Remembering Coach Outlaw........great article

• 6 months later...

http://www.rexnelsonsouthernfried.com/?p=3207

As we approach the 2012 Panther football season, a new era of Lufkin football will begin. It will be the first time in 17 years that we will not see Coach John Outlaw on the Abe Martin sidelines leading our kids on to the field. It has been 7 months since his passing and it is easy to forget and get caught up in the other things in our lives. However on the night of September 7th in Abe Martin Stadium, Lufkin's home opener, the reality that he his no longer here will hit home for us all and finally complete and seal the circle of what he accomplished here in Lufkin. My heart is still heavy when I think of John and what he did for the kids and the community of Lufkin Texas. As you read the article above you will notice he did the same everywhere he coached and was a winner A special man with a God given talent to work and develop kids into the best they could be. He cared so much for their well being and wanted all to be successful in life.

So glad that Coach Todd Quick has the opportunity to guide and build the Pack program now. Realizing he is not a John Outlaw, he will now make this program his own. However it is comforting to know that John had 26 years of influence coaching with Todd, so I am sure there will still be a little of Outlaw still present in the Panther program for years to come. That to me is comforting to know.

Go Pack!

Thanks PA,

He was a great man and will be missed. I have all the faith in the world in Coach Quick he will get the job done he learned from one of the best for the last 26 years. I also just found out about Coach O'quinn just sad news all around I can remember him yelling at me in the huddle so many times.

GO PACK