Sign in to follow this  
PackAttack

Our Coach John Outlaw has passed away

That is some interesting information included here about John's career that I didn't know. We have been so lucky here in Lufkin to have him as our AD and head football the past 17 years. Everyone now wonders what the future holds for the Panther program. Big shoes to fill.

As I was driving around the Loop this evening and connecting to 59 the clouds broke, the fog lifted, and the sky was white and purple. I almost cried. If this is affecting adults this much just think how much it affects those young men who turned to him for guidance, and love. Let's band together Pack, andI for one I will probably never look at a purple sunset again and not think of John Outlaw. God speed...

The autopsy report on Coach Outlaw was he had been living with hypertension, had heart disease and enlarged heart causing death by massive heart attack.

http://www.ktre.com/story/16581948/autopsy...f-heart-disease

From KTRE NEWS:

LUFKIN, Texas (KTRE) -

An autopsy report shows Panthers Head Coach John Outlaw died of a natural heart disease.

Forensic pathologist Tommy J. Brown conducted the autopsy on Jan. 13, at the request of Justice of the Peace Bradley Stringer, after Outlaw died on Dec. 23 at the age of 58.

Listed among the pathological findings on the autopsy were severe coronary artery disease, an enlarged heart and a medical history of hypertension.

Outlaw was discovered by his wife collapsed in the kitchen. He had taken his daily 4:30 a.m. jog. When emergency personnel arrived at the couple's home, they worked to revive him before transporting him to Memorial Hospital in Lufkin.

Outlaw had 302 wins, 89 losses and three ties as a football coach.

Is anyone surprised he had an enlarged heart? Coach had one of the "largest hearts" of anyone I have ever known. Thanks for everything Law! Sure do love you.R.I.P. sad.gif

Jessie that is the type of things that shows true class and character as much as everyonje wants to win its about who you are and how you act that people should remember .. Very classy Kingwood football team and coaches ...