Sign in to follow this  
LPanther

Update on Outlaw Film

This is the latest information on the Outlaw Film from Matt Skinner ......

Dear Outlaw Nation,

Thank you for all of your support.  The film is now ready to be converted to a DCP.  This "DCP" format makes the film ready to be shown on the big screen.  We are actively looking for sponsors to help us play at the Cinemark in Lufkin.  Having the film play at the Cinemark - Lufkin, in high definition and surround sound is our ultimate desire for you, the audience, to view the picture.  Please let us know of any businesses or individuals that might be interested in coming in as a sponsor.  OR...  Please contact Cinemark and ask them to wave the screening fee.  It is $2000.00 for 2 hours, and we believe we could have multiple showings.  We want to donate ticket proceeds to the Lufkin Alumni Association - John Outlaw Scholarship Fund.  

Thank you,

Matt Skinner

skinnerdigital@gmail.com

The John Outlaw's Film will be shown at the Lufkin Cinemark Theaters on April 8, 9 and 10 , 2016 @ 7 PM each night. Proceeds will go to the John Outlaw's Memorial scholarship fund.

Found out yesterday that there will be only 800 tickets sold total for these three showings. There's 100 football players that want to see it so that leaves only 800 individuals at $5 a head. Tickets will be sold through the athletic department, do not know a schedule time this will happen. Knoe news if this will be put on DVD to be sold or not. The Cinemark Theater 290 people and there will be only three showings and a hundred of those spaces going to football players that want to see the film. Cinemark it's charging $2,100 per night to rent the theater.

Tickets on sale at ticket window at the high school March 30-31 between 4 and 7 pm.  Now only 260 available for each showing.  Seems like not much money going to the Outlaw Foundation if they are paying 2100/showing?

The Outlaw film was amazing. Great job by skinner and crew. Seeing coach O back on that sideline brought tears to my eyes. Im thankful i was able to play for and know that man on a personal level. Wow

Awesome film. Great insight to the one and only Outlaw and his football children. I was sentimental and misty eyed through out the film. One of a kind man.

Nothing has been said about distribution on DVD.

Larry Bonner and I were able to see the long awaited John Outlaw finished movie product Friday night. All the scenes brought back lots of great memories and good times with family watching Panther football during those great Outlaw years in Lufkin. The Man was for sure one of a kind, a winner everywhere he coached and he really cared for all of his player children. He always said God put him on this earth to help children better themselves and he did.

Hope I can see it on DVD or some pay site that I can log in and pay to watch it.  I know there are many others like me that are not in Texas due to work that could not make it in to watch it. Go Pack 

OUTLAW UPDATE

Thank you all for being such great and patient supporters of the late Coach John Outlaw, and the film made in his honor.  We are very happy to report to you that the film has been signed to an agreement with Filmbuff out of New York for distribution. They showed an interest in the film shortly after it screened via the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival (great festival..you should go this October) and they never wavered.  

So what all this means is that Outlaw's story will be told from the valleys to the mountain tops across America and beyond very soon.  Everyone will be able to see the film.  

Filmbuff is aiming for a fall release - to coincide with football season.  So be sure to keep yourself up to date on Facebook and/or Twitter.  Links below.

https://www.facebook.com/Outlaw-Life-Death-and-Texas-Football-119083981634878/

https://twitter.com/coach_outlaw

Thank you,

Matt Skinner

Upcoming Screenings of:

Outlaw: Life, Death and Texas Football

Coming Soon to:

Clarksville, Arkansas - University of the Ozarks 
Benton, Arkansas - Cinemark Theaters
Sherman, Texas - Cinemark Theaters

September 22nd at 7pm - Clarksville, Arkansas - University of the Ozarks 415 N College Ave, Clarksville AR 72830 (RCC: Taylor,Bean) Free Admission

October 1st at 5pm - Benton, Arkansas - Cinemark Tinseltown 17314 I-30, Benton, AR 72019 (Tickets on sale now at Southtown Sporting Goods in Arkadelphia)

October 20th at 7pm - Sherman, Texas - Cinemark 3310 Town Center St. Sherman, TX 75090 (Tickets on sale at High School Athletic office after Homecoming)

Outlaw: Life, Death and Texas Football.

We are very excited to announce that "Outlaw" will be available on iTunes and Amazon Video this November 22, 2016 for purchase and rental.  You will also be able to stream the film on Google Play, Microsoft Movies&TV, Sony PlayStation and VUDU.  If you desire a DVD, please send an email to info@coachoutlaw.com.  We have a limited supply, so please let us know.  A new movie trailer will available on Facebook and CoachOutlaw.com very soon. Thank you all for your faith in the picture, it is because of your prayers and help that this film will now be able to be seen by parents and children across America and beyond.  You should be very proud of that. Please click on the icons below to follow the Facebook and Twitter page.  We will have updates there soon. #NeverGiveUp