Sign in to follow this  
Chadalac05

Lufkin Panther Sports

Of course those idiots on smoaky are taking their shots at us. Saying we wanted to win pretty bad, like we weren't going to the playoffs basically every year in football before we dropped down. Doesn't make sense for us to "fix" the numbers now after playing in the largest classification all of these years. 

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Of course those idiots on smoaky are taking their shots at us. Saying we wanted to win pretty bad, like we weren't going to the playoffs basically every year in football before we dropped down. Doesn't make sense for us to "fix" the numbers now after playing in the largest classification all of these years. 

Those on Smoaky can kiss my back side.  I am tired of all the crap that is said over there, they don't know the first thing about they are talking about. 

14 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Just a Simple mistake and misunderstanding of the rules IMO. Lets move on.

It sure looks like someone turned in a completely bogus number to me since the numbers do not add up.  I don't buy it being a simple misunderstanding. It was a big deal for Lufkin to move down in classification since it was thought that we would dominate as the biggest school in 5a. Now it looks like a few innocent coaches and players may pay the price for someone's attempt at manipulating the system.  I wonder if it will affect the baseball and softball playoffs this year?

Don't know . You know if there are repercussions I really feel bad for the kids playing and the Lufkin fans. For Haugland and others in the school Ad Min to not know how these numbers occurred or even the discrepancies in the different add and subtract totals sounds like they are scrambling.  Still think it was just a oversight or miscommunication , still an embarrassing mistake for our school to make and made us look suspect to other people in Texas, whether we were or not. Especially with the fact that we still did not get out of the first round in football either year in 5A.

According to the report last night from the TV, UIL has not decided whether they will even meet about this. SO....................

Did anyone realize spring practice started yesterday? 

actually, spring practice starts today! But I am in agreement with PA... no one did anything on purpose. And the AD has nothing to do with it. It is strictly up to the Administration to make sure #'s are correct and sign off on them. It seems at one point back in time UIL had told us we did NOT have to count those kids at state school and Stubblefield. Then they changed that... we were in a transistion from one superintendent to another... things just fell through the crack, IMHO.... bottom line, WE SHOULD know the rule and make sure we are following it. Seems we did get it right this past year... but only after we had turned in a lower # and then corrected it in time to "stay out of trouble." What hurts me the most is even people from Lufkin think right off we were trying to cheat. I just don't believe that. Really hoping UIL sees it as a mistake. People do make mistakes....

I probably should leave this topic alone but..... I expect the UIL to bring the hammer.  Mistake or not, 2 years in the wrong classification is going to bring huge penalties.  Just think of all the affected travel budgets and lost playoff revenue for so many districts across the state.  I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid this is not a big deal, but a HUGE deal.