PackAdmin

2016 Lufkin Panther Football

28 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

That is what I posted earlier.  Warm ups at 6 PM, play starts at 6:30 PM

Thanks. I just saw it. I'm glad we're doing live quarters this year.

will be an interesting approach this year.  It does help them get some more specialized work against "new faces" with some adrenalin as well as more overall work!!  Quicker way to identify "gaps" and coach up for LV.  GO PACK!!

1 hour ago, PantherDad said:

will be an interesting approach this year.  It does help them get some more specialized work against "new faces" with some adrenalin as well as more overall work!!  Quicker way to identify "gaps" and coach up for LV.  GO PACK!!

Agree

Ask a friend of mine why Kordell was wearing a brace on his right hand early in the week. Thought he may have hurt in practice or something. He said they originally though it was broke, but it happen at a party when he was involved in some kind of fight. Just bruised it up . These kids??? 

Panthers wrapping up second week of practice

13937977_1006489342782421_720468637355718533_o

With two weeks of practice in the books, the Lufkin Panthers are putting the finishing touches on their final preparations for the 2016 season.

Now with the opener just around the corner, Lufkin players have been impressive in their preparation for what they hope is another successful year.

“We came out of the summer in good shape,” Lufkin head coach Todd Quick said. “On offense we’ve got our quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs back. On defense we have our secondary and linebackers back. That lets you hit the ground running on the first day back.”

The Panthers put on the pads for the first time during their Aug. 12 workout, wrapping up a fast-paced first week of practice. This week, the Panthers have been somewhat slowed down by the rain, although they have still gotten in plenty of work.

“We’ve been indoors two days this week because of the rain and that can be a sweat box in there,” Quick said. “We were able to get back outside (Wednesday) so that was good to get back out to the stadium.”

With those workouts leading up to the season, Quick said the emphasis has been on the team getting better across the board even with an intriguing opener against Longview just around the corner.

“Our main focus is on us,” Quick said. “I’d be lying if I said we haven’t taken a look at Longview, but the focus right now is just getting better. On Saturday, we’ll start really breaking down Longview. We’ve seen them enough over the last 20-something years to know they’re won’t be a lot of surprises with what they do.”

28 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Ask a friend of mine why Kordell was wearing a brace on his right hand early in the week. Thought he may have hurt in practice or something. He said they originally though it was broke, but it happen at a party when he was involved in some kind of fight. Just bruised it up . These kids??? 

Smh

19 minutes ago, PurpleNation said:

If you don't give me some updates. You been there long enough lol

Not in the live quarters yet, because of the rain

Starters scored twice in the controlled portion that ended in a 3-3 tie. First team defense didn't let the Huntsville offense score though. The backups for Huntsville scored all three tds in the controlled portion.