an 11 point deficit in the 3rd quarter to pull out the victory. Great Team effort.  Big LP crowd on hand was a difference maker in some ways,  it rattled Berkner down the stretch and pumped up the Pack who played outstanding D against a much taller opponent. The Lufkin big men played physical inside and big rebounds in the 4th to keep it close. It was tied 48-48 with 1:56 left in the game. Panthers now play Dallas Skyline who won over Conroe.

Skyline plays tough D, will be a low scoring game. They make most of their points off steals, forced turnovers and free throws. Tough game for the Pack,  but they play pretty good D too. Should be a good Lufkin crowd.

They have held several teams on their schedule in the teens and 20s for the game.  They beat Richardson Berkner 42-38 @ Berkner and 64-52 @ Skyline during their district play.  Lufkin is the only team left in the playoffs from 12-6A. Skyline has played and defeated two common Pack opponents this year, Silsbee and Sulphur Springs 6. Do not know where they played. Lufkin lost games to both.

Lufkin bows out 44-42 to #3 Ranked Dallas Skyline tonight in Lindale.  Lufkin gave a very good account of themselves tonight.  As I said earlier, the D was on display tonight.  Dallas Skyline's 6 ft 7 in point guard Marcus Garrett has 27 of the 44 Raiders points.  Shooting a couple of 3s, free throw, but mostly slashing drives to the hoop.  He is a Kansas commit and he took them on his shoulders tonight.  Cortnee Garcia had an outstanding night to close out his career at Lufkin with about 17 points.  Three Pointers and fast break point were his strong suit tonight.  Proud of these kids and they made Skyline sweat all game long.  Going to miss those seniors but they have a good  nucleus returning next year.A  fun game to watch and another big Panther crowd on hand.

http://lufkinpanthersports.com/lufkins-season-ends-in-heartbreaking-fashion-2/